Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ehvren nodded, and continued to his lead and took her advice as they wound their way through the wreckage towards the tower. So many things whisked by them in their rush- the story of a fallen kingdom....
ANd how a lot of it had turned to dust.

Once at the tower's door, however, Ehvren's expression crumpled.
They had made it only a few steps up before it was revealed - "The way up is blocked. Looks like this tower collapsed..." he growled.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona swore. Colorfully. It even surprised her a bit, the words that were coming out of her mouth.

"The western tower then," she growled, whirling around to peer into the gloom the way they'd come. "It's the second highest point in the palace, but it's almost all the way on the other side."

visualspice

Ehvren swore between his teeth.
"Isn't there a way that's closer!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Of course, dozens- but if this whole place is buried in snow, I don't see how we can dig our way out," Ilona exclaimed, throwing her hands up.

visualspice

"Snow? What are you going I'm about?! " he growled, stumbling to move in the direction she preached.

DragonSong

She blinked at him. What sort of game was he playing. "The cold, white stuff," she shouted exasperatedly. "You brought a bunch of it with you when you fell through my ceiling."

visualspice

His face twisted. "You mean that cold, white ash?"

DragonSong

It suddenly clicked, all the times he'd said that. "Yes." She nodded quickly. "You'd never seen it before?"

visualspice

"What? Why are you asking me this now of all times!" he snapped. "We're running for our lives!"

DragonSong

Right. Oh, right!

"This way." She grabbed his hand and dashed down a side hall. "To the main hall- there should be a way out, but it'll be covered in- white ash."

visualspice

Finally feeling as if they were making some head way, the pair of them barely made it a few steps in before the very walls began to rumble, the stone working bulging up with a hiss as pieces cracked and tumbled downward before the swelling bulge began to roll and crack along the far end. Ehvren stumbled to stop in his tracks.

"What the hell! The way forward's blocked!"
But that seemed to be the least of their worries as he let out a scream the moment the massive head of a huge black serpent burst from the walls.

DragonSong

Ilona was frozen for a few long moments, utterly terrified. Until her brain finally kicked into action.

Snake. Animal. You can do this!

Swallowing thickly, she moved to stand in front of Ehvren and raised her hands. Calling on her magic, she spoke to the serpent, praying it was enough a part of the natural world to hear her.

"Brother, listen. We mean no harm, let us pass, please."

visualspice

The snake paused for just a brief moment before opening it's mouth, baring it's fangs and...
Then swallowing Ehvren whole!

DragonSong

A scream caught in her throat and she pressed herself back against a wall. "Y-you..."

Steeling herself, she straightened her shoulders and shouted, "Sp-spit him out right now!"

visualspice

But the large serpent did not take kindly to her commands. It's red eyes pierced the darkness like twin volcanoes before it bared it's fangs to her, poison dripping from it's fangs. And just as it reared back, ready to strike, a garbled noise of death tore through it's mouth before it's head fell sideways as it's open jaws were cut clean in half. The separating head fell around from the sticky form of the heaving prince's form, who was holding his sword with all of his might, and glaring down like a menace himself at the snake whom he just slayed.

DragonSong

Ilona's knees finally gave out, the exhaustion and shock overwhelming her as her vision tunneled.

No no no no no. She would not faint. She wouldn't. She forced the dizziness away and tried to get back to her feet, leaning heavily against the wall.

"A-are...are you alright?" she whispered, staring at Ehvren with wide eyes.

visualspice

"Tch."
Was he alright?
He was arrogant about it, slipping his blade back into it's sheath, despite the goop and blood that stained it. But when he began to walk her way-
The room sudden swung out from under him as he collapsed, face first, onto the ground.

DragonSong

"Oh!"

Still shaky herself, she darted forward to kneel beside him and roll him onto his back, muttering, "Don't be dead, please don't be dead," under her breath.

She breathed a sigh of relief when she felt life from him- then her magic flickered warningly and she looked up, down the hall.

"Ehvren." She shook his shoulder. "Come on, get up. We have to keep moving." Could she use magic to carry him?

visualspice

But he didn't stir, and the strange feeling that something's coming was getting stronger.

DragonSong

"Ehvren? Ehvren!" She was panicking now, shaking his shoulder and glancing back down the hall. "Come in, get up, get up!" Desperate, she grabbed his arm and started trying to drag him.