Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sleeping Beauty's Rude Awakening

Started by DragonSong, June 16, 2016, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He still hadn't moved, nor awakened and the sensation grew intense. So intense that there was a sudden quietness that swept across the room.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ilona froze, going silent as she felt the shift in the air. She had Ehvren's arm around er shoulder now, trying to pull him to his feet so they could get out of there.

visualspice

And the quietness lingered, creating a heavy tension unseen. And even through it, and her pleas and shakes of his body, Ehvren remained unmoving- and the pair seemed to be cornered by the unseen.

And then a chill crossed the room, and something echoed down the way, growing louder, louder, louder as the ground began to shake.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh gods." Ilona gave a terrified sob and threw herself over Ehvren's body. She couldn't leave him, it wasn't in her nature.

Besides, she wouldn't get fat on her own anyway.

One last desperate bid for her magic: she reached, and suddenly the stones beneath her cracked as long-dormant vines shot through the rock, wrapping around them like a protective nest.

Ilona sagged, utterly drained by the spell.

visualspice

And that's when the cold breeze of the breath of something darker rattle through her vines, reaching the pair nested so deep within. The shadow moved without limitation, and the sudden unseen pawing at his form had him awaken.

Blood was spilling down his nose, there was a sudden pressure on his arms, and on his head. And he was blinded by the netting of vines that in his ignorance and panic, he shot up and tore off their forms.

And he was now exposed to the whirl wind of darkness that clawed at them from a form unseen, batting at them and rattling them with an eager, hungered power.

DragonSong

Ilona screamed and clutched at Ehvren's shoulders, trying to keep him in the protection of the vines but too late.

"Run!" She shrieked, though somehow her voice seemed very small in the darkness. "We have to run!"

visualspice

"Run?!" Ehvren growled, baring his teeth dangerously at the whirling darkness. "I don't think so." His hand itched at his side as he gripped his blade. "These creature started a fight." He drew his blade. "And I intend to end this."

DragonSong

Ilona whimpered, shivering. She couldn't move. She wanted to, but she was literally frozen with fear.

"Please," she begged quietly, feeling like darkness was muffling her voice, cold panic gripping her throat. "We have to go, please."

visualspice

"Run?" Ehvren scawled through a chuckle, eyes beginning to glow. "Why run when I can stay to fight?" And as Ehvren stepped forward he looked possessed.his blade began to glow with lines of shining runes.

DragonSong

Ilona shook her head, mute, but didn't move. The vines Ehvren had ripped through rippled and shivered, then started to slowly wrap around her.

She didn't notice, too focused on what was happening in front of her.

visualspice

There was a moment of frozen tension-
And then the wall broke. A gust tore over them, splitting rocks and clawing at the very seams that barely held the wreckage together. It brought with it a malicious chill, and a darkness that enveloped their world.

But even in the darkness, Ehvren's eyes began to glow, the runes blazing with an electric like shock of light as a glow began to cast out of his body. And just as the roar of the darkness was nearly snuffing them out-

Ehvren raised his blade against the wall of power, then lashed forward, sword splicing into the darkening threat, and cut through it like a bolt of lightning. The darkness shook, trembling the room and sending some of the columns tumbling over. And as it drew back, Ehvren readied his blade again, snarling out words long forgotten in his primal tongue before he sprang again, cutting without mercy untilt he darkness itself bled away from it's blows and the pair were left standing there- the ruins trembling, and beginning to fall down in heavy stone pieces and pillows of dust all around.

DragonSong

The vines Ilona had summoned seemed to have been trying to save her, wrapping around her in a protective cocoon. But as the walls started to shake, then tumble down, rocks shattering, they became a hindrance rather than protection.

"Eh-Ehvren!" She managed to tear herself free, but the already nearly dead plants were darkening, writhing slowly on the shuddering stone floor.

She didn't notice. "Are you alright? Come on, we have to run!" She grabbed his arm and pulled, aiming for the newly created hole in the wall.

visualspice

Ehvren was breathing hard and heavy, only being torn back into reality when some debris hit against his shoulders. Wincing, he bent down low, trying to avoid more debris and followed after the woman and into the darkness.

DragonSong

Even her adrenaline couldn't completely drown out the cold and Ilona gave a soft cry as her bare feet sunk into drifts of snow. She lurched desperately at Ehvren and did her best to move them forward, though between the shadows of the crumbling ruins and the blinding white of gusts of snow she could barely see.

visualspice

He cursed relentlessly as the gust of winds cut over them, the sight more blinding than the dark. And it was cold, and made him bare his teeth that looked almost fang like. But even out here, the ground still rocked, and Ehvren was having a hard time keeping himself on his own two feet as the pair dashed away from the ruins.

He stumbled, catching himself against some fallen ruins as he caught his breath, and peered over his shoulder just enough to watch whatever spokes and spires from her home that lay beneath the earth, crumple in on itself and kick up a wall of blinding dust to join the flurry of snow.

DragonSong

Ilona paused when he did, looking back- a mistake as it turned out.

She was freezing, exhausted, and confused to the point of tears. Seeing her home collapse like so much rubble just about did her in. Her knees gave out and she buried her face in her hands, shivering as the wind whipped snow around her, tugging at her thin nightdress.

visualspice

He was just about to keep moving on, when a few steps had him faltering and turning to see the woman collapse. He hissed a curse and stumbled to her side.

"Hey... hey... girl," he couldn't for the life of him, recall her name. "What are you doing? We can't stay here."
He shivered, teeth chattering as he looked around. The entire place reeked of something ancient, something dark and cold.

DragonSong

Drawing in shaky breaths in an effort to hold back tears, Ilona forced herself to her feet, shivering violently.

"Wh-where do we go?" She looked around. The entire landscape has changed from her memories, and the howling wind and snow certainly didn't help.

visualspice

Irritated, Ehvren snapped back.
"I thought you knew the way!"

DragonSong

"I did!"

She looked around again. "But...but everything's different now. I don't..." Her shoulders were shaking and she was starting to lose feeling in her extremities. She looked up, trying to figure out where they were by the position of the nearly cloud-covered sun.

"South. We need to go south."