Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Echoes [M]

Started by visualspice, June 25, 2016, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

It gave her chills this creature was so close to her, over powering her and filling her with dred. Although she was hardly a woman who screamed at spiders or insects, it was impossible not to be unnerved by the massive lower half of his body. And still she clinched as he drew near, heart beating rapidly but fear chilling her veins. The ends of her fingers prickled even, neck and spine stiff, but still.... As the spider man presumed, she was lit up from fear.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Feylndra, my pet." His  voice was soft, "do you remember what rain smells like?" It seemed like an innocent enough question but his hands roamed along her curiously, memorizing the feel of her body.

visualspice

She cringed at his touch. "Of course I do. You should be able to smell it all over me," she told him through her teeth.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

"Sadly the scent of needing a mate is overpowering any scent of rain," He breathed in, tipping his face to her neck and inhaling. "Perhaps you'd like to bargain for your freedom," Sol said softly, his hand moving to her shoulder before moving back down to grope at her thigh. Seemed like there was lots of good meat there.

"If you can escape by navigating the tunnels in," He looked thoughtful, "Three hours - without a light - I'll let you go. Even if it's nightfall I won't pursue." And then he smiled, "And if you can't you become my pet until I grow tired of you and set you free or I eat you."

visualspice

"Three hours?" she scoffed. "And without a light? Really, I never knew one could be so barbaric. No, I don't think I'll agree to those terms. I might be desperate for a chance to escape but even I know how to gauge a bad deal."

Draconian

Sol smiled at her, enjoying her sharp tongue and wit. Most would nod and flee, grabbing any chance at freedom.

Well, he assumed, he'd never caught a living human before. Usually just ate their broken remains.

He brushed past her, his legs dragging along hers as he made his way to her little glowing bead.

"Fine. eight hours with this," He moved behind her, leaning down far enough so his chest pressed to her back while he pressed the pearl into her hand and went about dismantling the web. Of course he'd follow her the whole way, ready to claim his prize and drag her back to his den.

visualspice

Beatrice shivered at the contact, the sight and feel of the massive spider limbs still completely unnerving. She never hated spiders, but after this, she supposed if she survived it, she might have good reason to.

And then his back was flush to her's and she felt her heart become swallowed in her throat. The orb blinded her momentarily, but the second she began to fall free, she scrambled to catch her balance, and turned to face the drider defensively.

"Either hours, the light and what else?" she knew she was pushing her luck, but she was also grasping for more time. She needed to think, and plan, and figure this all out- but it was nearly impossible as she was still trembling and very much overwhelmed by the entire ordeal.

Draconian

Sol picked her up by the waist to remove the webbing from around her ankles and nuzzled his nose to her neck, enjoying her scent. Also remembering it for later.

"Eight hours, the light," His tongue swiped along the curve of her neck where it met shoulder, "And the knowledge that if I catch you, I win." He set her down gently, "I'll give you a head start."

visualspice

Still unnerved, she couldn't help but bite back, "Oh, a head start? How generous of you." But she was sweating something fierce, and wasn't sure if her heart had ever hammered so hard for so long.

Draconian

Sol smiled, "You have no idea, Feylndra," He purred at her. He took a few steps back, watched her and waited.  "Your head start is running out, Pet, best you get going."

visualspice

Taking a step back, she regarded him only briefly, hoping she wasn't a full to turn her back on such a creature and run. But she was able to run, and she knew she was a fool if she didn't try. Turning on her heel, she clutched the light and took off, ducking under one low hanging webbing after another, heading towards the opposing opening she had stumbled in from. She knew she had better changes anywhere but where she had fallen in from, and also, hoped, that the smaller opening of this section of caves meant a smaller area- and perhaps a place only someone of human sized could fit.

She could only pray there was at least some means to get out of this mess, and her eyes also sought the walls around her for a weapon. She did have a knife in her boot, but it'd have to be a well placed cut if she wanted to use it. The drider was of incredible size, and she knew she truly hadn't seen the whole lethality of this spider.

Spiders, spiders were known for their poisons. And their ability to climb. Climb...
Her eye flashed up towards the ceiling as she continued to make her way across the wide expanse of his den. Climb...
She had to remember that. And webs. HIs webbing was so sticky, it seemed only the spider himself could pry her from it.

Ducking into the first cavern entrance, she was careful to avoid the thick webbing that littered across her path. She was certain the spider must've just gushed the webs from his spinneret just for the fun of it here, for the deeper she went, the harder it was to creep past his curtains of webs.

Draconian

Sol gave her the headstart.

Technically.

He wasn't chasing her. He was following her.

And after that headfull of her scent. The way fear made her smell so good Sol decided that there were much more interesting things to do besides eat her. He hadn't anticipated her getting so far so quickly and he paused, frowning slightly when he watched her avoid webbing.

Webbing he knew he hadn't put there.

Mostly the caves were web free - or at least he thought they were - they were stilled used by drows to move and if they'd caught him cluttering their space with his sticky webs they'd have things to say to him. Perhaps a death sentence to hand him.

Sol followed her wearily, silent as ever. Though he tore through the webs like they were made of paper and of course they stuck to his legs. A deep frown. A chattering could be heard down the way, clicking of carapace. The girl would have no time react, the other being was so fast, legs curled around her to draw her into his own web.

"Nindel zhah usst!" Sol snapped his voice hissing, rushing forward, legs getting tangled in the others web.

When had they cursed another?

Or how long ago was it that they'd been sleeping until now?

No doubt her sweet scent woke him up.

And now he was hungry.

visualspice

Being caught off guard, Beatrice's cries were muffled as she dropped her light orb and was yanked into the dark. She couldn't help but believe that this was Sol coming back to gobble her up, but when she heard a hiss and turned towards the voice, the orb illuminated just enough of his face for her to recognize him before she slowly turned around and her stomach dropped as she looked at him.

Draconian

Sol snarled and the other drider - gnarled and old. Sunken cheeks, stringy white hair, hissed something in return. It was an old language. Far older than Sol could remember, but this one had his play thing.

Sol had so few belongings.

He lunged.

It was easy to fight such a tired drider, Sol made sure to knock away the little light orb once he tossed Felyndra behind him. That way she couldnt see what he did. Only the sick sound of flesh ripping. The dull thud of something meaty being dropped and the following much quiet noises that sounded not a lot unlike eating.

Why should meat go to waste?

Overcome with the meal, Sol momentarily forgot his prize and fed.

visualspice

Seeing the opportunity, Beatrice slunk back. Quietly as she could, she procured the light orb and began to move. And she moved in any which direction she could. There was no care in where she went, just how she went, for she was as silent as the grave.

Eventually there was a split in the cave, and she took the sharp right, which she felt the ground worm it's way further down into the ground rather than up. It might not be the road to freedom, but she spotted a few slits in the cave walls, and when she saw one she believed she could fit into, but perhaps a drider could not...
She began to climb, quickly- but carefully up the craggy side of the cavern wall.

Draconian

It was a decent amount of time of him feasting on the other drider before he realized his precious Feylndra was gone.  His head jerked up and he looked around, gave a little hiss of displeasure before he pressed his hand to the walls and took a deep breath, trying to catch her delicious scent. So sweet.

There.

Another deep breath, a soft sigh and he took off after her, legs quick and silent.

The scent grew stronger in no time and there. The strongest point.

He hissed when he realized where she was.

"Don't go there," He pleaded, voice husky from wanted and feeding, "You'll get trapped and die. It's a fissure. It leads no where," he didn't want her to die. He'd never have her delicious scent again, "Felyndra." His voice was stern at the opening, arm reaching in, she was right, he couldn't go through, up to his waist where his cursed spider body began.

"Felyndra, please, I won't eat you. I'll help you, but I can't help you if you get stuck and die."

visualspice

Beatrice had barely slipped into her little tunnel when Sol appeared and begged her to return. She smiled grimly at the idea.
"I think I'll take my chances here. The cave doesn't seem to want to toy with me and desire to eat me later." She crawled back until she believed  she was far away from him he definitely couldn't reach.

"And my name is Beatrice... Beatrice Warner," she corrected, peering back towards him from the dark, those green eyes of her glowing subtly from the snuffed light of the orb pressed closely within her palm.

Draconian

"Felyndra!" Sol called, "Beatrice!" Why was he panicking?

There could be a cave in.

He clawed at the rocks in desperation, "Please. That leads no where. You'll starve or get stuck. Please. I won't eat you!" He voice took on a heavy accent in his panic, slipping from common to the drow tongue he grew up with. "Please, I'll show you the way out if you spend a few days with me," he finally started to bargain, "Just a few days. I won't eat you and you'll be free."

visualspice

She had already made up her mind. There was no way nor reason to trust the beast and she had survived this long on her own, anyway. So she continued to crawl forward, body scraping at the tight fit and tearing at her dress and skin.

The way forward was a jagged crawl, and she knew she'd be bruised and sore later. It was most impossible now for her to even go back if she wanted to. She had no idea how,long she had been crawling like that on her belly, but pauses a moment to stretch out her limbs as best she could, and to draw in a few deep breaths to remain calm.

She knew she could very well die in here... She just hoped her fate was much better forwards rather than back with that drider. But surely things couldn't get worse now, could they?

She continue d on her belly, and eventually the fissure opened to a three way split. Beatrice nudged both ways carefully before licking her finger and holding it up towards each way forward. It was a weak sense, but the right tunnel seemed to carry a wine with it. So it was that way she crawled through next.

Draconian

Sol hissed angrily.

stupid little human.

He tried to be nice.

Apparently his lies didn't quite strike enough fear into her.

Whatever. He knew where the tunnel went, he'd follow her scent - it was ingrained in him, he needed to have her. Needed to taste her. Sol rolled his shoulders and continued along the way, knowing the tunnels like the back of his hand. He'd chased rats through almost all the little fissures and holes and if she was looking for the way out and was a least a little intelligent he knew exactly where she'd be going.

Sol took to the ceiling again, no need to just stand in front of the hole she'd come out of.

This time.

Sol frowned, this time he'd keep his Felydra. At least for a little while.