Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Two Voices {Heretic King}

Started by Kalak8538, August 07, 2016, 07:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalak8538

Yarik shot a quick glance at the man who was scrambling across the cobblestone floor. The crowd of onlookers were still wary, but slowly began to resume their previous business. The rover's gaze met the woman's again. This did not involve him, and needed no more of his attention.

"Vhat you are seeink in front of you. Nice to see you again, by zhe vay..."

Medievarad

She pressed her hand together and made a slightly apologetic bow, smirking softly as she did however. "Sorry if I spooked you," she said quickly, before standing up straight again. "The pleasure is mine," she answered, before ducking down to inspect his ware, before picking up an emerald penchant, humming softly.

"This looks nice," she muttered softly. "How much?"

Kalak8538

The rover held back the urge to chuckle at the woman's choice. The pendant was seemed much more extravagant and expensive than it really was, the green chunk of glass in the middle being almost indistinguishable from a real emerald.

"For you? No charge... he said, bowing his head.

Medievarad

"Oh, really?" She smirked. "Either you're a very generous bussiness man," she trailed, flicking the pendant through her fingers. "Or, the other case, I think you know what I mean," she added with the same smirk.

If it was a real emerald, it wouldn't be free of charge at all.

Kalak8538

"Eh, consider it gift." Yarik said with a shrug.

The shady man had long since disappeared, sprinting through the crowds to get away.

"You have perhaps saved wares from bad man, hm?"

Medievarad

Lyra chuckled softly, pulling up the sheathe on her back, sliding out the straight sword, tying the necklace to the hilt of her sword. "Perhaps, I don't know what he would've done. Just paid to give him a trashing."

Kalak8538

"Blessink iz blessink! Even if iz not seen!" Yarik snapped with a jovial tone, holding one finger in the air.

He could only spare a chuckle before the bard's surroundings caught up with him. All he wanted to do was continue chatting with his friend. Unfortunately, he had a "shop" to keep.

"We talk later, yes?"

Before Lyra would answer, his attention was elsewhere. The rover had customers that needed attending to.

Medievarad

"I'll stick around," she answered, taking several steps back to lean against his wagon. "I got nothing better to do, so, added security," she added with a soft grin.

Kalak8538

Yarik could only afford a thumbs up to show that he acknowledged.

It was a busy day, full of sales and stories. After what seemed like a week, the sun began to fall and the streets began to empty.

"Aaaaaaand.... zhere ve go! Time to close."

The rover packed away his purse in his vest's inside pocket. He had made quite the coin today, enough to sustain him - as well as purchase the next round of merchandise - until he came to the next town of his route.

"Hope it vas not too borink for you!" he said, directing a glance at his volunteer security officer.

Medievarad

Lyra hadn't moved much from her spotas. The people that bought Yarik's wares seemed rather well behaved. The question rose whether it was always thethe case, or because there was a pretty face like hers standing gaurd. Because as easy she may've been, on the eyes, Lyra looked very serious when standing there.

The non-verbal message was more than obvious. Don't try anything funny, yet at the same time, shehe also, didn't seem to scare costumers away.

As Yarik closed up, Lyra pushed herself up straight. "It wasn't, else I would've left," she chuckled softly as she admitted itwith. She folded her hands.behind her back and started to walk around a bit, stretching her arms as she did. "So. Had a good day?"

Kalak8538

"Is zhat so?" Yarik asked with a chuckle.

She asked about his earnings. Normally, the bard would not discuss such a thing, even with close friends. However, this woman had more than proven her trustworthiness. He was also in quite a good mood.

"I beleeve so..." he responded with delight.

"More of profit then I am usually makink. Besides, now zhere is less to clean!"

Yarik beamed as he stood over his lacking inventory. Of course, it would need to be replaced, but there was no rush. The rover had more than enough money in which to do it.

Medievarad

She smirked softly. "That's great," Lyra replied, before turning around andand putting her hands on her back, stretching more. "Gods. I was never one for keeping still too long," she murmured softly, before glancing over her shoulder at Yarik. "You're gonna start moving on, or keep in the area?"

Kalak8538

Yarik walked over to the wagon and unlocked the back door, leaving it open for better access. He walked back, and collected some merchandise in a neat pile.

"I am same as you..." he said before lifting with a grunt.

"I am likink place, but it iz too borink to stay anyvhere too long."

He took the supplies to the wagon and walked inside, storing each bit in different locations with calculated organization.

Medievarad

She nodded, following him over to the wagon and leaninga against it. She examined her fingernails, softly blowing on them before glancing at him. "Where you planning on going then?"

Kalak8538

Everything in the first load was packed away in mere minutes. Yarik stepped back out with a fully unfurled map in front of his face.

"Hmm... Am not sure..."

Medievarad

Lyra smiled softly, nodding again. "Well, for a fee, wherever you go," she smirked softly. "I can provide as compelling company and guard." She shrugged slowly. "I have no assignments, so I'm looking for work."