Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Shift of Fate [Heretic!] [M]

Started by DaGlobster, July 24, 2016, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Kytin exhaled, breath misting in the freezing tundra air. His robe and armor were shifted to resemble something more appropriate for a winter endeavor, although the garish blue-on-black with gold accents still let him stand out. On this day, he was a dark-skinned giant of a man, easily clearing seven feet in height. Larger forms were great for the cold, as they could withstand the temperatures much easier and the added height meant he could slog through snow so much easier. In this form, his signature blade took the form of a heavy axe.

Kytin looked about, eyes ever shifting between colors and pupil shapes, before he continued walking. Originally, his destination was the village, as he wanted to test a few theories out on the local peasants, but just as luck would have it, he ran into a couple by the river a few miles back. By the time they'd finally succumbed to death, he'd performed many beautiful changes on their mundane forms, and had gotten so much sweet information.

Information pertaining to the surrounding area, and most importantly, information about a giant, supposedly cursed mansion quite a distance away from the village.

And lo and behold, Kytin crested over a small hill, and there it was, nestled just a mile or two away. Immediately, he noticed that it was in surprisingly good shape for a building that was supposed to be abandoned and cursed. This filled him with a twisted sort of hope as he walked down the hill and made his way towards the home.

Medievarad

Sonneillon sighed softly. She never was too good at being able to control herself. The dread demon rubbed her forehead as she navigated to the front door, her lack of control indicated by the heapbof gore that used to be a demon servant out of line. And now she was covered in blood and bits everywhere. It truly was a bother, getting dirty so quickly after bathing.

Clad in a thick, fur cloak, she made her way out into the waste, stepping several meters away from the mansion, hands sheltered in opposite sleeves. It was calm, clear unlike the usual magical blizzard that surrounded her home. Most people in the villave were scared enough to not approach it, so why bother? She could finally live undisturbed, and start working to build her influence from this frozen waste forth.

DaGlobster

After some walking, Kytin was close enough that Sonneillon would probably see his approach, and that he no doubt saw her now as well. His keen eyes let him pick up her every detail from a distance. Horns, claws, a peculiar coloration.

Pretty basic, but Kytin relished the prospect of having a demon to work on. He didn't know just how strong she was, though, so he had to play nice for now.

So he stopped, confident that she could see him, and stared on, acting as though surprised to see someone else out on the wastes.

Medievarad

One of the red pigments that suggested to be her eyebrow rose slightly as she witnessed the traveller. Well, nevermind her earlier thoughts. A soft sigh left her, yet no condensced cloud in the cold followed her breath, for she was not among the living, body temperature, a heart beat, breathing. All those things were not required for a being such as herself.

Though, she had to admit, this was a curious person. Peculiar robes and armour she hadn't seen anywhere in Hyoite before. She turned around and slowly made her way to the mansion, pushing the door open and waiting for him, a wordless invitation.

DaGlobster

An interesting development indeed. It seemed that he was not altogether unwelcome in this demon woman's domicile, or perhaps it was an elaborate trap of sorts. Either way, he wanted to enter the mansion, and it seemed she was alright with letting him do so.

He stepped past the gate, and towards the porch. Already, his clothing was shifting into a more proper robe, and he was downsizing so he could fit properly for the door. He still kept his incredibly strong appearance, he was just more human sized.

He stepped up the porch, the texture of the wood twisting slightly anywhere he stepped, and the effects quickly dissipated afterwards. He placed a hand on the door and pushed it open, although he stood at the doorway for a few moments longer, waiting for an objection, before he stepped inside. He let his sword return to its sheath, not waning to appear aggressive.

Medievarad

She cast a glance at him from over her shoulder. A shapechanger? Or some ability reminiscent to it? Either way, she would find out.

She kept the thick cloak on even when inside the mansion, the demon made her way to some kind of meeting room, sitting down on a sofa in the middle of the room, glancing at him, her eyes gesturing for him to sit down aswell. Not a word spoken.

After a brief silence, she took a deep breath. "What do you seek here?" She asked with a surprisingly soft voice. 

DaGlobster

Kytin wordlessly followed Sonneillon to the meeting room. It seemed they just so happened to be on the same page, and when she sat down and motioned for him to sit as well, there was only a quiet moment of consideration before he sat down across from her.

When she spoke, Kytin straightened up a bit.

"I seek a home." Kytin said, and he sized Sonneillon up. When he looked back up at her face, his eyes were green.

Medievarad

She looked slightly disgruntled. "I'd like to stress to speak to me with the proper respects," she stated, before sighing softly. "If I were to offer you a home. What would I get in return?" She didn't make a notion about his eyes. It was quite clear he possessed some kind of shape-altering ability. Though, she was more interested in what services he could offer.

DaGlobster

Kytin smirked.

"How can I, if I do not know your name and title?" Kytin said, and he let out an amused breath from his nose.

"If you would let me shelter in your home, I could offer you many things. Security, magical enhancements for your guards or yourself, and many other things. What is it that you require?"

Medievarad

"Sonneillon," she replied with a soft hiss. "Lady Sonneillon, at the least."

She huffed in slight annoyance. "About anything that you offer now," she said, relaxing back in the sofa. "You will become one of my subjects. And perhaps my personal guard untill I find more suitable people."

DaGlobster

"A pleasure, Lady Sonneillon," Kytin said, putting an odd emphasis on her title. His eye color shifted to match hers.

"Define the terms of subjecthood."

Medievarad

She sighed softly. It was a start. She wasn't really in the mood to scold him further and he did adapt. A minor matter she decided not to persue. For now.

"You will serve me," she started, letting out a soft, yet dark, chuckle. "Any way I wish. I will not ask you to give your life, but if I ask you to kill, you will do so without remorse. You are free to move about as you please, unless I call upon you. In which I expect an immediate response."

DaGlobster

"Killing is a non-factor for me. However..."

Kytin met her eyes.

"I might choose to capture some instead of kill. I have research to do, after all," he said.

Medievarad

"Only if you request, and I give you permission," she answered. "Some people need killing, other people merely bother me, you can capture those if you please."

Though her eyes sparked with something. Perhaps amused sadism?

"Your.. Research. Is it painful?"

DaGlobster

"Oh, it transcends mere agony," Kytin said.

Apparently, they'd just clicked.

"I'm a fluxomancer, I study the application of raw mana as a spellcasting font. As you might have noticed, I can shift sizes and eye colors, but I can do so many more wild and dramatic changes."

He smiled a bit, almost wistfully.

"A ball of searing mana can render an adult human into a quivering pile of flesh, but I can also warp the bodies of my targets with medical precision, and I like to test any new changes I come up with on others."

Was he pretty much telling her everything? Yes. But on another note, it seemed she'd be much more useful to him as an employer than a test subject.

Medievarad

"A.. Fluxomancer? I've heard rumours. I never expected to meet one," she huffed softly. Before smirking. "And it is good, the targets that need.. Some persuasion to give me answers, I will grant them to you. And when I have what I need, I will allow you to do as you please."

DaGlobster

"I find those terms agreeable," Kytin said.

"Have you a cellar? Or any unused rooms?"

Medievarad

"Rooms plenty for you to reside," she chuckled softly. "And a dungeon for your.. Research."

DaGlobster

At the mention of a dungeon, Kytin smiled. After a few moments, it faded, and Kytin found his eyes curiously wandering Sonneillon.

"Are you a demon?" Kytin asked, smiling slightly as if the possibility excited him.

Medievarad

"Yes," Sonneillon answered the gaze with her own cold and desinterested look now. "I am indeed a demon. So once more, I'd like to be treated with the proper respect."

Tags: