Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Go Forth and Learn

Started by DragonSong, August 01, 2016, 12:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

Seeing he was having trouble, Shana didn't hesitate to leave Akash's side and moved over to help Emrys step in time with the song.  It wasn't overly complicated, and those that were too weak to follow could simply step side-to-side.

She held his hands and brought them to her shoulders, smiling up at him.  "Just look into my eyes, okay?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

Great. Just great. "O-okay." He was sure he must be blushing scarlet by now, but he tried to do as she said.

Lion

Akash shook his head, snorting a laugh.  He supposed he couldn't leave the lad suffering by himself.

So he moved beside him and gestured for Emrys to do what he was doing.  Sure their junk might have been moving a little more than he was used to, but really all he had to do was dance.

Was that really so hard?

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

DragonSong

"What- I can't do this," Emrys hissed as Akash approached, trying valiantly to keep his eyes on his face. Why the hell was everyone naked?!

"I don't move like this. I just...don't," he huffed in exasperation.

Lion

Akash stopped and put his hands on Emrys shoulders, signalling him to look into his eyes.  He gave a deep breath.  An asserting nod, and together he stepped twice to the side, then twice back, urging Emrys to step in time with him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

"Hey, what-!" He flinched slightly, not expecting to be touched, but quickly realized what Akash was doing. Grumbling but giving a grateful nod, he stumbled his way through the steps, grabbing the warrior's arm every now and then to keep his balance.

Lion

Akash gently instructed Emry's chin to keep his eyes up and he actually smiled.  It was a quick one, that showed no teeth, but Akash was accustomed to keeping his mouth closed regardless.  It wasn't like he always had much to say.

But direction in dancing was easy and once they were into it, the sun was fading faster and Shana set about the shells for the ritual as the moon was rising.  The festivities would go long into the night with music, drink, singing, dancing, and new acquaintances to be made.

There were different people here than from what Akash remembered last time, however, he could only hope Emrys learned to loosen up.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

As soon a he was able Emrys shuffled himself to the edge of the crowd, tying to make himself as small and unnoticeable as possible- which wasn't easy, considering he was quite distinctly a foreigner in a group of unmistakable Thanati.

Lion

Akash joined him on the edge of the celebrations once night fell and sat down with the poor pale Serenian.  He could tell he probably wasn't having as much fun as everyone else.  But whose fault was that.

He shrugged.  "You're not having a good time?" he asked in writing on his palm. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

He glowered at him. "I am naked and surrounded by dancing strangers. What do you think?"

Lion

"I think you're separating yourself from joy," he wrote.  His palm was a little slick from the oils but he managed to rub it out and write: "It's okay. It's your first time. My first time was the same. Thanati are not always naked."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Emrys huffed. "I just...don't like this sort of thing. Why is that so hard for you people to understand?"

Lion

"I understand. What would you rather do instead?" he wrote on his hand in response.  The letterings were smudged a bit from all the sweat and sand on his palm.  However Emrys would just have to make due.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

He squinted at his hand and took a few moments to figure out what was written. "What would I- I mean, I don't know!" He threw his hands up exasperatedly. "I was told to go out and...learn. How exactly I'm supposed to do that I have no clue."

He was more irritated with his teacher than anything else, but the frustration in his voice was evident.

Lion

Akash made a thinking hum of a noise, looking up into the moon.  After a moment he scribbled something else on his hand, "What happened today?  At this moment."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Emrys blinked at him. "What do you mean? You've been with me most of the day, you know what happened."

Lion

"In your mind, how did it make you feel?" Akash asked.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Lion

Akash pointed up to the sky, to the moon.  "You learned to dance to the moon spirit," he wrote.  After it was read he scribbled it and added.  "Even if a little sloppily."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

DragonSong

Emrys snorted. "Somehow, I doubt that's what my master had in mind."

Although...knowing Fang, he supposed it was entirely possible.