Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A New Dawn, A New Day <JackieCat>

Started by Blink, August 28, 2016, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

She stood by the docks, taking in a deep breath to savor the wonderful ocean smell. The sea breeze tickled her neck as it blew through her hair. Wrapped over her shoulder and sitting on her hip was her bag, with her cloak folded in half slung over it. Nashya was waiting for the weapons tradesmen to dock and display there sales for the week. She did not have much money, mostly acquired from taking odd jobs, but she had been saving just in case a new trinket or holster caught her eye. As the crew tied their ropes to the docks Nashya could not help but smile in excitement. A few others lingered along the docks, no doubt waiting for new items as well.

For a while now she had been searching for a thicker material to hold her daggers so that they may remain ready for combat, but without the lull of pain they cause just from being tucked in her belt. The iron daggers caused constant discomfort with only her thin tunic to separate them from her skin. However, the discomfort was an easy sacrifice for her to make. Once docked and the walkway made passengers from the ship flooded the docks. When the crowd cleared and a stand had been set up she rushed over to look at all the goodies they were offering.

Of course the table was adorned with crates of beautiful weapons and trinkets. Most would stare at them in awe, tempted to spend their life savings on just one ornate blade. The embedded gemstones and fancy metal work was not what caught Nashya's eye. It was all about practicality for her. And there sitting on the edge of the table was a worn pair of leather holsters... exactly what she had been looking for. As she paid the dues for the holsters the merchant gave her a confused look. No doubt wandering why a girl like her would spend her money on a pair of worn out things.

Making her way off the dock she had a bit of pep in her step as she immediately attached the holsters to her belt and rested her daggers in there new home. "Whew" she said when the slight bit of distance was added to the blades and her skin. She made her way to a tavern/inn that she had spent the last few nights at, after today's spending tonight would be her last before coming up with a new way to make some more coin. No doubt sleeping outside for a few nights was in her future. She pecked at a bit of fish before turning her attention to the happenings around her.

JackieCat

Ah, Cerenis.  Faelis had away loved the place, full of such diversity and adventure.

The elf was currently walking along the docks, his hands in his pockets, not going anywhere in particular, when his eyes fell upon a young woman standing in front of a stall.  It appeared as if she had just bought a pair of leather sheaths.

But she started away from the docks and Faelis 'accidentally' bumped into a man.  Apologizing profusely, Faelis brushed off the confused fellow before continuing on his way, chuckling at the newly acquired purse of coins that now hung from his own belt.

It was a few minutes later that the elf decided to get something to eat.  He made his way through the busy market and to an inn that he sometimes went to.  Upon entering he was surprised to see the young woman from the docks before.

He walked up to the table she was at and smiled at her.  "Is this seat open?" he asked. "If so, perhaps I could buy you a drink?"
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya finished her food in silence before pushing the remnants to the edge of the table for the innkeeper to pick up. She flung her last remaining coins beside the food as a tip. Her attention was then stolen by the man who approached her with a question.

"It most certainly is... of course!" she giggled after sending a warm smile his way. Nashya has always been a very trusting person and likes to give most the benefit of the doubt. She motioned to the seat next to her for the man to sit down. Of course she would allow someone to buy her a drink considering she was officially flat broke.

She took in his appearance, his ears catching her attention only briefly before her gaze met his beautifully colored eyes. She once again shot out a warm smile relieved at the thought of having a conversation with anyone other than herself.

JackieCat

Faelis smiled and nodded as she accepted his offer.

As he sat down the barmaid approached the table.  She took the young woman's plate and smiled at the two.  "Anything else I can get you?" she asked.

"I'll have an Copper Ale, and for the young lady. . ?" the elf glanced over at the woman across from him, waiting for her to tell the barmaid what she would like.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Blink

She blushed at the offer. "I'll have the same" she replied. Nashya was not much of a drinker, but one every once in a while couldn't hurt.

She tapped her fingers on the table while waiting for their drinks. In an attempt to spark conversation she opted for the usual formalities. " So what brings you to Cerenis?" she paused "That is of course if you don't mind me asking".

She continued to glance at his attire, slightly different, but she liked it. Much more attention drawing than her simple tunic.

JackieCat

"Nothing in particular," Faelis said, that charming smile still on his face.  "I'm simply a traveler.  And what interests does a pretty young lady like you find in this city?"

He was, obviously, in a very flirty mood.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

"Same, just happen to be hunkered down here for a bit" she replied "I have never left the country though, but love the thought of traveling farther than the borders of Serendipity." her eyes lit up in bewilderment thinking of all the places he could have gone, how much of the world had he seen?

She turned her head staring off while thinking of the invisible chains that tie her down to comfort and safety. "I think I will stay here for a while, its pretty calm. Unless I get wind of war, then I am out of here."she paused for a moment. The dark voice in her head whispering "But we love war".

Quickly she shook the thought from her mind and as quickly as the bewilderment left her eyes it returned. "It must be so nice, seeing all new places all the time! I envy you."

The bar maiden approached the table to deliver their drinks. She quickly took hers and took a tiny sip. "How rude of me to forget! My name is Nashya". She tilted her head with a smile as she introduced herself.

JackieCat

"It is quite interesting to see all the different places and cultures," Faelis said, taking his drink as well and taking a pull.

"Ah, Faelis," the elf said.  "It's a pleasure to meet you, Nashya."  He took another drink. "So, you're from Serendipity."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

"I guess you could say that" she responded. Nashya lifted the drink to her lips for another sip before letting her mind wander again. Of course she was from Serendipity. It was where she grew up, with her mother and father. Living here was a blessing and a curse. Yes it was a comfortable place for her, the culture, the people... it all felt like home. However, it was where she lost the few people she loved. When the sickness hit her tiny farming village it took almost everyone. She would never understand why the gods allowed her to live.

A small tear started to form in the corner of one of her eyes before she realized how off train she had let her thoughts become. She could hear the voice again "You enjoyed watching them suffer. Don't lie to yourself".

"Shoot" she mumbled while bringing her wrist up to wipe away the single tear. "I apologize... I think I got something in my eye". She pretended to wipe at it again "Got it" she smiled. She was beginning to annoy herself. Why could she not keep her emotions in check today? Taking another sip from her ale she met his gaze once more. "How long are you in Cerenis for?"

JackieCat

Faelis could see that she was thinking about something unpleasant, but he didn't say anything, it would be rude to ask when she seemed to not want to talk about it.  However, people often stayed silent about things even when they wanted to talk, but all the same Faelis decided that it was too early to pry.

"I don't know," he answered her question.  "It could be either two more days or two more weeks, it doesn't really matter.  You said you would possibly like to leave Serendipity sometimes, but not in the near future?"

My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

She paused at the thought.

" I can't say for sure. " she giggled. "Like I said its pretty calm here, I had planned on hanging out for a while. However... " she took a sip from her ale " .... at the end of the day no one can really say for sure what decisions they will make until they are made." she continued "How would I know if something made me want to leave tomorrow?".

She laughed at herself. " I may come off as someone who doesn't like to push their limits, but I would love nothing more than to be able to explore the unknown. " she smiled, covering the pain in her heart. Of course she would love to live a more exciting life. But exciting meant the chance of getting hurt or scared. Both of which she personally could live with, but the blackness that lives deep in her heart thirsted for these things.

This is why, after losing her mother and father, Nashya kept formalities simple and people at bay. She didn't form relationships and never jumped in to save the day even when every fiber of her being wanted to.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded.  "Yeah," he said, commenting on her remark on making decisions. "That's how I usually go about it, just see what happens and go with the flow."

He nodded again at her next statement, but then he tensed, his ears picking up something that no one else in the inn could hear as his gave shot towards the door. 

"There'll be trouble. . ." he muttered, and a second later four men entered into the inn.  There was an air about them that would make anyone suspicious of them, but they just glanced around the inn.  The place was mostly empty, and the leader's eyes fell upon Faelis and Nashya.

Faelis's hands gripped the edge of the table, and something inside of him started ticking as the four men approached.

They pulled up chairs and sat down.

"Now," the leader said to Faelis. "I've had a hard day, so if you and your lady friend would be so kind as to hand over whatever money you have?"

Faelis smiled at the man. "I don't think that is very nice of you," he said calmly.  "So why don't you just get the hell out?"

"I don't think so."

Faelis felt the knife at his side before he saw it, and he glanced down at the blade.  He chuckled, and when he looked up, he was smiling, and something had snapped in his eyes.

The blade at his side did nothing to stop the elf as his hand shot out, grabbing the other man;s wrist and twisting the knife away from him.  He was on his feet in an instant and a dagger had appeared in his hand, seemingly out of nowhere.  The blade slicked around, cutting across the man's wrist.  He cried out and fell back, clutching his bleeding wrist.

The three other men rushed at the elf, and the first man had a dagger in his leg before he even reached Faelis.

The few other patrons of the inn had by now rushed for the door or to hide behind the bar with the barmaid and the innkeeper.

Faelis ducked under one man's swipe and spun behind him, one of the elf's many daggers cutting through the man's boot and cutting deeply into his ankle, sending him falling to the ground.  The leader and the other standing man attacked again, and Faelis kicked out, hitting the leader in the face.  By the time he had fallen unconscious, Faelis hand already sliced his dagger across the last man's arm, and then he hit him over the head with the hilt of his dagger.

He spun around, still in the trance he had entered, and his eyes fell on the nearest person, Nashya.  He looked for a moment as if he were going to attack her, and took a lurching step forward, but then he stopped, and shook his head as if trying to clear a headache.

Then he blinked, and something fled from his eyes, and he fell to his knees.

(OOC: Sorry for the length!)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

Nashya's gaze followed Faelis's when it went to the door. She was taken by surprise when the men entered. She shot a glance at Faelis while her mind raced on what she should do.

When they sat at their table she knew this was not going to end well. She could feel it... deep within herself, the urges rising. When she once more glanced over at Faelis she was in shock. The familiar look in his eyes, it was all too much.

She stood in shock, arms quivering watching the fight ensue. The voice in her head screaming at her. "End it all right now! Show them all what you are really made of! Make them piss themselves in fear! " She pressed her palms to her ears as she crouched closing her eyes, silently battling herself.

Suddenly the commotion stopped. She looked up to see Faelis taking a step towards her. His eyes... oh his eyes, she could read them so well. That pain, that loss of control, the craving gaze for more carnage, all she had seen before in herself. She was frozen, surely to let him end it all if he chose.

As quickly as it all began, it ended. She watched as he fell to his knees and as the patrons all stood in silent shock. At that moment Nashya decided to do for Faelis what no one had ever done for her. She stood up taking in a deep breath "Well that was eventful!' she exclaimed. She turned to one of the inn workers and reassured them with a warm smile. Afterwards, she stepped over one of the men laying on the floor as she made her way to Faelis. She knelt before him and went to rest one of her hands on his shoulder, attempting to meet his gaze.

"Thank you" she whispered. In her whisper was a hint of understanding, pain, uncertainty and fear.

JackieCat

As Nashya knelt next to him, Faelis heard something in her voice that he had never heard before.  Understanding.  She understood.  How could she understand?

He shook his head and slowly got to his feet, glancing around the inn.  "The city guard will be here soon," he muttered.  "We should leave."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

She stood with him listening to his suggestion. "I agree" she stated as she walked over to pick up her bag and cloak. She couldn't help herself as she leaned down over one of the defeated men. She tilted her head slightly at him, strands of her hair falling off of her shoulder almost touching the mans face.

" I would just like you to know that you are very rude and I don't like you" she stuck her tongue out at him and then smiled. Of course it was a childish act, but Nashya refused to let anger get the best of her. If she had nothing to fear, a few choice words and actions would have been revealed. Giggling she stood straight tucking some of her hair behind her ear. She turned to Faelis "Ready when you are"

JackieCat

The man did his best to scowl at her, but then grimaced at the pain in his head got to him.

Faelis glanced around at the men and the people behind the bar before turning towards Nashya and nodding.  "Let's go."

He started for the door and stepped out onto the mostly empty street.  The market was still in full swing a block down, but Faelis looked away from it, he was not in the mood to be around a lot of people now.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

She followed Faelis onto the street. Once stepping outside Nashya flipped her cloak on, pulling up the hood.
"I have an idea of where we could go" she said as she began walking.
By now it was dark outside, she could hear the clamber of people in the marketplace a bit away. Nashya had been in Cerenis for a few weeks now and had a pretty good idea of the layout of the port.

She walked in silence as thoughts swarmed her mind. Her heart hurt for this man, knowing he must have a similar pain in his heart to hers. Thankfully the hood on her cloak was up or the tears silently streaming from her eyes would have been visible for all to see.

After a bit of walking they came to a spot on the beach that was tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the port city.
" This is by far the best find here" she spoke softly, her gaze focusing on the landscape, the tears she had previously cried dry on her cheeks. There was a black spot in the sand where a fire had previously been made, some of the firewood still remained. Nashya had slept on this very beach for a few nights before making enough coin to stay at the inn.

Inconspicuously she wiped her face with her cloak while pulling it off and letting it rest in the sand. The locks of her hair now softly swaying to the ocean breeze.

JackieCat

Faelis didn't say anything as they walked, and soon they came to a spot on the beach.  It was the same place that he often went to when he came to Cerenis, a secluded section of beach.

He looked over the water, and then glanced over at Nashya. "Sorry about that," he said softly, shrugging one shoulder. "It happens sometimes."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Blink

She listened to him as he spoke, her gaze locked onto the ocean. "Don't worry about it. I understand" she kind of half smiled. Her thoughts traveled back to when he looked at her before falling to his knees. "I am actually kind of glad you are the one who dealt with all of it. Better you than me".

She took in a deep breath of the ocean air before turning to him. A warm smile was spread across her cheeks by now. "By the way, your dagger skills are amazing!" she pulled one of her daggers from the holster and held it up. "Yours are so much more pretty than mine though."

JackieCat

Faelis was quite surprised that Nashya was taking this all like she was, but her remark 'better you than me', caught his attention, what would she have done?

But he shook his head when she drew one of her daggers. "It's not the looks that matter," he said, smiling a bit.  He looked back to her face. "Why are you taking this all so calmly?  You saw what happened to me, that was more than self-defense."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Tags: