Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

~*~DarknessAndLight....TwoSidesOfTheSameBlade~*~

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2006, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Though the horses didn't seem to show it, Noira was sure that they were tired from their journey. She unmounted, and thanked the white stallion, leading him to the castle's pastures.

If you wish, you could stay here. There is no need for you to stay if you do not want to, my lord. She told him.

Nonsense. Of course we shall stay. Thy call took us from no master to whom we would return. We rode free. We shall stay here with thee, he replied.

Yes. Thou hast shown us great kindness, and we shall do the same by remaining as thy steeds, Ksedryn replied, nuzzling her mate.

The crimson-haired noblewoman unmounted and looked expectantly at her new family.
  "Welcome to Adela Castle," she said, growing a little happier with each moment. It wasn't home, but it was where she lived now. She waited for the twins to unmount before showing them where she lived.

Anonymous

Adri smiled at the mare's speed. When they arrived she grinned with happiness maybe just maybe she could learn to like it here...to learn to trust the woman who gave them a home. Her eyes turned to find Noira who had just slid off Ahren...the woman...Noira was unusual and she wasn't sure about how she felt about her yet...but still there was a chance. She barely felt her brother's hands as he helped her down from Ksedryn's back...something more important had caught her attetnion. They would stay. She grinned at Ksedryn and her mate and then remembering her manners bowed low to them both. Thank you very much for your help Lady Ksedryn, Lord Ahren. she said kindly...

Lukas grinned and followed his sister's manner bowing low in the style of their homeland. One foot in front of the other and hands behind their back eyes cast down as a sign of respect....he noted that Adri had done the same and couldn't help but smile again...Adri usually showed no respect to anyone...yes she would bow but to keep your eyes off of the person showed that you trusted them. Yes thank you...it was an amzing ride and I am glad that you will stay...if you need anything just ask me....I will be happy to oblige.

Adri smiled at her brother straightening slightly. Yes if we can do anything just ask....
She then turned to Noira and seemingly feel into herself again....For Adri trusting a horse like the two before her was easy...they rarely betrayed you...but to trust another human....no matter how different they seemed was still new to her adn she wasn't sure she accepted that quite yet. So she remained silent.

Lukas grinned at Noira."This place is amazing I think I am really going to love it here."

Anonymous

The moment they stepped out of the sun and into the castle, Noira's old habits returned. Her back straightened as she walked, and she held her hands in front of her, at lower-stomach level. She seemed to float across the floor as they moved. She curtsied to those she met along the way, and walked up the stairs.

Left, right, down the hall, fourth door on right...finally. She stood in front of it, and opened it with a key.
   "Welcome to my chamber," she said softly. Her colour was added sparingly, so that the room would not be too dark. Her window looked out over the garden. A few flowers grew there, but not many due to the season.

Still, most of the garden must have been in this room. Roses curled around the canopy posts of the large and elaborate bed, and scented the air. Lit candles were everywhere. "To left is the privy. Please make yourselves comfortable. I must show your adoption papers to the king. Do you have any questions that need to be urgently answered, or are they all things that can wait?"

Anonymous

Adri and Lukas followed her silently watching her curtesy to other people ad the likes...as they reached the room both Lukas and Adri made small gasps of suprise and wonder."This is a very nice room." Lukas commented. Adri just nodded going back to her silent ways.

Lukas came in adn sat on the bed....Adri came slower and sat next to her brother.

As Noira told them she must leave adn if they had any question Lukas' eyes brighten. She quickly put her hand over his mouth and shook her head."She said serious and impotant Lukas....please stay quiet." She turned and looked at Noira."Do we need to come with you?" Her voice was neutral neither showing anger nor happiness....emontionless if you pleased.

Anonymous

Noira shook her head.

"You may stay here. I merely need to show them. All questions - both important and..." she paused, smiling, "...for curiosity's sake can be asked later. It shall not take me long." And with that said, she faded from view, leaving the children with free reign in their new, elegant surroundings.

Anonymous

Lukas watched her leave and pulled Adri's hand from his mouth."Whatcha do that for sister?"

Adri smiled slightly."Because she needed to leave and I know you too well." she tried to pull her hand away from Lukas but he wouldn't let go.

Lukas stared at her hand."Its freezing." he muttered quietly.

Adri pulled away standing up turning her back to him."I will be fine Lukas dont worry about me."

Lukas stood and hugged his sister."But my dear Adri it is my job to worry and you must know that....now lay down I will get a cloth and water." He pushed her to the bed and made her lay down Adri just sighed.

"Luk you dont have to do this."

Lukas disappeared for a moment then came back with a steaming things of water and a cloth."Yes I do Adri....remember the last time we let it go." He sat down next to her.

Adri sighed and nodded slowly. Of course she remembered the last time she had gotten sick it had nearly cost her her life. They had been travelling on a mountian and she had collapsed far away from any help. Lukas had nursed her until people from the Orhange had happened upon them.

Lukas smiled sadly at his sister and started to pat her forehead with a wet cloth. "So what do you wish to talk about I know you have a lot on your mind." he said after a while of silence. When he didn't get an answer he looked down then smiled. Adri had fallen asleep, he slowly putthe cloth and water down on a table and pulled the cover over her. He sat there leaning against the wall half on the bed half off watchuing his sister.
She seemed more peaceful when she was asleep. He pulled out his book from ealier and started to read again...

Anonymous

Noira returned and smiled slightly when she saw that Adrianna had fallen asleep. She stood at the window, and gazed out at the setting sun. It sent an orangey glowe over the garden, and she sighed. The many flowers in the room, reached in her direction to comfort her.

It is all right, she told them. She continued to stare out the window until the sun had disappeared from sight. Then, she turned to Lukas, who was reading.

"You had questions, yes?" she asked him softly.

Anonymous

He watched as Noira returned flashing her a small smile then returning to his book. Every once in a while he would glance at Adri to make sure she was fine. Besides a little unevenness in her breathing she seemed fine so he slowly relaxed.maybe this would be a weak attack he thought hopefully.

He looked up when Noira finally adressed her a small smile on his face. He put his book down and after lightly touching Adri's face he walked over to Noira. He leaned aginst the wall and stared outside for a moment. "Yes just pointless questions that I just want to know." He looked at her a small smile playing at his lips again."I love to gather as much information as I can about different people I meet." He paused his eyes studying her. "But just curious do you not have any question to ask us?"

Anonymous

"If we allow nature to take her course, all shall be answered," she replied. She sat down at her desk, which was facing the window. One of the lower drawers glowed deep violet with gold tints, but it was dim enough for her not to notice it.

She DID notice some of her flowers beginning to wilt, despite the fact that they were perfectly healthy.
"The flowers say that your sister is ill," she said, her crimson eyes floating over to the sleeping Adrianna before resting again on Lukas.

Anonymous

He grinned at her only slightly confused."Ummm is that a no then?...."
He paused for a moment then sighed his eyes going to the light on the desk drawer. He pulled his eyes away and then looked at Noira. "So what was it you did on the ground in front of Ahren?"

Anonymous

"An ancient ritual," she replied. "He is the descendant of a great king. Ahren means 'lord of horses.' In ancient days, horses each had their own domain. It was customary for all things to show reverence to their ruler. I was born under the crimson rose, and thus, that is my seal."

Her eyes followed his to the drawer, and if she was upset, she did not show it. In fact, she was the perfect picture of serenity. She opened it, revealing fourteen different coloured stones arranged in rows of two. She picked up the luminescent one, and the ghost of a frown appeared and then retreated across her face.

She replaced it, and waited to see if he had anything else to ask her.

Anonymous

His eyes brightened as she told him and he nodded slowly taking everything in. Lukas wasn't one of those people that needed a notebook to remember everything.....he did just find with just his mind...he would write it down later. He watched her take out the stones and was about to ask heranother thing when a slight mental touch made him look over at Adri. Her face had gone pale again. He sighed and stood glancing quickly at Noira before retreating to his sister's side.

He picked up the cloth again dipping it into the water that started to steam the moment he touched it. He placed on his sster's forehead and stared there mopping up the sweat that had appeared on it. He bent close to her for a moment then pulled back his face showing worry. He casted another glance at Noira and hid the worry behind a mask of indifference.
Finally after a few moments he came back over to Noira. He leaned back agianst the wall and remained slient for a moment. "So is your species rare ior common....I mean I haven't heard of it before and I thought I knew most different people around here."
He didn't mention his siter if Noira brought it up he would be happy to tell but other than that he wouldn't bother....

Anonymous

"No one has ever left the kingdom. My family is the first. All because of my sin," she sighed. She looked over at Adrianna, not bothering to hide her concern. She had noticed the flowers in the room had started to droop, but hadn't said anything.

"What ails her?" she asked softly. 'To know what causes suffering is half of the journey,' her teacher had told her long ago. Before her other element revealed itself. Before everything... Adrianna's skin was an unhealthy colour, and worry slowly crept into Noira's features. She was not a professional healer, but pallor in the skin was not a good sign - that much she knew.

Anonymous

Lukas sighed sadly although weather it was because what what she said or what kept his sister from wake even he could not tell. He looked over at his sister sadly for a moment hoping that this wouldn't be as bad as the other times.
"What ails her is nothing any healer can heal." he said slowly at first as if reading her mind. "My parents tried that before they were killed. The healers had no clue what it was or how it happened into my sister. After a while everything disappeared the sickness the nightmares...everything. My parents thought it gone...sadly they left before they knew the truth."He paused once again and tilted his head as if listening to something. His siter seemed to be getting slowly better....good looks like this one isn't going to go pass this level.

"On our travels we have talked with many people about it. Some believe it is part of a curse that was put on her....others that it is just a sickness they have yet to meet." he shrugged. "Personally I believe that it envolves her element. I believe that darkness no matter how good it is should not be contianed to one body....it makes the body weaker because darkness always has to be kept away from evil." he looked over at Noira. "Yes the two are different. So it is more work for the person to control....so she just has to wait it out until it goes domant then she should be fine." He sighed sadly staring at his sister wishing that he could switch spots with her. "I was the lucky one....light does not have that effect or it has not shown yet at least."

Anonymous

"I, too, have suffered from such an illness. It is the physical manifestation of the everlasting battle between darkness and a good heart." Noira put her hands on his shoulders. "I believe that what keeps it at bay is you, Lukas. It cannot feed upon a body filled with love and hope.

By this time, the sky was beginning to fade into midnight blue. Her hands fell from his person to intertwine with each other at her lap.
"You are not tired?" she questioned. "I do not wish to keep you awake." She could feel the drooping blossoms straightening slowly. That, at least, was a good sign.

Anonymous

He smiled slightly startling only a bit when she touched him. Then he blushed slowly at her words."Yes maybe it is. Thanks" he murmered half to himself.

He seemed to snap out of his trance and shook his head slowly. "Not really I don't tire easily. I am really wide awake in fact." he looked closely at her. "Are you not tried?"

Anonymous

"I do not sleep," Noira said with a calm smile.  "My body does not need it, therefore there is no point in suffering through night terrors for nothing."

Now, the sky appeared black and was studded in diamonds. The moon tonight was a waning crescent. In a few days, there would be a new moon. She rose without a sound, and walked around the room in a steady circle.

She pointed to each corner of the ceiling, and a mark appeared, and then faded.  She then stood still as a stone in the center of the room for a few moments. Then, she walked over to the window and made a mark in the air.

"Do not use any sort of magic in this room until I return," she instructed. She opened the drawer and took out the now dimly lit stone from earlier, putting it into a hidden compartment in her cloak. "It is a protection spell. It is effective because it is sensitive," she explained. "Should you need me, I shall be in the garden. You can see it from that window." She nodded to it.

"However, please do not touch it," she warned gently.

She walked to the door, and the moment the source of the spell stepped through the doorframe, one could see the intracate web of magic in the room for but a moment. She closed the door softly behind her.

Anonymous

He nodded as she told him everything. "Okay thank you. Peaceful night." he said quietly. When she left he went back over to his sister's side.
He pulled a few papers from his bag and sat down on the bed leaning against the wall. He watched his sister for a few moments wondering about what Noira had said. Was it true.....could it be?...that he was all that was keeping Adri from faling...a sudden weight seemed to be placed on his shoulders and he sighed placing his head in one hand.

He felt a hand touch his head lightly and looked up. Adri's eyes were open and she was watching him. "What's wrong brother?" she asked still half asleep.

He smiled sadly at her...Adri seemed so weak now but he knew she would be a different person tomarrow. "Nothing go back to sleep.....I was just worried about you."

She smiled weakly a hand intertwining with his. "You know you mustn't worry this is normal."

He grinned."Adri my dear sister nothing about us is normal....we broke the molds when we were made. Now sleep."

He needn't tell her twice she was already slipping back into sleep. Although she found strength to wishper one last thing....and when he heard it he smiled contently. "She is right you know...you are the only thing keeping me here....you are doing wonderful."

He leaned back again and started to write down notes and short paragraphs......Slowly his head dropped forward and he fell into a light slumber. The papaers fell from his hands to flutter to the floor.... One hand slid to his sister's side as if with touch only he could protect her.

Anonymous

Noira pulled her hood over her head as she melded with the shadows. She could not be interrupted. She cautiously stepped out into the night, and found a place where moonlight was plentiful. She pulled out the stone, and set it on the ground, drawing a simple circle around it. She had not used the Dark Arts in a while. However, she needed to make sure that the children were safe.

The moonlight touched the stone, and the circle became a compass rose. The glowing red petal pointed south.

"Danu, earth goddess, your daughter requests that you aid her in her search. I seek the one to which this stone is tied," she whispered in the ancient tongue. Her mouth opened, but spoken words could not be heard. She used the language of the earth, the most ancient of all. She touched the circle with the tips of her fingers, and closed her eyes for better concentration.

She was cloaked in invisibility so only mages could see. And even that had potential danger. She felt the earth magic stretch out like roots, racing beneath the ground. She felt  something. She opened her spirit eyes, and the circle showed her a road with many travelers.

Bye-bye, Angelgirl.. a voice whispered in her mind. Her physical eyes snapped open.     She cleared her circle, and put the stone back in her cloak. This was not good. She teleported back to the door of the room, and touched the air in front of the door.

Her aura was accepted and the door made a soft click.

Anonymous

She saw that now, both of the twins had fallen asleep. Without making a sound, she replaced the stone in its proper place, and pulled out what seemed to be a transparent, rectangular sheet of glass.

"Infinity." Her voice was soft, because she did not wish to wake the children, so she made sure that the volume of the thing was low. It glowed for a moment, then projected the image of the silver-haired young woman.
   "It's late. Wait a sec, hold on. Where are you?"
   "In  a different dimension than you, I assume."
   "Psh. A certain fire mage we all know royally screwed us over by landing us in this weird place. I don't even know where 'here' is!"

The aforementioned fire mage appeared, and she yawned.
   "Some town called Ketra, I think." Noira blinked.
   "We are in the same place, then. I am in Adela Castle not far from you. Still, that is not the point. I believe that I found my sister, Khja." There was silence on the screen.

"I caught only a fragment of thought, but it said this: 'Bye-bye, Angelgirl.'"
   "Kat," both the mage and Infinity said together.
   "She must be here, as well. There is no doubt she already knows of my presence, and yours if she is already moving towards Kyrithn. She should reach her by sometime in the afternoon."
    "You want me to wake up in the morning. I don't do the whole waking up with the rooster thing."

"I have two children to look after now, one of whom is not well. It could take time before I arrived, if I arrived at all," Noira replied. Infinity groaned.
   "Fine. Mae and I will track her down for you."
    "Thank you. Please forgive me for disturbing you."
   "Don't worry. Ty's just pissed that her king isn't here to sex her up," Mae grinned.

"Bye." Noira smirked slightly as she turned off the screen. She could still hear echoes of the bickering that had undoubtedly started between the two best friends. Still, the fact that her sister was here unsettled her.

The noblewoman then resigned herself to walk in her Hall of Memories, in a state between dreaming and being awake. She closed her eyes, for staring blankly with her eyes opened had often upset people more than a little in the past.