Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

* War's A-brewin'!

There is a civil war brewing in Connlaoth! Check out its info page here and its plotting page here!
The SotE video game is accepting crafting item submissions right here!

Also, we have a Discord chat server! Check it out. 8D

Author Topic: Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]  (Read 3116 times)

Offline DragonSong

Re: Dealing with Dragons (Glob!) [M]
« Reply #620 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:51 AM »
"See, those are some rather vague steps," Elora noted teasingly. "If you wanna court a girl you're going to have to put a bit more effort into it."

She went abruptly quiet as she realized what she'd said. Merradin certainly wasn't courting her... Was he? Regardless, the phrasing had her flushing a bit and snapping her eyes away from him as they walked.

She did take the hand he offered though.

Offline Dauphin DaGlobster

« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2017, 09:40:38 AM »
At her slip, Merradin just smirked a bit wider to himself.

"You know, I could've sworn I told you this already..." he murmured as he started to lead her away. Abruptly, he stopped, and turned back around.

"Oh, the saddle!"

He let go of her hand and raised his own towards the saddle. He murmured something to himself in draconic, and nothing happened.

"Drat."

He murmured again, but slightly different this time, and the saddle gently faded away, seemingly disappearing.

He whipped back around and gently took Elora's hand.

"There we go. My illusion magic's a tad rusty, been a while since I had to hide something so big."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #622 on: December 29, 2017, 11:16:39 AM »
"Huh." She cocked her head to the side, starting just a bit when his hand found hers again. "So...lightning stuff, shapeshifting, illusions...anythin g you can't do?" Her lips quirked up on one side as she tipped her head back to smirk at him.

« Reply #623 on: December 29, 2017, 11:36:55 AM »
"There's a lot of things I don't know how to do," Merradin said, shooting Elora a fond look to match the look she gave him.

"Many dragons spend their lives amassing knowledge or skills. I just spent it partying with humans," Merradin mused. he tilted his head at Elora and winked at her, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"I'm a bit of an expert in the field."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #624 on: December 29, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »
"Oh?" Elora's smirk widened. "Well then, I suppose you have me at a disadvantage. I'm by no means inexperienced in that particular field, but I don't know if I'm an expert," she chuckled.

« Reply #625 on: December 29, 2017, 11:55:22 AM »
"Don't worry, I'm sure we can do some mutual learning."

As he spoke, they made it through the tree and were on the road. The town was just a short walk away, the low wooden walls clearly visible from where they were standing.

They weren't going to Ketra, but rather one of the smaller towns near it.

"It's been so long since I've been here. I usually just go to Ketra, but... It's nice to indulge in nostalgia every once in a while."

He looked back to Elora.

"This town was just a couple of buildings when I was born."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #626 on: December 29, 2017, 12:01:03 PM »
The knight looked up at his face again, a considering sort of brow creasing her brow. "Which was over a thousand years ago," she murmured almost absently. She shook her head with a disbelieving little laugh, though the humor didn't quite reach her eyes.

"I'm surprised this town was anything when you were born, Grandpa." The soft melancholy that had seemed for a moment to be threatening to take over her expression vanished into a teasing grin and she bumped his shoulder with her own.

« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
"Grandpa," Merradin huffed, a small chuckle forcing his mouth into a smile. He offered her his arm as they stepped down the worn road.

"The buildings were different, of course. Dirt walls and thatch roofs, the whole deal. Adela wasn't even a dream in a tribesman's mind then..." He trailed off.

He was quiet a few moments, and then he smiled to himself, struck with nostalgia.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2018, 11:54:59 AM »
"Oi." Elora leaned into his side slightly, giving him a lopsided smile. "You're drifting off there. Y'know, for a guy who seems to think Grandpa is a ridiculous moniker, you sure are acting like one," she teased with a little smirk.

« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
"It's a lot of memories to go through," he rebutted. When she leaned into his side he looked down at her, subtly pleased by her show of intimacy. While she spoke, he listened attentively. As he considered his response, his eyes went to her lips for the briefest moment.

"It's startling how much the world can change in a few thousand years. And yet the humans stay the same," he said, adding the latter sentence in as a comment, and he smiled as if to indicate that was a good thing.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2018, 09:56:29 AM »
She laughed quietly and quirked an eyebrow at him. "I suppose I'll take that as a compliment." She adjusted her grip on his arm slightly so she could walk more comfortably beside him.

She didn't miss the way his eyes lingered, and found herself dropping her eyes with a soft blush. "Hey, stop that. We're in public, y'know, it's impolite to stare like that," she teased gently.

« Reply #631 on: March 22, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »
"Pardon me," Merradin teased back.

They were at the gates now, which were already open. A merchant was arguing with a guard outside the gate. Merradin spared them a glance before he kept going.

They were in the town now. It was late in the afternoon, so there wasn't all that much activity on the street. Many establishments were either closing or already shut tight, while the local watering holes were just now starting to come alive.

"I never tire of seeing the city, you know. It's fascinating how humans live so close together."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #632 on: March 22, 2018, 11:44:28 AM »
"Not exactly what dragons are used to, huh?" Elora looked around as they entered the town.

Her fight or flight instinct rose to hum just under the surface of her skin. So many people, so few places to run, to escape...

She pressed closer to Merradin's side unconsciously. "So, um- ahem. Where's your favorite spot here then?"

Tags: