Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dragon Meetup (Reserved)

Started by MarcellusD, November 13, 2016, 03:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcellusD

Rasmun peeled at the bark of the fallen tree behind him, squeezing a piece in his hand. "Oh, trust me, I would if I could," he reassured the dragon. "Well, technically I can, but my parents don't want me to, and I can't really upset the folks. 'Cause, you know, I love them, and as cheesy as this sounds, I don't want to upset them. Who knows how they would feel if they let me go now, and I got killed or something the next day."

He threw the crushed bark behind him. "Why am I rambling to you anyway? I don't even know if dragons can even relate to what I'm feeling, and yet I'm talking to you like you're my counselor. Please, don't let me bore you."

DragonSong

Azalea jerked her head back and gave an offended little snort. The air around them cooled a few degrees. "Do you think dragons don't have emotions?" she asked, tone chilly. "I simply meant you should live your own life, not your parents'."

She stood, shaking her wings out a bit. "If you want to be a dragonrider, lad, you should learn how to talk to them. Most of us are smarted than you two-leggers, even the ones that don't speak."

MarcellusD

Rasmun's head lifted slowly, and he eyed the dragon. "Is that so? I didn't mean to offend you, if that's what you're feeling, but I can see how you would interpret it in that way."

He stood up, and, suddenly aware of the tree melting behind him, relaxed his tensed muscles. He knew that he didn't have a good reason for what he was doing, and yet still slowly pushed the fallen tree away from him with a foot. And yet, he still slightly heated up his hands. And yet, he still found the need to provoke the beast.

"I'll have you know, I've grown up as a dragon for a large portion of my life. Combined with the knowledge of a dragon and a human, I'd say I'm pretty smart." He crossed his arms smugly.

DragonSong

Azalea laughed. "Boy," she rumbled, "do not goad me. It won't work, and it won't end as you wish."

MarcellusD

Rasmun grinned and snorted. "Okay, dragon. Whatever you say. But I am interested to see what kind of abilities you possess. Although I did study dragons in school, I didn't really learn how they work."

He reached into his sleeve and rubbed the goosebumps on his arm. "I assume you work with the cold, yes? Ice? Or just some kind of temperature magic, or something like that? Maybe the wind?

DragonSong

She tossed her head. "Ice. An uncommon trait among my kind, but just think of it like...like where most dragons have heat, I have cold."

MarcellusD

Rasmun nodded, genuinely interested. Despite his studies, he somehow didn't know that fact.

He let out a sigh and looked at the ground. "Look, I know that this is kind of weird to ask of all of a sudden," he stated, "but do you think we could go for a sparring match? It'd be interesting to see how real dragons battle. Plus, it would be good practice."

DragonSong

Azalea blinked at him. "Ah...sure, I suppose... I really have to be getting back now, but if you'd like to meet again..." She shrugged.

MarcellusD

Rasmun nodded. "Sounds good. One problem, though: where will I know when and how to find you?"

DragonSong

She chuckled again. "Come to the training barracks in Ketra. I'm never far- if I'm not there, just ask someone where to find me."

MarcellusD

Rasmun's black wings appeared on his back and he flew into the sky. "Alright! I'll see you then.... Um. What exactly is your name? I can't keep calling you dragon."

DragonSong

"Azalea." She flared her wings and arched her back. "What's yours?"

MarcellusD

"Rasmun," the Hybrid replied. He formed a fireball in his hand. "I should get going. My parents are gonna wanna know how my meditation went." Without another word, he sped off, quickly flapping his wings and using fire to propel himself.

DragonSong

Azalea chuckled to herself again and shoot her head before launching herself into the air and banking back toward Ketra.