Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Noble(?) Beasts [Draconian!] [M]

Started by Medievarad, November 13, 2016, 12:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Acacius nodded slowly in response, putting the bowl down. "It's right here if you change your mind," he offered with a gentle smile. "And, the same for water," he said as he placed his waterskin down next to it. Acacius watched the developments with a frown, but he made no move to stop her. "Don't push yourself too much, Luna. You don't need to prove anything," he only stated.

He could only let out a hearty and warm laughter at her sudden remark. "And what makes you think I am unwed?" He asked, still chuckling softly. Then, a hint of melancholy crept into his voice. "No. Not anymore, I guess."

Draconian

Luna's eyes flicked to him at his chuckle, confused.

What?

Unwed. Right. Right. Dad comment. A flush tinted her cheeks and she swallowed carefully, looking away after a moment, a little surprised and ashamed at herself for not keeping her mouth shut. Luna didn't move much. Now that she was upright, she knew it had been a bad idea and she should lay back down. Unfortunately though, that would require too much movement and she was still hurting.

"I didn't... I... I'm just saying words. I wouldn't marry you," Luna winced, "I mean, Papa's probably gonna sell me for a plot of land to some gross old guy who wants a little wife to give him weird looking babies." Again, a wince, it was in her head and out of her mouth before she could really think about it, "I didn't mean to make you sad. You're very kind and making you sad or uncomfortable is one of the last things I want to do." Lune cleared her throat, instantly followed by a groan of pain, hand moving like it could keep the pain away on her chest.

It couldn't, of course.

"Um... May I ask why? You're unwed. Or... Not anymore, I guess."

Medievarad

Acacius blinked and glanced looked up to her. Seeming like he missed her comment about the weird looking children. Or at least, deciding not to react to it. In truth, he had no idea how he could. But regardless, when she asked, he took a deep breath.

"I had a wife. Two children even," he started, before bringing his hand up, snapping his fingers. "And like that, they were reduced to ashes. By a dragon." He exhaled softly. "That's why I became a dragonslayer in the first place. To exact revenge." He pushed himself up with a soft grunt, armour clunking softly. "But now? I'm growing tired.. Weary." Acacius slowly went to pack his things, gathering some items and flasks laying around, stuffing them all in a backpack, along with the medical supplies.

Draconian

That was probably the scariest finger snap she'd ever experience and Luna physically jumped, giving a pained moan (though quiet as she could) and looked at him and was just... Sad. Luna swallowed carefully, staring at him, opening her mouth to talk.

"I'm a dragon rider," She gasped out, looking down at her chest, "My only friend is a dragon. He wasn't assigned to come up here with the wild ones, so he's back in Ketra." Luna winced, moving a hand to her chest to ride out the strange throb of pain and she looked to Acacius before she painstakingly shuffled over to him on her knees, her long white hair bouncing against her breasts and hip. Wearily she grabbed the strangers hand and brought it to her face so she could press her forehead to his knuckles.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I talk and then I ruin everything and please don't kill me for being friends with a dragon. They're not all bad. Some are wonderful beings. Some are terrible beasts but..." Luna lifted her head away and looked at him, tilting her head but ever so slowly, her eyes started to close and her eyes rolled up into the back of her head and she fell back in a dead faint.

Medievarad

Acacius shook his head, raising his hand to instead of his knuckle, press a soft hand against her forehead, his other resting on her shoulder to keep her up straight. "Don't worry, you couldn't know," he answered.

When she crumpled down, Acacius caught her and gently lowered her to the ground, taking a deep breath and putting her back on the bedroll again. Well, they could leave when she was back conscious again. And speak as well. He hoped Luna would now realize that she was weaker than she thought still.

Draconian

If Luna was anything she was stubborn.

It wasnt long that she slept, flushed, a fever growing. Luna gasped softly as she woke, looking around confused. Right. Hurt. With a stranger. A weary glance to Acacius and she swallowed thickly. This sucked.

Luna took in a shaky breath and pressed her hand to her face - moving very carefully - while tears welled in her eyes. "I'm sorry," she whispered, trying to smile. Keep up moral. "I... I'm... A little out of my element." A huff and she gave Acacius a watery smile, "thank you. Im going to owe you a great debt."

Medievarad

Acacius glanced towards her with an arched eyebrow, before smiling softly and shaking his head. He chuckled softly and got to his feet, dusting off his legs as he stood, before stretching. "You're going to owe me nothing," he answered easily. "And I don't blame you, that's a pretty bad wound."

He made his way over, kneeling down next to her. "And we'll move out when you feel up to it, alright?"

Draconian

Luna sighed and let her head drop down.

"I dont understand why you're being so helpful," she admitted in a soft tired voice. Taking a moment to reach out a hand and placing it in his arm, giving it a weak squeeze. "I do owe you. I repay my debts." Or she will now that she's had one.

"Anything. A place to stay. Payment," Luna let her head drop down, "I would have bled to death outside if it werent for you. I owe you my life."

Medievarad

Acacius nodded softly. "I just help those in need," he answered with a soft shrug, before resting his hand on hers. "Fine, when we get you home, or at least healed, I'll need somewhere to stay," he said with a soft chuckle. "For a short time, until I get a new assignment."

Draconian

Luna slowly turned her hand around so their palms touched. It felt nice, to touch someone and she gave his hand a stroke with her thumb, impulsive and unable to stop herself. Sighing, Luna chewed on her hip and held Acacius's hand tightly. "That's hardly anything but... Of course. I'd be happy to help."

A moment of confusion, "what do you mean assignment? What is it that you do besides hunt dragons."

Medievarad

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "I don't hunt dragons without assignment," he explained. "I only hunt down the ones that cause problems.. Or will cause problems." He shook his head softly. "Besides pain, how're you feeling?" Acacius inquired. "Dizzy? Feverish?"

Draconian

Luna closed her eyes.

"Besides pain? Lonely. Useless. Like I should have at least had sex once before I die." Luna blushed, realizing what she'd said. It seemed the pain from her gash didnt leave room for surface thoughts and everything just poured from her mouth.

"I feel warm and like we're on a boat," she finally answered his question, "I regret my earlier choice to move. That was stupid," she admitted, though she was already flushed from fever, "I... Can get up and fight through it thoigh."

Medievarad

Acacius frowned softly, before coughing. "I guess you're still a bit delirious," he said with a soft, yet awkward chuckle.

He looked down at Luna, rubbing the back of his neck. "You shouldn't move if it hurts too much," he answered with a faint smile. "Don't push yourself too hard."

Draconian

"But i'm a burden," Luna whimpered, trying to move again but stopping when she liftrd her arm up. "I hate..." Luna lowered her head, eyes closed. A sigh. "I dont do well as a patient," she admitted, "dont know any magic then, to get me on ny feet?"

Medievarad

"You are," Acacius answered with a soft chuckle. "But, I don't mind. You need to heal." He shook his head, leaning over to rest his cool palm on her forehead. "I don't," he answered with a soft sigh. "Sorry. And you're still having a fever," Acacius murmured softly.

Draconian

" Oh..." The confirmation that she was, indeed, a burden made her gut clench and Luna looked away, feeling... Awful. Still, she sighed and turned her head to his hand, enjoying the coolness. Luna sighed, eyes closed. "That feels nice," she murmured, "Thank you. "

Still , at least despite being a burden to him, he was kind to her and Luna reached a hand over and put it on his leg in thanks. Since that was all she could reach.

Medievarad

"Thank me when you can stand on your own without too much pain," Acacius answered with a soft chuckle, keeping his hand on her forehead.

He glanced down at the hand, shaking his head softly. He leaned back slightly to get a bit more comfortable. Then he waited. For her to fall asleep once again. The gods knew she needed her rest.

Draconian

"Right," Luna sighed, moving her head to keep the cool hand on her forehead. Her eyes closed tight and she shivered, a heavy sigh and exauhstion caught her quickly. Once sleep had claimed her again, Luna's hand fell to the ground and her breathing was deep and even.

Medievarad

Acacius heard the deep andbreath steady breathing, a glance at her chest slowly rising and falling affirmed his thoughts. She'd be fine. With such rythmic and deep breathing, she might rest up properly now.

But, then again. Here he was. Waiting.

Well, he hadn't slept much either in the past days. So, he shuffled around that hus beck rested against the side of theher cave, hand still on Luna's head. And he closed his eyes. Even if it was just to rest those.

Draconian

The hand helped.

Luna turned her face towards the cool hand and didnt dream. Slept deeply and she didnt know how long for. Of course, eventually, her eyes snapped open and she gave a startled gasp of surprise. Luna was tense, looking around before.

Right.

Acacius.

"Are you awake?" She whispered, voice soft. Luna swallowed carefully, mouth dry. She was ready to go now. Well, not really... But she was goinf crazy, stuck on her back. Weak. Useless. "Acacius?"

Tags: