Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dazed, reeling, about to break. (open) (Kelpie)

Started by Gawfy, November 19, 2016, 05:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawfy

Gawfy wandered into Essyrn with one less arm than he came in with and a whole lot less blood. It was night time and almost no one was on the streets. The bleeding from his now left stump had stopped and the pain was settling in. Every fiber of his being ached and Moaned in pain. After wandering the streets he took a seat on the road holding his open wound. He Opened his Right eye to look over but saw nothing. His right eye was Bad now as well. Gawfy perked up as he heard footsteps coming towards him.

Kelpie

It had been a long day. The smell of evening was beginning to release, dampening down the dry dusty air, if only for a few hours. Stepping out of the door and cracking her knuckles, Kipperley sighed deeply. Even after a year, the wearing hours of a healer were yet to become second to breathing to her. Unlike her tutor, Branwyn, who had been in the role for longer than the girl had been alive. The old man was a task master, that was for sure, Kip reflected with a rueful smile and rubbing the base of her neck with weary fingers, but a good man and masterful teacher. She knew, when she was under his watchful eye, that not much could go wrong.

The girl turned for home, hitching the little pack of supplies she toted to and fro a little higher on her shoulder and began to steel herself for the cold front formerly known as "Mother." Leila made no secret that she detested her daughter's desire to pursue something other than homemaking. Kipperley's brothers and father avoided becoming involved in any discussion, which left Kip in a very quiet house. Well, quiet aside from the constant string of stinging remarks from her Mother. One day I'll know enough to get out of here, the girl mused as she meandered home in the fading light. I'll know enough to become great. The number of lives I'll save...

A stone caught underfoot, and the girl scuffled a little, trying to regain her balance. Her feet though, betrayed her and all of a sudden she was flying through the air, arms flailing out in front of her. "Oh help!!" she yelped to no one, closing her big brown eyes as she slid across the ground, palms losing skin as she attempted to save herself. With a grunt she came to a stop and opened her eyes. "Oh ouch. Ouch that stings!" she muttered to herself, cheeks red with shame even though the street had been all but empty.

All but empty but for the boots staring her in the face. Boots that were connected to legs. And a torso. And arms and a head. "Oh! I'm sorry!" Kipperley fluffed, jumping to her feet in the assumption that she'd knocked the man before her over. Even though she'd not felt any contact. "Let me help you up. Again, I am so sorry! My feet get underneath me sometimes," she blathered on, "I mean, of course my feet are underneath me, that's just a silly thing to say but oh --!" The girl stopped all of a sudden, seeming to take in the figure in finally.

"Oh! You're hurt." Those big brown eyes popped even wider as in one sweeping look she appraised the injuries she could see. She felt her stomach heave as she spied the clearly freshly amputated arm "Your arm is gone!?  How are you not dead!!?"

Gawfy

Gawfy tensed up as he felt some woman trip over his leg as she approached him from his now blind side. she came into view of his left eye. Could not staunch the flow. He said as he Looked over to his missing arm.His breathing got raspier as he talked. He looked the girl up and down with his bloodied eye. He took his hand off of his bloodied nub and attempted to grab his satchel lying next to him but fumbled it with his shaking hands and fingers. gold spilling out of it. He attempted to speak but was hit with a barrage of pain and could only grunt as old blood spilled from the cracks of his teeth.

Kelpie

Could not... could not Staunch the flow..? Kipperley stared at the man in disbelief. If he couldn't staunch the flow, he should have bled out by now. She may have only a year of training under her, but she knew this as a fact. The man should have been dead, especially if the wound had been left to bleed without attention. Gathering her wits, Kip crouched beside the man, who was clearly in a huge amount of pain.

The rasping of his breath could well indicate broken ribs too, she decided. As he reached for his bag, she jumped to stop him with a "don't move!" but too late. The glint of gold caught her eye, and she raised a brow in his direction. Curiosity gnawed at her. It wasn't often that that much gold was carried around in person. Never mind that, she told herself, inhaling sharply as the sight of the wounds before her captured her attention again, you have work to do!

"Well then, you've lost a huge amount of blood. I am completely surprised that you are even alive. You should have bled out hours ago." She frowned, pulling her supplies bag off her shoulder and opening it.  "You've probably got broken ribs by the sound of your breathing, " she added, rummaging in the bag and pulling out a roll of gauzy material. "I'm just going to wrap that stump, need to keep it clean until I can look at it properly." Kip took pause, and the bold manner in her speech changed cautiously. "I mean, is that ok? I have some training..."

Gawfy

Gawfy let the woman go to work. Figuring she was a nurse he breathed a sigh of relief. Ribs are broken.  He said as he took two large breaths before speaking again. Arms broken as well, Left leg shattered. He raised his good arm and touched his right side of his face. Fingers stolling over his right eye time and time again. "thats right" he thought as he touched his face. After he was struck in the face with that bolt of lightning as he escaped. He was unsure if he still even had the eye. He started to panic and grabbed the girl by her arm as she was bandaging what was left of his arm. Do i still have my eye?! He said as he gritted his teeth. But the calmed down and relaxed his entire body smiling to himself. And now the true test... hold fast, or expire?

Kelpie

Kipperley felt her jaw go slack and her arm went still as the man rattled off his list of known injuries. There was no point in even trying to disguise her shock. When he grabbed at her, she made no protest, her arm flopping in her shock, but neither did she answer straight away.

"How on earth did you make it here!?" Her voice couldn't have been squeakier if she tried. She was completely and utterly incredulous. "You're telling me that you made it here, with no one noticing you, with a missing arm, broken arm, shattered leg AND with an eye nearly gouged out!!?" She went pale and swallowed back a heap of bile that rose in her throat. Struggling to compose herself, she had to close her eyes. This was big. Very very big. She was too far from the clinic to go and get help, and too far from home to take the man there. She didn't even know if he would make it. She swayed slightly, and flopped onto her backside as waves of dizziness crashed over her.

Deep breaths now Kipperley Maybeth. Don't you dare pass out. She tilted her head between her knees, and held up a palm as if to say 'give me a minute.'

"When did this all happen?" She said in a slightly shaky breath once she'd composed herself, turning her eyes to take in the man's marred visage. "How long have you been sitting here for? Where did this happen!? And what on earth are we going to do with you now?"

Gawfy

Ill tell you every thing if i dont die within the next hour or so. He said as he stopped to take more breaths. His words coming out slower and more slurred. I, I walked here. and ive been here for about ten minutes. He said as he looked at his leg.  He then pointed to his sword laying slighty ajar to him. I used that as a crutch. he turned his head to meet her gaze. Almost gouged you said, So its still there? He said as he dropped his head down and gritted his teeth. I know what im going to do He said as he Started moving. Slowing he stood himself up against the wall throwing his arm against the wall to support his balance. His right  arm made a Deep cracking noise as he did so. When he was fully standing he bent  put his left leg down and started Putting weight on it, as he did it also Cracked but this time it was more violent and wet. However he could not make it walk anymore as it went limp again. He was now kneeling on his right leg breathing heavily to help deal with the pain. Can...You help me up?

Kelpie

She must be in shock, Kip decided as did nothing but stare mouth wide open as the fellow got himself to standing. "D-d-don't do that!" she stammered, softly, until he started to put weight on his leg. "Don't DO that!" She scrambled forward as he dropped to his knee and threw herself under his arm. "Mister, I don't know what kind of god you think you are, but you can't go ANYWHERE in this kind of condition. You are amazingly lucky to still be alive and I can tell you right now, trainee healer or no, you WILL die of you start trying to walk around like some hero!" Her little chest heaved as she finished her little explosion, a great frown on her face and a flush of passionate anger in her cheeks.

"What we need is to get you comfortable. I can bind the wound, push your eye back in," she gulped, knowing full well she'd never taken on a task that gruesome on her own to date, "and then I need to go get the Master Healer - I c-can't take care of you alone, I don't think." She paused, and looked him dead in the eye "although he's going to have to log this with the authorities..."

Gawfy

not a problem. He said as knelt down again with the woman holding him up.  He then picked up his..you could call it a sword the same way you could call a changeling a human or elf. He more or less dragged it behind him as she helped him walk. I can leave the    gold and other things behind He said as he motioned towards the back behind them. But i cant leave this. he knew she would probably say something so he tried to get it out of the way. Its somthing i cant replace. The sword was also covered in blood looking much like his own

Kelpie

Kip could feel her blood rising as the man made moves to walk. So he think's he's bloody impervious to death, huh! Well.... not like I can show him he's not, now. I guess. Huh. That sword is huge! She didn't know if her eyes could get any bigger. The man was a marvel. One freshly missing arm, the other broken, a broken leg, for certain cracked if not broken ribs and who knows what other internal injuries and one very badly damaged eye - and he was still walking.

The girl turned them slightly back in the direction of the infirmary. Branwyn lived in a small set of rooms attached to the centre and she had already decided that while she'd like to prove herself capable of all things, these wounds were far beyond her experience. She'd be a fool to try and take them on.

"It'll get taken though," she muttered, looking back to the gold they were leaving behind. It was more gold than she'd seen in a lifetime, and more than she'd ever likely see again. It made her feel a little giddy sick.

"I understand," she said in regards to his remarks about the sword. It appeared well used, another note that made her stomach heave more than a nurse should care to admit. "Are you ok to carry it with that broken arm? That must be exceptionally painful." Her tone was a little patronising, and she tried to redirect her frustration at not being able to make the fellow sit down. "I'm Kipperley, by the way. I'm taking you to see Branwyn, the Master Healer in these parts. Who should I tell him I've brought?"

Gawfy

He wasn't so much as carrying it as dragging it along, Pommel of the sword hooked by Two of his  fingers. He cracked a smile when she mentioned his sword being taken. Cant take it if they cant lift it. He said as he walked with her. Gawfy, Names gawfy.... nice to meet you kipperly. he said as he dragged his leg along with him. Think he can save my eye?