Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Koppeling (OPEN)

Started by Sheshia, January 16, 2017, 01:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheshia

It's been four years sine Lilark had chosen Varduk to be her rider. The now caracal sized Pluizig was growing fast and was now able to walk or jump up the large boulders to help Varduk up. Her wings still had a lot of growing to do and so does her feathery mane and tail which were mostly covered in soft downy feathers. Varduk was so happy that the young Pluizig was able to make it so long without a problem.
      The wind was slowly picking up while the climbed the mountain and the weather slowly grow chillier and the air grew thinner. Varduk looked at Liliark and she looked exhausted and cold. "You wanna find somewhere to rest for a while Lili?" He asked his close friend who glared at him and shook her head. Varduk shrugs and continues on walking up the mountain with Liliark close behind. When he was about to jump and pull himself up onto a boulder a huge gust of wind blew up and making a large chuck of boulder and snow fall of the mountain towards the pair. Liliark grabs Varduk's jacket in her beak and the rock strikes the ledge they were on, making it give way.
   With a yelp Varduk tries to find a ledge but they kept falling plus the extremly loud screams from Liliark who was struggling to fly even though he feathers were not in. Eventually a stab of pain rocks Varduk's head and body and he looses consciousness.
-----
   When Varduk comes to the first thing he realizes is that his head was killing him and he was extremely cold. With a shaky breath he sits up and looks for Liliark. He finds her a few paces away laying on her side but breathing slightly with a bit of blood coming from her left side. "So long for not getting injured so far huh Lili?" He kneels down beside her and examines the wound and notices that it could worsen as the day goes on. He looks around for anything suitable for making a fire and dressing Liliark's wound but there was nothing but grass and wet twigs. Swearing he picks her up and stands up completely but nearly drops her again with a sudden wave of light headedness and the sharp pain in his leg. He swears again and sits down dragging himself and Liliark towards some shelter from the wind. He tears off a chuck of his jacket and put's it on Liliark's wound while he waits for his headache to go down and hopefully for Liliark to wake up.

Ice

The day was cold as a hooded creature made his way through the mountains. He had made himself a place to stay here in this cold land. While he often wanted to be around other he was in a bit of trouble at the moment. His plan to bring back his master had been found out by a nosy bunch of teens. He knew that if word got out his plan would fail. So what did joss do? He killed the kids and made his leave. He made it look like an accident.  But he was not sure if anyone had seen him do his crime. So he decided to find a place to hide for a couple of days. Maybe move on to another town or something.

As he was walking something made the bird like creature frown. He caught the smell of blood. Someone or something  was hurt or dead here. So he turned to follow the smell . After all there might be an opportunity to find some fool to put in his debt. That was always a good option for him.

As he now turned a corner the evil priest saw a sight that made him blink. There was what he assumed to be a man near some sort of creature. Joss decided that it would be wise not to scare the man so carefully he came closer. However he did not reveal himself to the man. He stayed back in the brush in case he was dangerous.

" Do you need help traveler? " He asked his voice incredibly soft and kind. He wanted to make sure that the man knew that for the moment he came in peace.

Sheshia

Varduk looks around confused slightly on who just spoke. He closes his eyes to think, If I say no Lili is probably going to die then I'd probably die soon after. Neither of those options were what he would want. Sighing he adjusts the way he was sitting and pets Liliak's body with his tree hand hoping that he was making the right choice. "Yes please." Varduk takes a deep breath as another wave of pain runs through his body and head. Wishing he had his weapons but they were lost when they fell. He whispers to Liliark, "Lili there is hopefully a well meaning fellow here to help us. But please wake up incasseren there isnt a good ending to this ordeal." Varduk leans in closer to Liliak and listen to her breathing.

Ice

The evil priest smiled to himself as he. Heard what the traveler before him said. His eyes glowed an eerie orangish purple color as he watched him. He noted that the creature with the man must have been some sort of pet. Creatures here were very strange in his opinion. However he moved in the brush intending to come closer now.

" What happened to you two? " He asked now revealing himself to the man . He kept his face hidden from view for the moment. He did not want to frighten the pair. He could tell that they were hurt. So he would help if they wanted him to.

"I have some healing abilities that I can use to help you if you want"  he said with that same soft tone. For such an evil creature he was definitely charming and very decetful .

Sheshia

"We were climbing the mountain and sort of had a boulder give way and dislodge us from the progress we made. Liliak must have been able to cushion me when we crash landed or somehow broke the fall. Wish I knew but I was uhhh sort of not in this world at that moment." Varduk watches the hooded man intently but closes his eyes when they began to hurt to much to look at anything. "And please if you can help us heal Lili. She's all I got at the moment, she's my baby Pluizig. I would've healed her a bit also but my headache won't let me get my mind clear enough to." 

Ice

Joss nodded as he listened to what the man was telling him.  A fall was a terrible thing that could lead to bad injury.
" I'm sorry for your misfortune traveler.  I would be very happy to help you" he said with a smile. He moved a bit closer to the injured creature. She was strange looking but joss knew that the mortal plane had many odd creatures around.

" I will use my magic to try to help your friend feel better." He told the man. Then his hand glowed with a light green glow. It would feel a bit warm to the creature but not uncomfortable. His healing magic was powerful enough to heal most things. He whispered the words to healing spell hoping to be able to fix her injuries.  He was not certain how bad they were. Once he was done he stepped back and waited to see if the spell worked looking to make sure the man was still okay. 

Sheshia

Varduk watches the magic closely and listens for what the stranger was whispering but couldn't pick up on anything. He then gave up and turned his focus to Liliak who was twitching her ears a bit. That was a good sign. He watches and she became more active and blew out a long sigh and she chirped slightly. "Thanks man." Varduk pats Liliak's side as she sat up with a yawn and looks at Joss looking curious with her ears pointing upright.
    The young Pluizig looks at Varkduk and he nods and she lays back down with her head on his lap still watching Joss. "Liliak wants me to say thank you. But she wonders what we need to do to repay you for your help. Knowing her she would do anything." Varduk smiles and scratches her ears, "And so would I."

Ice

The evil priest smiled when he noted that his magic had worked on the strange creature. That was a good thing in his mind. Now he just had to figure out a way to word what he wanted in return. He could not simply just say that he needed followers to help raise his evil master from the dead.  That would make most want to kill him on the spot. He definitely was not risking that.

"She is very welcome. I can help you too if you need it. " He said pausing for a few seconds. He then smiled. He could use these travelers to get to the next town. Along the way he could see if they would be worthy of serving his master. If so he might convince them to do so. If not they would become scarifies. Either way it would be just fine to him.

" Well if you want to pay me back maybe you can help me get to a nearby town? " He asked with a slight smile. He was happy to know that they were willing to do anything to help him. It would make his job easier .

Sheshia

"I'll be fine. Thanks though." Varduk smiles. His leg will heal at its normal pace and his concussion could not be helped. Besides Liliak would be able to help him around until his leg was better. And he did not need magic that much since all he could do was heal.
  "And as of for use getting you to a nearby town we would help. Which town did you have in mind." Varduk started to think about the closest towns that were easy on the three of them to reach. He had completely forgotten about staying wary to strangers, particularly to one who hid himself from others with a hood.
    Hopfully the town has a great inn with good food. He thinks to himself. It's been a few hours since both he and Liliak had actually ate a decent meal. His mouth watered at the thought of it.

Ice

Joss just smiled to himself. He could reveal his face to the man if the man asked. However he knew that the man would see he wasn't human if he did that. Most did not know that he was a demon though. He just looked like an odd sort of bird man. Even that startled some though. That's why he hid his face. 

" I'm glad for that. I don't know much about this place so I don't know the local towns. Most places don't like ... Non-human creatures. " He stated softly. He was being honest there. Most did not like those who were not human. And of course most did not like evil priests either. But he decided not to get in to that subject right now.

Sheshia

Now what Joss just said about town people not liking non himans got his attention but he rwsolved to ask about it later. "The closest one is sort of back tracking from the way we came from." Varduk jestures towards Liliak. "But it's close enough for us to be there hy" He pauses thinking for a second, "somewhere after dark."
  He motions to Liliak who gets up and stretches like a cat. Then walks over to him laying down so Varduk could climb onto hsr bacl. Which he did carefully. When he was on her she rose up and walkes over to Joss and looka at his robes and hood then snorts and sots down, "What's your name anyway stranger? Can't gp anywhere comfortably withoutt knowing your name. Mines Varduk."

Ice

Joss after making his statement realized his slip up. He realized that he should not have mentioned the non human thing. However since he was not questioned about it he did not have to think of an explanation. " That is good for me . I hope that doesn't inconvenience you. " He stated to the man. And he also knew that from what the man told him it was not the town he had left. That one was about three days away from here. And that was if you could fly like he could.

He just watched as the man got on the creature. He never understood why beasts let others ride them. But then again he just reminded himself that mortals had very strange customs. Joss blinked that thought away as he noted the creature giving him a look over. He then smiled to the man's question.

" I'm joss. It very nice to meet you Varduk" he said with a grin. He had no problem telling others who he was.  He wanted the world to fear his name one day. So they might as well know it.

Sheshia

"Back at yah."  Varduk motions to Joss to climb on to Liliak after he asked her if she would be okay if they gave Joss a ride. "Hop on Joss. Don't want you to tire out on us." He deeply wished that Lili could fly. Then they would have been over the mountain and would have been to Hyroite in a few days after that. She should grow in feathers in about three montha from now He thinks as Liliak lays down while he scratchs her feathery neck.

"So how did you find us?" Surely Joss was going somewhere of course but was he a wander like they were or did he have a goal in mind. Either way they might as well get to know eachother better since they might be riding for a while yet.

Ice

Joss was bit unsure about getting on the creature. However he knew that he should not be rude. He might be evil but he did have manners. More so then most other demons he knew. " Alright I can do that. You both seem very kind. I'm glad for that." He said softly. He was very careful with his claws as he got on the creature. He did not wish to hurt her. He wondered if either of them would smell the smell of sulfer that came with demons. If so he might get into trouble. A risk he would have to take he supposed.

He was also thinking that it would be a shame to have to kill creature like this man and his friend. However if they proved to noble to serve his cause he would have to get rid of them. Or if they tried to harm him. No one could stand in the way of his master. No matter how kind they were to him.

He heard what was asked to him now. " I was wondering through on my way to get supiles for my travels. I don't tend to stay in one place for very long. " He said to the man. He did not add why that was. He figured if the man hung around the next town he would find out why.

Sheshia

Sort of like us. Varduk thinks to himself with a smile. He waits for Joss to get on when he smelt the sulfur. Liliak hissed but Varduk though for a second. We might have a demon with us but since we are in the middle of no where we can't do anything about it and I can't use magic plus my leg needs a break. He knew that Liliak was not happy about the demon but he patted her shoulder once she sensed Varduk's discomfort. Signalling her to go and that they needed to wait it out.

He wished that he was through the "transformation" of his senses otherwise he would have noticed it sooner. But why didn't Liliak notice it when he investigated Joss? He shrugged because she must have thought nothing of it since they have had yet to actually meet a demon before now.

Ice

Joss knew that being this close to the pair gave away what he was. The hiss that the creature gave only enforced that thought. He was ready for them to try and hurt him. However when they did not do that he frowned. Either they had never encountered a demon or they were planning something. Either way he would be ready for them.

As the creature started to move he frowned. He kept as much distance as he could away from the one he was riding with. Being that close could get him hurt . Joss was a cautious creature by nature. It came from being tortured for so many years while he was on the other side. Pain actually scared him at this point.

Sheshia

"Joss you might wanna hang on a but more with your knees the way we go is easier on Liliak. In lots of jumps off of rocks and miniature ravines. SO try to use your legs to hold on more tightly don't want you falling off now would we?" He laughs while Liliak looks back at him with a curious look.

Petting her, "Don't worry Lili, I was only joking. You need to chill out." Liliak rolls her eyes and went back to looking at the road. Varduk still needed to repay him but since their passenger was definitely a demon he wouldn't want to risk them getting hurt or killed. We are both in a bind. He thinks, since if they tried to not repay him to his fullest expectations he'd kill them but if they did he'd probably keep them to do some of his twisted biding. Boy did he not like most demons.

Ice

Joss looked at the man as he listened to him. He most certainly did not want to fall off . That might hurt some. " Okay I'll try to do that. I definitely do not want to fall. " He said with a slightly nervous laugh.  He tried to do as the man said a hold on with his legs. It might be obvious that he was not experienced in riding animals. It felt very strange to him. Though at least this ride was not too uncomfortable to him. As he rode he was care not to accidentally poke her with the claws on his feet. They were just as sharp as the ones on his fingers.

Sheshia

"There you go. You should really get a horse one day, it might help with the speed of your travels and gives your a bit of company. I wish I have one other then this feather fluff here. She can hardly carry a horse around." Liliak slaps Varduk with her ears signalling she still had a bit of growing to do. "But the only cost with her is that she eats a lot of meat. At least with a horse it has food everywhere. But who am I to talk. What's your favorite place you've visited so far Joss? Mines the colony where Lili choosen me at."

Ice

Joss smirked at the man as he spoke. It was obvious that he really liked this creature. He figured that the two must have been together for a while. It was interesting the way mortals had so many strange emotions. Love was a concept he could never grasp. Neither was friendship or anything like that. He had never had anyone who cares about him. That was the thing about demons. No one cared about them. So they did not care either. At least he doesn't.

" Maybe I should one day.if I'm not walking I fly. I am not excellent but I get where I'm going. " He said with a nod. " My favorite place is the coast. I forget the town I whent to there but it was very nice."  He said with a smile.  He did like the ocean for some reason.

He then paused before he added" And not many people would befriend me. I know you know what I am and would agree" He stated with a sigh. Maybe he did want friends. It was just that his mast would never allow that. And like he said everyone hates demons.