Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Staining Snow [Wycliff, PM to Join]

Started by AevumEternity, February 16, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AevumEternity

Seeing his anxiety spike, before they entered the manorhouse, she stops him, reaching up and cupping his face in her hands. She gazes at him hard, but smiles- her lips curling upward in an expression so sweet it could melt hearts," My Aven, my love- when would you like to get married?" She asks softly.

She decided she would not voice her concerns, if he was so fearful, it would do no good to spike it further. Her thumbs gently stroke his cheekbones as she cups his face- trying to offer some comfort.

Wycliff

Aven paused as she cupped his face, and melt, his heart certainly did. The worry drained away, and he relaxes into a smile.
When should they get married? He was unsure about the question himself, though he'd originally planned to set the date after the war had ended, as he hadn't been quite sure whether he would survive the plan he had in place to overthrow Calent. With recent events, however, he'd come to understand that his first priority was not his plan, but Hakon, as selfish as the idea would have sounded to his former self not a year ago. Not only that, but in actuality, as they'd been... experimenting, he couldn't be positive if she ever became pregnant. He couldn't have her suffer the disgrace of a pregnancy out of wedlock.
Aven gazed lovingly into Hakon's eyes, pulling her tight to his chest. "I think we should be married as soon as possible. Maybe I'm not confident in my prospects as a father, but there's nothing in this world that would make me rescind my desire to be with you for the rest of my life. So... why wait?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AevumEternity

She smiles, nestling against his chest, closing her eyes contently. She recalled her ambitions, her desires of years past. How many sleepless nights she had stayed awake for to no avail. Had her father done the same? He could have been a duke, if not King by the time she had been born. Had he given up that dream to be with her mother?

Given up? No- he chose a happy life rather then one filled with sorrow. How had she not seen that before? Closing her eyes, she tilted her face toward his, pressing her lips to Aven's cheek. She would do the same, perhaps she would not be remembered by all for eternity, but she would certainly be remembered by him.

" I love you, Aven,"

AevumEternity

Wycliff's Response:

Aven smiles warmly, his doubt disappearing. Connloath needed a savior, but that was not his lot in life. He would stay with Hakon, protecting her as long as he drew breath; and maybe, in the future, a help her raise the heirs to their family name. He would choose happiness over heroism, not only for himself, but for her.
"I love you, too, Hakon." With that, Aven leans in and locks lips with Hakon, the two losing themselves in each other's arms.
Yes, they would choose happiness.

(End of Thread)

Tags: