Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Within the Snow

Started by WallyD, February 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Asta nodded.
"We can head back after we do this last stop." Asta didnt know what hunting grounds he was taking about. Granted, Asta wasn't born 25 years ago, but if it used to be so good, why didn't her father talk about it. Yes, she and her tribe moved around alot, traveling all over the frozen tundra, but it was something that bothered her.

"You said that it used to be there, what happened?"

excitement

"I haven't got a clue. I just know my grandfather killed 5 deer up ahead with ease 25 years ago so it's definitely worth checking out. Since you didn't seem to recognize the spot I was pointing to either the deer are gone or you've never figured out how to navigate that thick of a forest. Anyways, Where is the last stop?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

Asta laughed quietly, shaking her head.
"No, we are done. I had meant the hunting grounds that you had talked about. We finish there then head back."

excitement

"Oh I see." He leads her to a tangle of woods "Just out of curiosity have you heard of this place before... " soon the tall trees cover the sky and various obstacles cause only the winding game trail to be followable. Several times, Shageon pulls out the book and a compass before choosing between a fork in the road

WallyD

"No, father has not mentioned this. Makes me wonder why." Asta said, shaking her head. She was surprised at how much trees there were. If one heads south, there are trees, but not as much to make a forest, it as something beautiful. The trees were a pale grey, the leaves were white with a tiny of green. Ice hung from the branches, making the trees look like shinning gems in the sun.

excitement

"Well... what kind of man is your father? Maybe that will tell us..." Shageon says, trying to make conversation more than actually trying to learn anything. He hardly glances at the beautiful sights as he navigates the convulted trails

WallyD

"He's..." Asta trailed off, "he's respected. Strong, in both body and will. He is Fredrick York." She said finally, shrugging slightly "If it were about hunting, he would have told me."

excitement

"Sounds like a likeable person." Shageon says, then remembers he's not supposed to use like twice in three words and decides to change the topic before she might notice "so he..." Shageon stops speaking as the trail opens up to a swampland. "Oh my god." Spread across the clearing is the skeletons of many deer. One of them is nearby and extremely stinky. Shageon walks closer. "Ummm... There isn't any bite marks...."

WallyD

Asta stopped moving and watched as Shageon ran forward, announcing the condition of the skeletons. She pulled out her knife and watched the trees.

"This is giving off bad vibes." She said, slowing walking to Shageon, still watching the surroundings for any movement

excitement

The entire forest is unnaturally still.

"Yup. Do you think your dad saw this?" Shageon steps back and moves closer to Asta while he consults the book "well sorry for being obvious, but something definitely happened between now and 25 years ago... and based on the skeletons it happened at least a few years ago... I'd think a new powerful predator except there's no bite marks... which either means it was just another dude going crazy and for some reason the deer held still... or there's magic involved... I think anyways what're your thoughts?" Shageon puts the book away and keeps his own knife close, but doesn't seem as concerned as Asta.

WallyD

Asta paused. "Father just might know. Something really bad must had happened, that's why he never said anything." She peered around, crouching next to a skeleton. "I say magic. Theres an electric pulse, I can feel it in my fingers. This is a bad place to be, it will bring bad luck. It is evil."

excitement

"Well how about we go... before that magic starts to attack us...." Shageon turns and leaves, eyeing the trees and the swamp behind him suspiciously

WallyD

"Good idea. Let's leave now, I want to talk to father about this." Asta said, heading back to the trail.

excitement

Shageon pulls out the compass and map again and starts navigating out of the convulted forest trails

WallyD

The forest was left behind and the sun showed that it was now noon. Asta could see her tribe off in the distance, the Main tent had smoke rising out of it, lunch already been cooked.
"Come. We must find Father. I have questions." Asta said, striding forward.

excitement

"I hope these questions include lunch" Shageon thinks following Asta now and smelling the amazing aroma.

WallyD

The main tent wasn't as full as it was last time. Many were still working, though the food that was provided seemed like it was enough for the whole tribe. Asta saw her father sitting in his normal spot. She  turned to Shageon.

"Go ahead and grab something, I think it be best if you explain the place to him."

excitement

"Sounds good" Shageon grabs a light plate of food and then asks Asta "ummm which one is your father again? I'm not good with faces... is he the one sitting over there?" Shageon points to Asta's father

WallyD

Asta nodded and led him over, stopping in front of her father.

"We need to talk. It's very, concerning." She said. He looked up and held out his hands.

"Sit then." Asta did as she was told. "What is it that you wish to discuss."

"An hunting site that we found. Go ahead Shageon."

excitement

"So I noticed that on the way back was a hunting site that my dad... talked about... so we visited it... and it had turned into a swamp land. Carcasses and skeletons of dozens of deer were scattered across the swamp with a really strong odor. There were no bite marks or any other marks on any of the bones we saw. Do you know anything of the area? It's about 4.8 kilometers east of here. " Shageon sits next to Asta and her father and starts to eat a bit