Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Within the Snow

Started by WallyD, February 19, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

Fredrick paused. A lot of talking in the tent died down, Asta's father cleared his throat and set down his bowl

"About 20 years ago, there was another tribe, permit residents. One of the members went by the name of Christa Morr'mil. She was a magic user, powerful and she knew it. Christa abused her powers, practicing in the swamp. One night a couple of their men came over. They found out the Christa was trying to summon something that was," he paused trying to think of the right word. He shook his head and continued, " horrendous. Evil, not if this world. Some of our beat, your uncle and I followed. It was horrible, so many died. Those who didn't were scared, either mind or body.

" Fredrick lifted his fur, showing an old scar. It covered all of his left side, it was clear that the skin was burned, ridged and uneven. He lowered his shirt and looked down at his hands. " Your uncle was not as lucky. He wasn't the same afterwards. I don't actually remember what happened nexted. We had entered, demons came from all over but we killed them, their body's bursting in fire and ledt as ash. Then there was Christa. She hovered in the air, chanting, a portal opened from behind. She was summoning something larger. Me and your uncle was on the front line, cutting our way to Christa when there was a blast and a Demon Lord walked out."

"His eyes were black, skin an ashy grey, his tounge slithered like a snake across his sharp teeth. For a moment we were petrified. The next few moments became a blur. The demon attack and I was in the ground, my side felt like fire. I could hear the screams. Then the world went white and all sounds of battle stopped."

Fredrick sighed, rubbing his head." Apparently Chrisa wasn't done with the enchantment. So after someone killed her, all demons were sent back to were the came. But damage was done. The swamp become a magical waste land, any living creature that stays there in the area for a long period of time will be affected by its evil magic. We later found that those with magic are unaffected, and we were able to create a magical armor but there are only three."

Again, he paused, looking at the two of them wearily."Your not planning on doing anything, right?"

excitement

"What would we be planning on doing? Untainting the swamp? I'm rather happy of just leaving that place alone... unless there is some reason to return to that place..." he glances at Asta "is there?"
(OOC: and here I was thinking that I was taking the lead ;p )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WallyD

[OOC: Sorry. I didn't know what to do. I just typed, I guess there was a different way to type that, I can easily change it. I'm getting trigger happy ( ̄。 ̄|||) ]

Asta shook her head, she didn't really have a reason to be a hero.

excitement

[OOC: its fine, I was expecting to take the lead but this works great]
Shageon asks "how will the living who stay there be affected? Do you know?" He looks at his plate with a bit of food left and offers it to Asta

WallyD

Asta shrugged and took it, eating some of the left overs. Her father sighed and shook his head.

"It varies. We can't say for sure. Asta's Uncle, my brother, was a good man. But his personality had, changed. He was him, but wasn't. He eventually left, abandoning his children, took one of the armor I spoke of. I suggest you talk to Madam Bluewater if you want more information. She lives inside of Hyotie, little past our camp. She knows magic better than anyone here." He said, mostly talking to Shageon.

excitement

"Thank you for your information. I definitely want to talk to her... how about you Asta? " he reaches for his book but thinks better of it and awkwardly scratches his hair

WallyD

Asta nodded looking at her father.

"I am still teaching him. I wish to go along. This has intrigued me." She said placing the plate down. She looked over at Shageon. "We should go tomorrow. Check the rest of the traps for today and get ready."

excitement

"Ok. Tomorrow it is. " Shageon stands up ready to leave "last question: is there any other similarly interesting places nearby?"

WallyD

"No, that is the only place Christa had infected herself. Though I bet there are other places like that all over the world from people dumb enough t summon demons." He said. Asta stood up as well and nodded.

"Thank you Father, we'll be going now." She said turning to the tent flap

excitement

Shageon follows Asta and once out of earshot of the leader, he says "let's go back to that place!"

WallyD

Asta turned sharply to Shageon.

"Really? You still want to go." She paused, "That doesn't really sound safe. Unless you have magic, you'll need the armor so you don't get affected."

excitement

"It'll just be for an hour or two it's hardly what can be called 'called' term exposure' but I guess we could use the armor... there's a lot of perfect bones there that would be easy to take and use to build stuff with."

WallyD

"True." Asta said nodding, "We can go now. But if you go crazy, don't blame me." Asta raised her hands up and started forward.

excitement

(OOC: sorry about the typos in the last post)
"Same goes for you, I didn't force you to come along. We probably should hurry though to make sure we don't end up in that place after the sunsets..." Shageon shivers

WallyD

Asta nodded and started out, she stopped by Zeek's tent and told him to go out to her traps, she has something else to do. He followed Asta and Shageon for a while before he split ways to one of the trap sites. Soon the Crystal Forest came into view. It'll be only for a while, nothing bad will happen...

[OOC: It's all good. I even mess up and don't notice my errors until I already posted.]

excitement

Shageon doesn't notice her worries and doesn't worry himself, believing half of the story to be exaggerated and the other half he could deal with. The second Zeek is out of sight, Shageon pulls out his book and writes down everything Asta's father said and some personal disbeliefs before opening to a map and leading the way through the forest. "I wonder how much of what your father said was exaggerated..." he says, both to get more information and keep the silence away

WallyD

Asta shot a look at Shageon.

"My father is a truthful man. If he said it happened then it did, who are you to say it didn't​ if you weren't even there?" Asta said as a gust of wind few past them, making Asta's hair to whip around her head.

excitement

He writes down what she said then puts the book away but not before the pages flap in the wind again "I didn't mean offense. I'm just judging by what I've seen and how many people around me have exaggerated."

WallyD

Asta gives him a skeptical look before looking ahead, the wind dying down. After awhile Asta spoke, mumbling.

"He did say that he had a hard time remembering... So I guess he could have... You know, gotten second hand information." She looked up quickly. "But that doesn't mean he exaggerated, just someone else could have." Asta huffed, satisfied with what she said.

excitement

He makes another note. "I believe we are here." He says as the clearing with the bones appears. He starts making stacks of them.