Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Quieting Piano [M]

Started by visualspice, March 18, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He went quiet, eyes still elsewhere.
And he stayed quiet.

"He doesn't feel heavy at all," came his reply, as equally distant sounding as his eyes.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Medina moved closer, only a breath away. Real concern was on her face. "Are you okay? You look like you're a thousand lifetimes away..." she shook her head and impulsively raised a hand to his cheek, seeing if his face was warm with fever.

visualspice

That's when he turned and looked at her, deeply and truly. Hope had calmed in his arms, cooing and bubbling off his own spit, which merely became background noise beneath the intensity of his gaze.
"What do you think the nation would think if I were to marry a commoner; the mother of their Hope?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

There was a mean joke in there. Asking her what the nation would think. Medina returned the look, though not nearly as intensely. "I suppose they'd think you were more human," she said. Think of it like a noble.

Sure seeing their son in his fathers arms was making her melt a bit but that was beside the point."probably think something romantic - like I got under your skin with my wylie charm," Medina finally removed her hand from his cheek and rubbed her plam over the nid section of her dress.

"Which we both know I have," she teased softly, finger tracing Hope's cheek. "Whý? Going to finally make use of me?"

visualspice

He grew quiet again, looking down at Hope.

Draconian

Medina looked at Hope to.

"You'll get to be his father. Officially," she said softly, a ghost of a smile on her lips, "you can nap with him even. Hope gives the best sleepysnuggles."

visualspice

His face moved, the placid expression softening.
"So you would do it?" came his low, soft reply. His eyes were still on Hope.

Draconian

Would she?

Medina had been expected to be told to marry him if it came to it. "Would you ever be able to care about me?" She asked, the question a little raw feeling, "because the answer to that is the answer I choose."

visualspice

He still didn't look at her and swallowed the lump in his throat.
"A man should always care for his wife."

Draconian

Medina looked to Hope before she placed her hand against his cheek and rurned his head towards her. "That's a good un-answer," she teased, letting her hand fall away so she could tickle Hope, who just grinned up at them after giving a shrill cackle. "Don't worry," she said, "I know what not to expect from you." The word love remained unspoken - Medina wasnt a fool. Mostly.

"I'd..." be stupid. Why did she think she could change anything, "I'd like for Hope to have a father."

visualspice

His eyes locked to hers as he caught her by the arm.
"Then you have condemned yourself."

Draconian

Medina smiled.

Had she ever.

"I condemned myself when I didn't recognize you," She said truthfully, looking into his eyes, then lowered her arm. Medina placed hers on top of his and gave it a squeeze before she sighed and let it drop away. "Besides, I have no where else to go," Medina was a sheep in wolfs clothing. Deep in the pack. She knew that if she was caught she'd be put to death. Would she?

"You offer me a... A place. You're sort of like a big stone wall unless we're in the thick of it," Medina wiggled her eyebrows at him, indicating what 'thick of it' meant, "But... I..." Medina huffed, "I'm stubborn. I'm loud. I'm not nobility. But I'm here and you talk to me and when you aren't being huffy and puffy I think we get along." Medina nods, "So, if I'm going to be condemned anyway at least sometimes you'll get a full nights rest - maybe."

visualspice

Calent remained stiff and pursed his lips before exhaling through his nose.
"Most women would die for such a chance." He turned to scrutinize her, gaze softening. "Me, I think I'd die just for a peaceful nights rest."

Draconian

Die.

Medina squinted at Calent for a moment, an eyebrow raised and she just looked at him. "For you?" She gave him an entertained look, trying not to smile in disbelief, "Or the status?" Medina shrugged because, honestly, both were unappealing. It was a rhetorical question and she gave him a sympathetic smile, "Well, dying would let you sleep for a very long time," She pointed out, attention grabbed by Hope who looked up at his parents and gave a laugh before kicking his little legs and grinning up at them.

Medina grinned at Calent before turning back to Hope, "I'd die for him," She nodded to their child, "I think that's about it."

visualspice

Quiet was always his way, and during the silence he passed of their child back to his mother.
"What if I gave you the option to leave?" he asked her, tone serious, as was his expression.

Draconian

Medina held Hope, lifting him to rest him against her shoulder.

"Well, I'd ask if that's what you want." Medina tilted her head and looked up at him, "What do you want? Not... What do you think will make people happy. Me included."

visualspice

He kept his back to her, frowning as he stared towards the window.
"I'm in no position to think about what I want."
But what did he want? His mind wandered as he watched a flock of birds flutter from the rooftops, then across the sky.

Draconian

Medina chewed on her lower lip and moved to stand beside him, glancing at him from the side.

"Well," She started, smoothing her hand up and down Hope's back, "Just pretend you are. Pretend that for the next ten minutes you're allowed to want something. Or not want something. What is the desired outcome to this... Situation." She nodded, "Just because you're not supposed to, doesn't mean you can't." She motioned to Hope, he probably wasn't supposed to have sex with a stranger in the rain but that hadn't stopped him and look where they were now.

visualspice

He didn't look at her.
"I did that once."
His frown deepened.
"And it landed you as a prisoner here... with our son."

Draconian

That was true.

Medina looked at Hope, eyes closed again after his few moments of joyful wriggling. Still, her chest tightened when he said 'our son' and she looked away briefly, closing her eyes. "Well, I'm already here," her voice was soft, pursing her lips, "Do you enjoy my company when I'm not infuriating you? Do you want to marry me?" Medina gave a helpless little shrug, "I'm here because I made a mistake about when he was going to be born. You just did what you thought was best and...  It's your choice if you want to keep me here or send me away."