Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh, I'm sorry. Was that your boss? (Ask to Join)

Started by SerOzimondios, April 16, 2017, 03:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerOzimondios

Hyoite, the coldest, snowiest, and the last place Snowfall wanted to be. Despite her name Snowfall hated snow, she didn't like to be cold for many reasons like how it made her feel, and how it made her angry, and how it made her yearn to set herself on fire. Maybe not the last part, She thought. She made her way down the snowy street, her arms hugging herself and her body shaking, She had been making her way to what seemed to be the local tavern. Not by sight, she couldn't see much in the blizzard, but by sound. It was the only thing that you could hear, perhaps louder than the whistling snow itself. Snowfall approached, lifted her foot and booted the door open with a slam. She gave an exhale as she quickly brushed on inside, only to be met with a wide array of awkward glances, and a deafening awkward silence. Snowfall turned to stone aside from the shivering. She cracked a nervous smile, and meebled out a few quiet words.

"Out of..ale?" . Someone must have heard her, a big burly man blasted into laughter, slapping his knee "OUT OF ALE? Ahahahaha!" He echoed her, and the tavern followed along. She gave a nervous smile and quickly shuffled to the bar, pulling off her black hood. Though her smile quickly faded when she looked to her left. A rugged scarred man, who had a barmaid under his arm. He seemed to be invisible to the crowd, was it because it was loud? Or was it because he had power, or fear. Snowfall didn't care. This man was her target.

It only took an instant. The man seemed to have said something very naughty to the girl, given that was his last expression when Snowfall's blade cracked his skull open, the girl shrieked and backed off, and so did many of the patrons. Only with that crowd to be replaced with a gang of armored and armed thugs. Snowfall looked up, her face shy and hid behind her scarf as she pulled over her hood. Her voice shaked , "Oh...I'm sorry, was that your boss?"

Salzem

Demagogue had been hired by this supposed "boss" for the past couple of days now merely as a bodyguard. What a boring job, especially when the man never went anywhere dangerous... This massive, rugged scarred man, an apparent behemoth with a collection of armed miscreants at his beck and call needed a demon of his caliber to defend him... Good gods was he insecure... On the plus side, the list of things he required from this man in return for his services was being filled out... day by day, one item was fulfilled. At first, it was an awkward thimble... then, a pommel of a sword, now he'd received a double-faced coin, heads of course. Perhaps putting up with this schmo was worth his time after all... At least he only has to put up with this inactivity for a few more days...

Eventually, their travels that day had brought them into a tavern in the middle of some frozen wasteland the humans referred to as Hyoite. He tipped his wide-rimmed hat down so people couldn't very well see his skeletal face for they would likely scream in terror... or blame it on their alcohol depending on how drunk they were... Frowning, something the skeleton NEVER did, he found himself a table in the back, sat down in a chair and propped his boots up on it's face, waiting for whatever business this man had to end so maybe they could go somewhere dangerous...

Not a moment after this thought rang out through the skeleton's skull, the door to the tavern was kicked open and in walked a girl of modest (compared to him) height, her face obscured somewhat by her black hood and scarf. In fact, most, if not all of what she wore was black, boring on the surface, a full story underneath... maybe, if she took to the boss's liking, he'd get the opportunity to peel it off her and find out... The lights in Demagogue's eye-sockets glowed intently as his spiked-jawed-teeth curled back up into a smile, staring in anticipation from beneath the rim of his hat.

Everything in the bar seemed to have faded away except for the girl as her expression seemed to change, the skeleton's gaze following hers until his glowing orbs fell on the boss, some maiden in his arms. FOR SHAME, DEAR BOSS! Manhandling a lady like that with no dexterity whatsoever... If this girl decided to kill him... Demagogue certainly wouldn't stop her...

And that's just what she did... As quick as a flash, her sword was buried deep in the man's skull, Demagogue closing one eye(socket) as a drop of blood came floating past. In another flash, all of the boss' men were on their feet, weapons drawn, ready to engage this black-coated girl, all but Demagogue who simply watched her with the widest grin on his skeletal teeth.

"For shame dear boss..." He whispered, his voice echoing despite the terrible acoustics. "For shame..." With a gesture from a bony finger, the boss' corpse was ripped right off the end of the woman's blade, floating overhead and dropping blood on those beneath him, including his armed thugs. Slowly, almost casually, Demagogue lowered his legs from off the table before the man's body dropped down from the sky on top of it roughly, his wounds looking even more deliciously brutal from this angle. He placed a hand on the man's split forehead.

"Next time... handle your women with tact..." he whispered in his ear before a light glow enveloped his body, his wounds healing in a matter of seconds. After one more second, however... the man's eyes focused, his limbs began to twitch, his heart began to beat and his mind became alive... Demagogue had restored him to life... Sighing, somewhat tired after forcing the man's soul back down his throat, Demagogue tilted his hat a bit more so they obscured his sockets, waiting to see how both the woman and the boss would react, the skeleton smiling eagerly in anticipation.

SerOzimondios

"Next, handle your woman with tact.." She gave a giggle, looking to her right to the skeletal figure, She had seen domesticated undead before. She has seen zombies that have worked smithies, skeletons that worked as scouts, Snowfall gets around. Though what she didn't expect is her target to be alive, breathing with gasps, looking with terror as he had seen the other side. She gave a panicked shriek, swinging her blade down onto the boss's chest,blood spurting from his pectoral muscles and the organs under, Snowfall yanked the blade out from his cleaved ribs and organs, and quickly slamming it down again, ripping out lugns and chunks of muscle. The boss screamed in agony the first time, more or less quieter the second, the pain to great for him to speak as he once again passed. The boss's lackies did not take liking to this. One of them screamed with terror , "By the gods woman! You'll pay for that!" They each barreled forward at the same time, thrusting their spear reflexively for her chest, looks of fear and anger apon their faces.

Snow darted her glance just in time to find this. She quickly dived to the right, knocking into the bloodied corpse that was once their boss and knocking over a few stools, her head gracing the stool of the skeleton. She looked up with a nervous glance, she said quietly "One moment.." She attempted to rise for her feet, though the thug closest to her thrust for her chest, releasing a battle cry as he aimed to end her life with one thrust. Snowfall swung her blade to parry the incoming thrust to the right, the spear head indenting the wooden floorboard as she then swung her blade backhand , slicing open the mans throat as she then kicked him back into his colleagues.

She stood up fully this time, raising her blade with blinding speed ,and then bringing it down just as fast , one swing was to the head of the next thug in line. Blood spurting from the skull and brains inside, the other thug had no idea what was going on, she made sure that was last thing he remembered when she spun around the thug she had just killed, implanting the tip of her blade into his neck. After it had initially pierced, she stepped forward, grabbing his shoulder and thrusting the blade so far his neck was touching the crossguard. She pushed him off, giving a light sigh as she looked around the tavern...

SpeedLover

Arth had been watching the entire altercation from his once comfortably quiet seat at the far end of the bar, nearest the hearth. As he gazed on out of the corners of his eyes with bewilderment, he beckoned for additional mugs of ale from the cowering barkeep, who passed them wordlessly. As the beverages were quaffed, and much ran down and through his beard due to his distraction, he slowly reached his free arm to the pommel that protruded from under his cloak that swaddled him warmly. What could this be? he thought. Some southerner woman comes and kills a man, and a corpse brings him back only to be butchered again? I knew the damn south was bizarre, but this is insane! As Snowfall continued to hack apart the incoming guards, Arth turned his attention momentarily from her and the blood now running under his boots (he was far too massive for these tiny stools, he cursed) towards Demagogue, the skeleton man. This was surely the most powerful creature on the planet, to go against the rules of Life and Death that every sionadyaki knows to be inevitable, and to not only survive past death as a skeleton but also resurrect others! This must be the 'perfect tree' that must be felled, or at least this... thing knows of something of such caliber. Arth stepped back from the bar, finishing his mug, and setting it down with a thud. He took his hand off the pommel on his back for now, keeping them at his sides: surely something like a skeleton, with no muscle or tendon, did not require a weapon to subdue. He approached Demagogue, whose sockets layed obscured by his hat. "You there," Arth finally spoke up. "Are you the only one of your kind?" He decided to open with this question, because if the creature were not unique then evidently it couldn't be any sort of 'ultimate being'.

Salzem

Demagogue only smiled kindly at the girl (or as kindly as a sharped-jawed skeleton could) as she ripped his boss asunder again, prying chunks out of his stomach and chest as if she were carving a turkey, not a single drop of blood touching the demon. He couldn't help but find himself... smitten with this girl's violence, her unique nervous brutality. It didn't hurt either that she was actually rather cute when she was cleaving heads the way she was... ripping through the boss's men just as easily as she did him. Dodging a spear-thrust by one of the men, the girl soon found herself face to smiling face of Demagogue, the skeleton gently waving at her as if this were just another beautiful day in the neighborhood. When she asked for him to pardon her, Demagogue shrugged his shoulders lightly before flashing her an almost sweet smile.

"By all means..." he offered as the girl went back to work. Occasionally, the skeleton applaud when she killed a man in spectacular fashion or nod in acknowledgement as she made a quick, decisive kill. Suffice it to say, this was a wonderful theater and he was falling in love with the lead actress...

And then someone got in the way... Some large man with a beard stood between a skeleton and his entertainment and that simply wouldn't do! Demagogue let out a sigh of annoyance as the man started to speak, his white glowing orbs rolling in their sockets. When the man asked if he was only one of his kind, The skeleton looked at him as if he were a bug on the floor, wondering if this man enjoyed living... If he would stand between a bloodbath and a demon, the poor fool MUST be having a bad day... he sympathized... Slowly, that look bled from Demagogue's features, revealing a kind smile underneath.

"My good man... there can only ever be one of me." Demagogue purred before the man was suddenly picked up by an invisible hand and gently placed back over by the hearth from which he came. The skeleton hadn't moved beyond his eyes shifting back down to watch the girl fight... only to find out the man had blocked out the ending with his massive girth. How......... disappointing. Not a single man stood as she looked around, everyone either dead or dying, the floors sanguine with blood.

The skeleton got up from his seat and walked over to the swords-woman in black, raising his hands to show he meant no harm. If one looked, they would see that his feet hovered just above the pools of blood, that his legs past through the many corpses that covered the floor. He paid the screaming barmaids no mind

"My lady." The demon bowed, sweeping his hat off his skull as he leaned in, almost the way an actor might at the end of a show. "That... that was marvelous. Well done. Superb! Excellent!" He clapped his boney hands smiling, widely, warmly, his sockets glowing with a soft, but radiant light.

"If you do this every time you go to a bar.... we'll have lots of fun..." His smile widened a bit more, seemingly an unnatural size. "But where are my manners...? I am Demagogue and you killed my client... For that, I am yours..." He offered his services to her not just because he was smitten, but she saved him from a few more boring days with this fool and his puppet-henchmen. Speaking of them... Demagogue opened a hand and small, maybe marble-sized balls of multicolored flames rose out of the dead-men's chests, coagulating into one larger ball in the demon's hands... their souls... Licking his teeth with a long, almost serpentine tongue (that came out of nowhere lol), Demagogue opened his jaws to consume it... before his eyes fell on the girl once more. He then smiled and closed his mouth again, sticking his fingers in the ball and pulling out a small, fragile blue soul, one that belonged to the man she butchered twice.

"Want one...?" He asked, holding it out to her, the soul hovering just above his palm. He spoke as if offering her a piece of candy.

SerOzimondios

Snow sat down on a seat body, cleaning her blade on the cape of the fallen spear man. She looked to her right, looking at the screaming barmaids, the fleeing men, and of course the two most interesting figures. A large, burly bearded man who seemed to have biceps the size of logs , and a skeletal figure who remained hooded and spoke to her with quite some charm. "My lady.." The figure bowed, pulling off his hat to reveal his bony head, Snow gave a nervous singular chuckle. "That... that was marvelous! Well done. Superb! Excellent!", the figure clapped his hands. Snowfall quietly rubbed her left forearm, looking down to the side with an embarrassed smile. She wasn't used to flattery in such a way like this, more so from a skeletal figure that oozed mystery.

Snowfall said something, so quiet is barely audible but clearly intended for a normal sentence and not a whisper. "O..oh..uhm...t-thank you..r-really.." She looked p with a nervous smile as she stood. She looked to the soul offered to her, shrieking lightly though not in fear, simply in playful surprise. "Hahaha..I'll skip to the m-main c-c-course.."

"I...I am" She paused, reluctant to give her name. She gave in after a moment, fair was fair after all. "Snowfall" She nodded, sheathing her blade. "W..who're you two?..and for t-the skeleton, what do you mean by 'I am yours?'..."

In the meantime. Snowfall was having very dirty thoughts.

SpeedLover

As he was roughly sat down by the invisible force, Arth contemplated the situation. A talking skeleton just willed him away, it felt like. This is no ordinary skeleton, evidently, especially with its boast about it being one-of-a-kind. He stood back up from his seat as he leaned in to watch and listen. The skeleton doffed its hat and... yup, it's a skeleton. Skull and all. No cheap southerner tricks here.

The boneman prattled on as the woman listened eagerly. Arth's big meaty mitt moved once again to the haft on his back as he wanted desperately to answer the skeleton's "I'm yours..." with a badass "No, you're mine!", though he decided against using his axe in this context. He didn't feel like getting picked up again- there's something unnatural about flying when you're as heavy as Arth. Too much inertia. "Hrmm..." what other options are there...

ARTH DUR, WHAT WILL YOU DO?:         
Party Members
[Attack]     
ARTH DUR
[  Talk  ] <-
HP: 100
[  Item ]     
SP: 100
[  Run  ]     
FP: 100

You decide to... talk. Your strong suit, obviously. You've got TONS of friends.

Not.

"So, er. Why'd you kill 'em?" you finally inquire of the lass. You're deciding to ignore the skelephant in the room, in the hopes that she'll explain it inadvertently.

Salzem

Demagogue found his smitten.....ness increase as the girl responded to his high praise with a nervous, almost gentle response. If the demon thought that was all there was to a girl, then he would've left her behind without question. Sweetness and fat was nice, but it didn't make up a full meal... But he had seen that girl fight, rip these men apart without so much as a hesitation. He saw the brutality and fire in her eyes and it almost matched that in is own... almost. When he offered the soul, the skeleton grinned even wider, sensing that her squeak didn't come from fear... it didn't fit her expression. No... she seemed almost delighted he could do this, that he offered her what drives any living being... If the skeleton had a heart, it would've grown three sizes that day for her...

In the mean while, she didn't want this soul  so he merely stuck it back into the ball of many an began munching away at the ball of life force, consuming dozens of souls at a time until nothing was left... Ah.. quality candy... Not the best in the room, though, he was certain... Demagogue smiled gently, as if to encourage calmness from the girl as she shakily revealed her name: "Snowfall". What a beautiful name... And appropriate, he dare comment, glancing outside where the blizzard was still going on... He wondered if she was from here, a place where everyone was named Snow or Ice or Tundra... He'd have to look into that later... Nothing a few well-placed favors couldn't handle.

"Like I said..." he repeated. "My name is Demagogue... a mere demon... at your service..." He bowed his head. "As for what I mean... it's exactly that, my lady... I am yours to do with as you wish... By killing these men, you freed me from a few more boring days of nothing and because of that... I'm in your debt..." He gently reached out a finger and lightly poked Snowfall's nose, smiling gently.

The man asked his follow up question why DID she kill then and the demon waved the question away as if it didn't matter..... because it didn't.... to him at least.

"Does it matter...?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the girl in front of him. "She's an artist..."

SerOzimondios

Snowfall gave a quite evil smirk. There were many thoughts going on in that naive, young head of hers. Many of those ideas you would not expect from a naive young girl who lived in the woods for almost her entire childhood. Such things were as follows.
"What should I have him call me"
"He's my slave now right?"
"I should start getting slaves, This is great
"This guy is a charmer, I need him for ....things that involve getting pretty woman at my side.
"I think if he always called my 'mistress' I'd feel like a goddess. Mistress works.

Snowfall cleared her throat, moving over to Demogagoue and Arth Dur. "An Artist?" She quipped with a raise in pitch and a loss of shyness. "Painter" She corrected. Her voice started to become alot more confident among the two, if even brash and rowdy. "And for the man with log arms- someone paid me and pointed at this man, pointed me to paint, Simple as that" Her glance turned towards the demon, her smirk growling wider, She leaned in towards his face, (Not litterally) but eyes fiery with excitement and planning and a smile that much matched her eyes. "IF, you are truly in my service.. You will call my mistress, and nothing less~" She patted his blank skull head and took a few steps back "So then, " She leaned against the bar. "Say, Northerner, what's your name? "

She questioned the big lumberjack of a man, She took a moment to examine his face, his body, his axe. She thought he looked rather decent for a Northerner, definitely stronger than most she had come across. She had hoped she could come along with her for her quest, along with the demon slave.

SpeedLover

Arth noticed her eyes looking at the axe, and moved to better cover it with his cloak as he stood up straighter: he usually slouches indoors to keep from hitting his forehead on doorframes. "Name's Arth Dur. Of the Sionad," he stated, in answer to her inquiry. "The painter met-phor kinda doesn't make any sense, by the way. Anyways, you're some sorta southerner, right? They got a lot of living skeletons down there? I'm heading to Connlaoth, myself." He gave Demagogue a sideways glance. The demon's cocky answer didn't quite sate Arth's curiosity. All he knew is that his break from marching through the snow had been delayed by this bloody bar fight, and the damn bartender probably ran off til the skeletons and murdergirls go away. The big baby. "Where's you all headed? My boots are getting soaked."

Salzem

"Heheheheheh..." The demon chuckled as the girl clad in black became nothing less than cheeky, leaning in close, requesting that he call her mistress and nothing else. Oh, she was trying to assert her dominance already, huh? One couldn't simply force a (so-called) god of destruction and chaos into subservience with an offer like that. Now, if she made an offer that benefited him in some way like... oh... he didn't know.... if she lost the scarf, hood, and the several dozen layers of armor that coated her skin MAYBE he'd consider it.

"...Don't push your luck there, girly." He chuckled, though his eyes were glowing a bit dangerously. When she reached up to pat his skull, her hand simply fazed through his body, the demon slipping his hat over his head.

Snowfall asked what the giant axe-wielding warrior's name was, and he responded with the unexpected answer of "Arth-Durr". No doubt that when he was born, his parents couldn't resist making a pun that would haunt their child for the rest of their days, a parody of the common name "Arthur." Poor kid... Poor this guy. People will be laughing at him behind his back for years...

"Don't push YOUR luck either, friend." The demon looked him over, his eyes glowing darkly. "You've yet to offer me anything worth telling you anything..." Demagogue looked over the man, trying to find anything of value and though his eyes did linger on his axe, he inevitably lost interest and returned to to his new "mistress".

Tags: