Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

An Average Morning (Blink, PM to join)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, April 21, 2017, 08:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

It was the screaming that woke him up. Groaning, Aahva Chatterjee rolled out of bed. The sun hadn't even risen yet, there was at least three hours before he had to be at school. Well, three hours before he was supposed to be at school- Aahva had other plans. Rubbing his eyes, he began to get dressed. He tried his hardest to ignore the yelling that was coming from the kitchen. "It's not going to make a difference whether I know what it's about or not."

After getting dressed, Aahva walked into the kitchen to see his parents arguing. His father had a bloody nose, and his mother was sobbing into a bottle of alcohol. "An average morning." he thought. Ignoring the two adults, Aahva made himself a tomato sandwich, packed it in a paper bag, and walked out the door. He didn't like being home while his parents were fighting like this, so it seemed like a good idea to head to the docks early.

After a fifteen minute walk, Aahva reached the docks. The sun was beginning to appear on the horizon now, and the local fishermen were already starting their daily routines. Walking over to the pile of crates where you usually met his friend Ankita, he sat down. It was only then that he realized just how tired he was- he'd gotten up far too early for his liking. "It'll be anther few hours before Kita gets here." Aahva thought sleepily. "I'm sure I'll wake up before then." He closed his eyes, and began to doze off...

Blink

As she did most days Ankita awoke a few minutes after the sun rose. Sitting up in her bed she ran her fingers through her short red hair to try and tame the beast it had manifested itself into throughout the night. This was a normal daily struggle for her, but eventually no matter how horrid it got, she was always able to at least somewhat wrangle the monster that was her hair.

After the beast that is her hair was vanquished Ankita slid the rest of the way out of her bed, not even bothering to straighten the blankets as she made her way towards her wardrobe to draw out her usual attire. Pulling her last sandal over her foot and tying a knot around her ankle she then made her way out of her room, remaining ever silent as she walked past both of her parents sitting in the main room eating their morning meals before breaking that silence with her usual farewell. "Bye..."

Ankita's father simply looked at her before returning to her meal.
"Ankita dear... you should really put a scarf on your head today..." Of course her mother was trying to make it seem like she needed a headscarf to protect her scalp from the sun, but Ankita knew the deeper meaning behind her words.

"No thanks." Still short with her parents as she stepped out of the door completely disregarding her mother's wishes.

As she walked towards her usual meeting place she couldn't help but wonder if Aahva would be skipping school again today. Ankita was placed in school when she was younger, but her parents couldn't really afford the private school most children in Thanati received, as well as the stigma of her hair getting in the way. This however did not mean she wasn't a well educated young girl. Ankita actually enjoyed reading, and was even trying to get Aahva to teach her common language used on the bigger isles.

After a few minutes of walking Ankita could hear the sound of the roaring ocean in the distance, as well as feel the salty wind caressing her tanned skin. Everyday she found beauty in such things and stopped to take in a deep breath. Continuing with her walk it didn't take long for her to see Aahva nestled beside the pile of crates left my fisherman for later use. She walked within mere feet of him and stared at him for a second, blushing at how serene he looked when he was sleeping.

Without Aahva she would be alone on this island, not really having a connection with anyone but him. This was how it was until she met him a few years ago. He was bullying an outed gay kid and she immediately jumped in. Since then it was fate, and they have been best friends ever since. Taking one last look Ankita walked up onto one of the docks and pulled a few pieces of coin out of her pocket. "Just the scraps" she stated to the caught off guard fisherman.

After taking her coin he handed her a bucket of something awful, salted water mixed with the bones and heads of fish that had already been cleaned and sent to market. Happily she accepted the bucket and almost skipped back over to Aahva who was still sleeping adorably against the crates.

"Get up you idiot!" she yelled with a smile on her face before pouring the contents of the bucket on him. "Your so lazy!" the moment his eyes would flutter open she would cross her arms on her chest, her entire demeanor changing so that her secret could remain just that... a secret.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva was forcibly woken up when his best friend Kita calling him an idiot. Groaning and rubbing his eyes, he felt an awful, slimy liquid hit him in the face. The smell hit him a moment later, causing him to gag. "Fish guts? She threw fish guts at me? Ewwwwwwwwww!" Standing up, he glared at the girl, who was currently giving him a coy smile. "Kita you retard! I'm going to smell like this all day! Now my parents are going to know I skipped school!" he yelled, though he wasn't really that angry- this was totally normal behavior for Kita, and it was unlikely Aahva's parents would stop arguing long enough to care where he had been that day.

"My parents will know I skipped school."

An idea suddenly hit Aahva, and he gave his friend a nasty grin. "Kita, you magnificent motherfucker. I bet that Jinta's parents would be pissed if they thought he missed school- he's at the top of our class! Do you have any more of that nasty shit?"

Blink

For the briefest of moments Kita felt a bit of remorse for having done something so thoughtless to Aahva. She was on the brink of apologizing but was quickly pulled out of it by Aahva's idea. Her coy smile grew wider at the thought of showing the smart ass Jinta that he wasn't as great as everyone believed him to be. "I bought it from him" Kita then turned to point at the small boat at the end of the dock, the fisherman still unloading his early morning catch.

However, it wouldn't be so simple the second time around. Kita had spent the majority of the small coin she even had on the bucket, a stupid decision now that she thought of it. Her families financial problems were always pointed at as a direct result of the 'bad luck' that surrounded her. Who would want to buy goods from a family so disgraced as hers? This was why she couldn't go to school, it was a cost her parents didn't see important enough to make. They barely had enough money to keep food on their table, much less give their red headed child spending money. In fact, if Aahva wasn't at the docks today she had plans to go help out whoever would take her just to earn some extra coin.

Shifting back towards the normal attitude she liked to carry around Aahva the young girl raised a brow. "Think your smart enough to go talk him out of more?" Her eyes were daring him to try. Leaning forwards a bit, her body movements mocking him  she laughed. "I mean you are a silly school boy afterall..."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva grinned. "Since when have I ever payed for something I wanted? I don't get an allowance, remember?" Looking at the fisherman eagerly, Aahva walked to the edge of the dock and quietly slipped into the water. Swimming under the dock, he reemerged behind the man and his wares. The fisherman was currently being distracted by a very pushy merchant who wanted Mola Mola at a lower price. "Idiots." Aahva thought with a smile.

After a few seconds of searching, Aahva found where the man had been keeping his scrap- a large tub underneath his cutting board. Aahva attempted to pick it up, but it was far too heavy for somebody his size to lift. "Fuck, now what?" Desperately looking around for a solution, he found one- the fisherman had left his coin purse laying out in the open. "Hah! This guy is a total retard!"

Aahva snatched the purse and quickly got back into the water, swimming back to where Kita was waiting. Upon pulling himself up onto the dock, he winked at her. "Hey Kita, check this out." he said, smiling cheekily. Walking up to the fisherman, he held out a few copper bits. "One bucket of fish guts, please." The fisherman gave Aahva an odd look, then shook his head. "Kids these days..." he grumbled as he took the money. A few moments later Aahva walked back to Kita, a bucket of grimy fish parts in his arms. "Okay, so that time I had to pay. It was a net loss for him though." He snickered, clearly proud of himself.

"You ready to go? School is an hour long walk from here, we'll need to leave soon if we want to get there before lunch break."

Blink

Ankita walked over to the stack of crates and took a seat as she watched Aahva work his magic. With a confused glare she saw him enter the water and then disappear under the dock before reemerging and only to climb atop the dock and walk up to the fisherman. "What in the-"

Settling herself a bit on the crate she crossed one of her legs over the other and leaned back on her palms, her body language the very essence of someone who thought they were too good to be here. However, when Aahva returned with pail of fish innards in hand she quickly stood up her mind already on the same track as his. She laughed with him for a moment over the wool he had just pulled over the fisherman's eyes before allowing her face to settle into something a bit more serious.

"I hope you know I am not helping carrying that all the way there."

She then started off in the direction of the school, not even waiting to check and see is he was following. Still a bit ahead of him Ankita placed a hand over her stomach when she felt it begin to gurgle. "Maybe we can get some money out of Jinta and his idiot friends. That combined with your find should be able to buy us lunch of our own."

Finally Ankita whipped around, walking backwards as she addressed Aahva further. "I would do anything for a papaya!" The excitement in her tone was evident, not to mention the smile of pure joy painted on her face. Ankita loved and hated many things but her ultimate weakness was a good Papaya. In fact she had grown so excited thinking of sinking her teeth into the sweet pulp inside of one that something more began to happen.

As if it appeared out of nowhere Ankita tripped over a tree root now protruding from the earth on the path she thought to be clear. With a soft thump her bottom hit the ground first as she did her best to brace for the fall with her hands, not much else really able to do when your falling backwards.

Now sitting on the ground Kita lifted her hands in front of her that stung from scratching them on the earth. By no means was she fatally injured, but the red irritation on her palms was evident. She felt like she could cry, not only from the stinging in her hands but also from the pure embarrassment of falling in font of Aahva.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Walking behind Kita, Aahva smirked. "I can't wait to see that smug asshole's face when we hit him with this shit! He's gonna be so pissed, especially since he wears those fancy wool clothes from the mainland. I bet his parents will freak out too!"

Kita began to talk about the possibility of buying lunch with Jinta's money. Aahvah was about to tell her that he packed his own lunch when Kita fell over. Unable to control himself, he let out a sharp burst of laughter. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Kita, you look like a fucking tard!"

"She also looks kinda cute."

Blushing just a little bit, Aahva reached out his hand to help Kita up. "C'mon dummy, it'll be alright. You don't look that hurt to me." 

Blink

Her humiliation was only intensified when Aahva began to laugh at her. Things like this always seemed to happen to her and times like this made everything seem so... unfair.

"Shut up you ass!"

Had it been anyone else they probably would have started crying, but not Ankita. "Crying is for weak minded people" she reminded herself just when she felt the tears begin to pool in the corners of her eyes.

But then something happened she wasn't quite prepared for, Aahva was offering a helping hand. Shocked by the action alone she kind of just stared at his hand like a foreign object for a second before finally grabbing it and allowing him to help pull her up.

And then there was a moment, one where she found herself not wanting to let go of his palm. "Let go" racing through her mind over and over again but for some reason she just couldn't... not yet. What was only a few seconds seemed like minutes as she continued to hold onto his hand before finally releasing her grasp.

By now her face was probably a full blown shade of crimson and she knew it, so quickly she turned away from him. "Thanks..." she mumbled, still not able to face him as she stared at the root protruding from the ground.

As soon as she felt it safe to face him again Ankita whipped around full force, stomping up to Aahva and kicking some dirt at him. "You're such an ass sometimes!" she screamed in an attempt to let out some pent up frustration. "That's just great. Be mean so everything can go back to normal."

"Maybe if you didn't walk so fucking slow I wouldn't have tripped." 

Turning away from him once more she began walking again, careful to step over the root this time. Ankita managed to sneak another look at her hands and they were indeed a bit scratched up, something she would have to attend to later at home.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva's cheeks flushed when Kita continued to hold his hand for a few seconds. As she pulled away and blamed him for her stumble, Aahva's eyes narrowed. "You were the one walking backwards, asshole. Don't blame me for shit when you're the one acting like a drug-addled monkey."

Suddenly, Aahva had an awesome idea. When Kita turned around, he would attempt to push her back onto the ground. He would then sprint down the road towards he school.

"Race you there, bitch!"

Blink

Normally Ankita would take Aahva's harsh words with a grain of salt, and this time was no exception. She was happy he was talking to her this way only because it meant things had quickly shifted back to normal. However, despite the fact her hands were still stinging they were also warm and tingly as she tried to place the memory of holding his hand even for the briefest of seconds somewhere safe in her mind.

So as she walked assuming Aahva was following her she was taken by surprise when she was shoved back into the ground. She fell forwards on her hands and knees. "You are such an asshole!" something she had called him several times already today.

Except this time she stood back up on her own, brushing off her knees before sprinting after Aahva. He already had gotten a significant headstart and she knew there was no way she could fairly catch up to him. But when was Ankita ever fair?

As they raced down the path towards the school they passed many buildings and villagers, most of them probably assuming they were just two kids playing a game of chase. Is that not what they were doing anyways? Except Ankita stopped when a rotten coconut was laying on the ground. Kneeling down she picked it up and quickly began running again and when she thought she was close enough she chucked it at Aahva hoping it would hit him square in the back of the head.

She wasn't going down without a fight, and losing to Aahva meant having to listen to him gloat about it the rest of the day.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva laughed as he dashed down the road, bucket of fish guts held tightly in his arms. He could hear Kita yelling profanities from a ways behind him, which only made him laugh harder. "Idiot!" he called out to her. "You'll never be able to beat me at this point, you're too far behind! You may as well give up!" A wicked grin appeared on Aahva's face when he saw the school in the distance. "Yes! I'm going to win!"

Something suddenly struck Aahva in the back of the head, causing him to fall over. "No!" he cried out desperately as he tried not to spill his bucket. Landing flat on his stomach, he managed not to drop any of the fishy sludge- but he could feel something slimy running down the back of his neck from where he'd been hit. Touching the liquid with his hand and then smelling it, Aahva recoiled. "Ew! Is this rancid coconut milk?" he asked as Kita ran past him. "Oh shit!" he thought as he quickly got back up and gave chase. "You cheating cocksucker! I hope you get cancer!"

Blink

The smile that was now evident on her face could only be caused by one thing... Aahva losing. Laughing as she sidestepped past Aahva and raced for the school Ankita was determined to be the one to win. "Says the boy who shoved a girl to the ground!" she yelled in response to his own insult.

"Didn't know you liked eating dirt so much!" another snide comment she couldn't help but share as she closed the distance between herself and the circle stoned path that marked they were on school property. With one final large step her foot touched the edge of the stone. Whipping around with hands now on her hips she glared at Aahva.

"I win..." She then smiled and did a little victory dance on the stone as if she needed to rub it in further. However, when Aahva got close enough she would quickly look him up and down to assure herself he hadn't sustained any injuries from his fall caused by her.

"You know they say that coconut pulp is good for your skin... perhaps you should rub it in a little." Ankita then scrunched her nose at him and did a circular motion with one of her fingers pointing at him.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva finally reached the school grounds to see his friend doing a victory dance. It would be unclear if the face he was making was because he was angry, or because of the smell emanating from the bucket. "Why do you keep throwing all this fucking nasty-ass shit at me?" he whined. "First the fish, then the coconut, and the other day you kept throwing eggs! I don't throw things at you." He smirked. "You don't need to smell horrible for people to avoid you."

Immediately Aahva regretted saying it. Kita's hair had always been a touchy subject, and here he was attacking her with it. "Oh fuck, please don't be too mad. I still remember what happened when Feeri started bitching at you about it." Aahva shuddered. "I don't want a second asshole."

As if Inima herself was trying to step in, the school lunch bell rang. "Alright! It's time!" Aahva said, happy to change the subject. "Come on, or we'll miss him!" Motioning for Kita to follow him, Aahva ran behind a palm tree and waited. Every day Jinta and his friends went to the small restaurant in town for lunch instead of eating the nasty food the school served- one of the perks of being part of the commerce caste. Loking down at the contents of the bucket, Aahva smiled. "When they're off school grounds, that when we make our move. Okay?"

Blink

Ankita's smug smile quickly disappeared at Aahva's comment. Of course he would make a silent jab at her hair, only proving to her that her feelings towards him were very one sided. Instead of her usual comeback though Kita fell silent, fearing that any kind of response would only worsen his teasing at her locks.

Even when the school bell rang Ankita didn't act excited, but instead simply nodded and followed Aahva as he motioned for her to do so. Quietly she took her place behind another palm tree as Aahva did and waited for everthing to be set into motion.

For some reason she found herself anxious to see Jinta covered in fish guts, perhaps to distract her from her own misery at the moment. One thing was for sure... something that not even Aahva knew.... Jinta was going to be getting more than a bucket full of sludge thrown at him today now.

Slowly, the excitement grew within her as Ankita began to tighten her fists. She felt she was going to have to punch Jinta with every bit of strength she had, only to prove to Aahva she wasn't weak. "Yeah that's it... if you beat up Jinta good enough Aahva wont make fun of your hair ever again."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva smiled when Kita stood beside him. "Ok, good, she's not too upset. That's a relief." Aahva couldn't afford to alienate his only friend over a stupid joke. Peering out from behind the tree, he saw Jinta exit the school gate. But there was something different this time- Jinta was alone. His nerdy friends, who were normally a few steps behind him, were nowhere to be seen. "Perfect"

Waiting until Jinta had passed the tree, Aahva quietly began to follow him, bucket of fish guts in hand. Aahva did his best to step in time with the other boy's footsteps, so as not to be heard. Finally, after a minute or so, Jinta was in reach.

"Hey Jinta! Fuck you, you pansy-ass dweeb!"

Aahva slammed the bucket on top of the boys head, spattering him in fish entrails. "Enjoy smelling like seagull shit you gaylord!" Turning around, Aahva gave Kita a grin. "Man, I bet she thinks I'm so cool right now!"

Blink

At first she stood back and watched Aahva in action, slightly impressed with his stealth as he followed Jinta and then threw the bucket on top of his head. She even managed to laugh a little at his name calling, but not before blushing at him smiling at her. All of this was shortlived though as she remembered what she had been planning to do.

Then without any warning she bolted from beside the tree, running full force at Jinta with his bucket still on his head. Ripping off the bucket Ankita threw it to the ground. "Suprise motherfucker!" Her last words before slamming her fist square into his face.

It was no surprise that he fell to the ground, fish guts soaking into his clothes and mixing with the dry dirt. From there she continued to beat him senseless, digging her fists into his face and ribs over and over again as he cried out in pain. "Think your so much better than us!" She paused to jab another fist into his side.

Despite how much Jinta tried to fight back Ankita didn't stop.. she wouldn't. Over and over again she threw her fists into his body beating the bloody pulp out of the poor kid.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva watched in glee as Kita began to beat Jinta senseless. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Go Kita go! Knock his teeth out!" he cheered, nearly doubling over with laughter. "Show that pube-munching queer who's in charge!" Aahva's cheeks flushed a bit. "She's really cute when she's kicking ass." he thought.

"Cool. She's cool when she's kicking ass." he corrected himself. After a few minutes of cheering Kita on, Aahva began to get bored. "Alright, I think we're good. Let's take his wallet and get out of here." But Kita didn't stop. "Um, Kita? We need to go, before somebody hears us." he said, getting a bit anxious. When Kita didn't respond, Aahva took it upon himself to pull her off the sniveling boy. "Calm down you crazy bitch, if you kill him than he won't be alive for us to fuck with anymore."

Holding both of Kita's arms behind her back, he looked down at the girl's handiwork. Jinta had stopped screaming a while ago, and was now simply sobbing into the dirt. Aahva couldn't tell if the blood on the boy's clothes was his own or if it was from the fish guts, and he didn't particularly care. Letting go of his friend, he knelt down and smiled at Jinta. "I'm awfully sorry about that." he said, not feeling sorry at all. "She gets really angry when she's sees stuck-up losers like you."

Jinta said nothing, and merely shook his head, crying. Aahva smirked. "It's okay though. there's a really easy way to get us to leave." He reached into Jinta's pocket and pulled out his coin purse. It was about as heavy as you'd expect from the son of a wealthy silk merchant, and for a moment Aahva was distracted by the jingling of coins inside. After a moment he continued, smiling kindly at the boy on the ground. "May we please have this?"

Jinta nodded quickly, and Aahva stood back up. He looked at his friend, hoping she had calmed down. "He say's we can have it Kita! Isn't that nice of him?" He looked back down at the boy, then kicked him in between the legs. "Go back to school before lunch ends, retard. You don't want to fuck up your perfect attendance, do you?" With this, Aahva began to walk back down the road laughing. "Come on Kita, lets get food!"

Blink

The sound of Aahva in the background was nonexistent as far as Ankita was concerned. She heard nothing and felt nothing as she continued to sink her fists into the boy underneath her. It wasn't until at first one arm, then two were being held behind her back and she was being pulled off of Jinta that reality began to come into play.

Kita was afraid at first that it was a teacher or another adult pulling her off the boy, not yet establishing that it was in fact Aahva who had ahold of her. "Great going Kita... bring more shame to your family than you already do. However, when she turned around and saw that it was Aahva she was even more mortified.

"Oh god oh god he is touching me!" Her face immediately flushed red from the embarrassment. Thankfully by now he wasn't paying much attention, having already let go of her arms and talking to what was left of Jinta on the ground. As far as she could tell Aahva was acting as if nothing had happened at all, and for that she was thankful.

Instead Aahva managed to get Jinta to give him his coin purse, one that she could even see from a distance was plenty full. With his suggestion of going to get something to eat Kita went to follow him, only to discover that somehow the sole of one of her sandals had broken. "Hold up!" she shouted before kneeling down to pull off the now defective shoe. Examining it further she realized it wasn't the sole but a leather strap that almost looked like it had rotted away in one spot.

Thinking nothing more of it she reached over and untied her other sandal, holding both of them in her hand now as she started off towards Aahva. When she finally caught up she smiled at him, acting once again as if nothing at all had just happened. "Think there is enough coin in there to get lunch and a new pair of sandals? My parents will kill me if they find out I destroyed another pair."

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Aahva turned his head to grin at Kita. "You forget," he said, a smug expression on his face. "I got two coin purses today." He held up the fisherman's purse triumphantly, then laughed. "We'll have enough for lunch, shoes, and have money left over for tomorrow!"

As the two friends approached the market stalls, Aahva smiled. He'd always liked window shopping, but now that he had money he could actually buy the things that caught his eye. "Lets get Kita new shoes first though, the old ones have fallen off her feet three times now." he told himself. Finding the merchant with the largest selection, he turned to his friend.

"Which ones do you want? You can get some nice ones if you like, you've earned them." He smiled. "That was a really good punch!"

Blink

With so many options Kita could have gone wild looking at all of the nice sandals. "Best not to get a pair that is too nice. My mother will know they are different sandals regardless... but I do deserve them." She giggled a bit before sneaking in a glance at Aahva.

Scanning her selection Ankita walked up to a simple pair of brown sandals, quite similar to the broken pair she was holding in her hand. However, this pair had leather with a lovely pattern on the straps. Such fine work must have taken whoever made them hours to make. Smiling as wide as she could she pulled the sandals from the shelf and held one up to her foot to ensure they would fit. For once luck seemed to be on her side as they seemed to be perfect.

"I am going to tell my parents you bought them for me as a gift."

She could picture it now that her mother would lose her mind that a boy had allegedly bought her a gift. "Best not tell her we went to lunch together either or she may melt into a puddle on the floor."

Ankita then handed the sandals to Aahva so that he could pay for them. "I am glad you agreed to get me new sandals. It is the least you can do since you had me do all the work in beating up Jinta you puss."

Tags: