Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Festival of Mirrors (MINI-EVENT FOR THE CONNLAOTHIAN CIVIL WAR)

Started by visualspice, May 14, 2017, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

In an attempt to win over more affections of the working class of Connlaoth (basically where the Grand Duke is drafting all of his soldiers from as a mandatory draft that all duchies must adhere)- he's decided to take on a park like structure and present it as a gift to the public, that the poor and noble alike can all take part in and enjoy.

I'm thinking about having this be in Matron's hallow, and the main building in this peasant friendly 'park' is going to be an open but large, 'Hall of Mirrors', where large, iconic mirrors that represent each of the duchies of Connlaoth will be on display. The idea is this hall is meant to remind and unify all of the Connlaoth, that we are one and one is all sort of deal, and that each duchy is a reflection of the country- and a reflection of each other. The mirrors are to face each other inwardly, so in a circle of sorts, but in an open enough fashion many guests can walk through and around them. They are meant to be tall, powerful and strong looking (approximately two stories high for each mirror, give or take) and will be seen as a place for casual meetings, but no one aim in particular- simply a work of architecture for all to enjoy.

Outside there is to be landscaped lawns in a park like setting, similar to the gardens all nobility tends to own on their own lands. Seeing how gardens are quite the thing associated with nobility, the Grand Duke seeks to take a piece of his life and share it with all of those within his country- so basically a lush garden for everyone to see and enjoy. It'll be the first of it's kind, and again, a public space all can enjoy!

It's opening day the Grand Duke will host a week long festival to celebrate ALL people and ALL the duchies of Connlaoth, despite the on going civil war still taking place.

More information is to come, but there will be no limits to who can attend- but note there will be soldiers and guards on duties, and nobles are encouraged to attend to 'make face' with the public. They are not required, but their refusal to attend will be seen poorly by the Grand Duke. Known enemies of the crown COULD attend however, it'd be a heavily guarded event but also a densely populated one- so it's possible spies and enemies could hide there :D and you know, enjoy the festival so long as they're not caught <3

Most guards, obviously, would be situated closest to the well to do crowd (ie- the Grand Duke, other dukes and nobles, etc)

This will be taking place in late fall, before any snow fall, but most of the trees will have lost their leaves by now <3

Since the festival will be week long to celebrate with the public, please don't hesitate to post your ideas of what you'd like to see have happen at this event!
There will definitely be discussions on the end of the harvest season and the worry for the on coming winter (and the hopes it won't be as bad as the winter the mage camps had fell...)
After all, another bad winter would not do well for Connlaoth at all!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Wrathwyrm

HMMMMMMM...

You're gonna post a link when it's ready, right?

Because I'm thinking...

A robbery...

Blink

Hmmm.... (totes not doing big font cuz I am too lazy to code it)

How many things can I throw Bean into... hmmm indeed.

Imma have to think this one over

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

Debating bringing this idea into fruition.  Anyone interested? It would happen after the StarBall event.

visualspice

So I'm looking into pushing this as an open plotting event for the civil war for character meet and greet potential. Granted, not all active civil war characters may be present but it's a good start for some as it's a public event meant to bring a sense of unity to the masses (read the initial posting for more insite) Posting this to see who might be interested!

Kingfisher

Alexis would likely be inclined to attend.  She's a mercenary officer and it would give her the opportunity guage her potential clients and adversaries.

Aidan

Janos would almost certainly be there. Sounds like it could be really interesting!

visualspice

Oh good, interest, moohooha. Guess I'll look into which characters of mine ought to attend!

visualspice

I'm going to attempt to post something up for this today, or tomorrow, so expect a post here when that happens!
It's going to be an OPEN thread to anyone and a group thread, so no real rules except don't break the place? XD
Debating who to initiate the thread and would be the most fun...
Might lean towards Kentamin... hrmm..
Maybe even have my character Jinai sneak in there.
Either way, I'm excited!
The Grand Duke might make a brief appearance, but I wouldn't expect him to be there for any duration of this thread :D
He r a busy man.

visualspice

I just made a thread!
Only character easy to interact with is Kentamin, but I might bring in others- depending on how the thread goes!

But here it is: http://www.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=26523.msg384756#msg384756

Feel free to join in if you wish! It's a good, small starting point for anyone curious about the civil war- or wanting to get back into the swing of things with this event!

Tags: