Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Kingfisher - Wants and Limits

Started by Kingfisher, May 21, 2017, 09:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingfisher

PLAYER WANTS
What are your favorite types of plots and relationships to play?
I'm fairly adaptive, I like to dabble in stories that fit with any of my characters, and I don't like the idea of gating off styles or plotlines or pigeon-holing myself into a handful of narratives.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Hard to say.  Romance is difficult given my lack personal experience or interest for it IRL.  However, again, I don't like to limit my options and, given my characters aren't me, I'd be willing to dabble.

What are your favorite characters types to play?
I don't like to dominate a topic and I generally play characters that support the narrative rather than rule it.

Are you a planner or a pantser?  Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
I'd like to be flexible, but I'm definitely more of a planner.  It can be difficult for me to build off of a thread when it veers away from what I expected, and I can struggle to come up with reasonable follow ups.

How do you feel about group threads?
I'm open to them.  3-4 is probably the most comfortable for group works.

How often can you reply to any given thread?  How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
Variable.  Internet stability issues and writers block are a nightmare for me of late.

What is the longest you are willing to wait for reply to a thread?
Hard to say without feeling like a hypocrite.  Learned to mostly play it by ear.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers?  If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
I don't really use an IM service so no.

Are you open to post volleying?
Maybe.  It can be a bit challenging to come up good posts that push the narrative along, especially on the fly and I don't always have as much free time as I would like.

What's your preferred posting style? Long post?  Short post?  Anything and everything?
I'm adaptive.  So long as the post has changed the scene, even a little, it should give users something to work with.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

PLAYER LIMITS
What are your limits regarding powerplay/godmodding?
Context is key.  In most cases it should be avoided, and never control a user's primary.  However, in a meta capacity, Powerplays can be used to keep a plot from going off the rails.  If you don't want my character to open a door just yet, feel free to grab them.  This not only stops me from doing that, but tells me that what I wrote ran the risk of breaking the narrative.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
Highly character dependent.  Much of my roster is Ace, Aro or both and I lack interest and experience in meat-space to inform the interaction.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
Over 18.  Again, not much experience, but sexuality is often tied to romance so such things would be bound to happen.  Obviously willing to timeskip the act to get onto more relevant narratives.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy in plots?
No way around accidents (both happy and unhappy) and they can work for storytelling.  I will generally say that the one playing the female character has ultimate control over the direction of the pregnancy.

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
This is probably where I'll get most finicky and anal.  My interest in medieval settings began with an interest in medieval weapons and their use.  So, while I am very much open to descriptive combat, impractical actions and implausible weapon design can easily break my immersion.

Also, in the case of dealing damage through armor, err on the side of defense.  If a silk handkerchief can stop a bullet, imagine what iron can do...

What are your limits in regard to abuse/rape in plots?
Generally, avoid it.  I feel it rarely adds to the narrative directly.  Whether used to create tension or opportunity for heroics, there are usually better narrative tools to go with.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
I'm open to it.  Players don't need to ask but give me a chance to prevent being cursed/turned/etc.

What about healing?
Context and specific character are vital here, but by and large, I am not opposed to it.

Anything else?