Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Foolhardy Odyssey [DragonSong]

Started by Marakai Trin, June 13, 2017, 02:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marakai Trin

Itachi stepped back at her show of magic, almost sure she was going to surprise him and blow him in half, despite her words. And then he heard...what was Antiana's wolf? Just who was this woman.

And then it seemed as if something went...wrong. He observed the odd light flashing between them, a pulsating crimson show that seemed to connect the two of them for a moment before disappearing.

He didn't feel any different, and suddenly he began to laugh.

"Wha' was tha'? Ya don' appear to 'ave gone anywhere, bird, an' if ya were tryin' ta kill me, it didn' even tickle. No' so 'igh an' mighty now, are ya bird?" He laughed again, hard, his whole body shaking from it.

After a moment, though, he noticed she wasn't moving, and immediately wondered just what she had done. "'Ey, bird, ya alright there? Wherever yer plannin', it can't be healthy if'n it involves lyin' down in the desert."

DragonSong

It took a few moments for the ringing in her ears to die down. The human's voice sounded oddly distant and she glared up at him fuzzily. "Shut...up," she growled weakly, struggling back to her feet.

Well. It seemed he hadn't been lying about being the one to awaken her.

Damnit.

Neria suddenly roared, a primal, gutteral scream that seemed to nearly rent the air as she threw one hand skyward, sending up a blast of flame so hot it burned pure white. It was almost worth the exhaustion that washed over her to vent the anger, and she staggered as her strength bled away once again.

Marakai Trin

Itachi stepped back again as she did her thing, shooting fire into the sky and whatnot. He blinked when she seemed to weaken once again, staggering slightly.

He only grinned. He wasn't afraid of mages. He'd killed more than a few in his time. "So, ya tell me ta shut it, an' then ya go screamin' yer frustrations at th' clouds. Why don' you shut it, an' tell me wha's got yer unders in sucha bunch, huh?"

He was still deliberately trying to get under her skin, be the itch for her to scratch at and wear herself out even further. Perhaps then she'd be easier to deal with.

DragonSong

Residual power crackled over Neria's skin and she growled at him, deep and animalistic.

Even if she wanted to kill him now- which was seeming more and more like an appealing option- she couldn't.

"Congratulations," she spat. "You have effectively leashed an Arcane Warrior."

Marakai Trin

Itachi reeled. He stopped and stared while he thought to himself. But, despite his brilliant mind, he has to concede.

"I....did what now? I leashed....ya mean I'm stuck witcha now? Are ya fuckin' serious?" He blinked, wondering idly whether this situation was a good or a bad one.

"So....wha's tha' mean, exactly? Other than th' idea tha' ya can't hurt me, 'parently."

DragonSong

Her lip curled back in distaste. "It means I am bound to you," she hissed. "When you woke me, what was left of the spell that kept my power locked was transferred to you. I...cannot harm you, nor travel very far from your presence." Not if she wanted to figure a way out of this mess and go home.

Marakai Trin

Itachi stood and stared, the gears in his head working double time. This could either go very well, or very, very badly. After a moment, his eyes closed, and he took a deep breath.

What a situation this was.

"So...lemme ge' this straight. Yer basically stuck wit' me now, an' there's nothin' ya can do about it, leastwise no' right now."

He opened his eyes, and turned toward Essyrn - night was rapidly falling, and he could see the lights in the distance.

"Now...I usually don' min' havin' a pretty bird like yerself followin' me aroun'...but somethin' tells me tha'....this partnership of sorts is gonna be slightly caustic, yeah? So....here's me idea. A proposition o' sorts."

He turned back to face her, jade eyes gleaming as the setting sun shined on his face. "We 'ead towards Essyrn, get us a couplea 'orses an' a fuckin' wagon, resupply, an' 'ead back north. There's no fuckin' way we'd be gettin' outta th' desert with one fuckin' waterskin."

He walked toward her, grinning all the while, and leveled a pointed finger at her face. "We go ta yer Seren-fuckin'-dipity and fin' someone ta undo this li'l situation of ours, an' we both go on our merry fuckin' ways. Sound good, bird? Oh, an' I s'pose I can't keep callin' ya that."

He lowered his hand, and mock bowed to her. "Th' names Itachi. Mos' wanted man in Adela, an' bandit extraordinaire. Charmed, I'm sure. So, then. Wha's the name o' the spitfire I'll be walkin' next ta fer the foreseeable future, eh?"

DragonSong

Part of her wanted to dismiss his plan as overly simple- not to mention irritating- just ok principle. But that would be juvenile...not to mention it was the most reasonable solution to their current predicament.

"Very well," she sighed, eyeing him with obvious distaste. "I suppose I can suffer through these weeks."

Marakai Trin

"Ugh. I asked yer name, woman, not whether yer gonna go wit' me 'r not. No' like ya 'ave a choice in th' matter anyway, hmm?"

Itachi shrugged and turned away. "Oh well. I'll jus' 'ave ta make up a name fer ya. 'Ow does 'high horse elfy pants' soun' ta ya?"

He grinned and started walking towards the city, hands shoved in his pockets.

DragonSong

She had to resist the urge to send another blast of fire at him. Stars only knew what would happen if she actually tried to hurt him.

"You have obviously not met many Fae," she spat as she moved along behind him, watching him warily. "We do not disclose our names so easily." In fact it was rude to ask- which was why she'd ignored his question at first.

Although....well, even without her full name, he had a decent hold over her as it was. Not that she'd admit it.

Marakai Trin

"Well, obviously. Tell ya the trut', I haven't met any Fae. At leas', not full blooded ones. Mos' 'r jus' claimin' a teeny bit o' blood from way back when."

He shrugged, and glanced over his shoulder at her. "So, yer a Fae, huh? Had ya figured for some kinda elf. So, then, I guess I call ya ' 'igh 'horse Fae pants' instead. 'R Maybe sommat else, tha' don' roll offa th' tongue too well. Gotta call ya something, anyway."

He turned his head back to the path ahead, smiling. Well, at least now he knew what she was. If she wouldn't tell him anything, he'd just piss her off until she inadvertently divulged what he wanted to know.

"Th' 'Fantastic Fae Bird!' Tha's wha' I'll call ya."

DragonSong

Her eyes flashed, animalistic. "If you must call me anything...Wolf will do."

It was a moniker she'd never wanted, but she wore it proudly all the same. If he insisted on ridiculous titles, she may as well give him one of her actual ones. "And what is this..."bird"?" what part of her seemed avian to him?

Marakai Trin

"Wolf, eh? Ya don' look like a wolf ta me. There a story behind tha'?"

He glanced over his shoulder with a flat expression. "An'...really? Ya ain' heard tha' expression before? Bird refers ta a girl. A pretty one, ta be specific, bu' I ain' picky, mind. No' tha' I'm in'tristed, either. Go' another bird on my min', anyway, so don' get all hot under th' collar 'bout it."

DragonSong

Neria curled her lip at him. Bird. She did not like that.

"Believe me, human, were you...interested, and if you so much as moved to touch me, I would sever your manhood." The curse wouldn't stop her from doing that, not if she put her mind to it.

Ignoring his comment about her title and its story, she added, "Much of what you say seems to be gibberish to me." Just how long had she been asleep?

Marakai Trin

Gibberish? The accent, or his vocabulary in general? He smirked a bit, and turned toward the path again.

"Well, then, I suppose my manhood is safe from you, then. No need to get so....assertive about it, in any case." He'd dropped the fake accent, now, wondering if she'd even react.

DragonSong

"Much better." She eyed him sidelong. "I don't know why you insisted on keeping up that preposterous facade." She'd known the accent was false, he'd dropped it briefly before after all- she couldn't imagine why someone would speak in such a way intentionally.

Marakai Trin

"The accent is a mask, of sorts. Throws people off, makes them underestimate me."

He tossed a glance over his shoulder, jade eyes narrowing slightly at her.

"Well. Most people. Apparently, you're one of the smart ones." Itachi turned back around and muttered under his breath, "Lucky me...."

------

It was fully dark when they finally reached Essyrn, and getting rather chilly as the sun disappeared over the hilly horizon. Itachi was rather glad for his coat - most people thought him a fool for wearing such a long, thick garment everywhere he went, but it certainly had it's uses - not the least being its original purpose.

"So, then. I don't know just how far this...binding between us will let us move away from each other. But, I'm not going far if you'd rather stay out here. Your appearance may garner you the wrong kind of attention, and I'd rather you not get us both roped into fighting in the colosseum."

He leaned against the outer sandstone wall of the city, arms crossed over his thin chest. "I'm known here, so I'll be fine, and you will be too, so long as you stay close. So, stay here, or come with me. Your choice, Wolf."

DragonSong

Neria- or Wolf, as she supposed she must accustom herself to being called- blinked at him laconically. "It is not truly distance that is a challenge," she sighed after a moment. "Truly, I could be some thousand leagues from you and neither of us would suffer ill effect. I simply...cannot go home."

She couldn't leave the mortal plane while bound to the man. Not to mention, it was probably in her best interest to keep an eye on him while her soul was tied to his. Just in case.

"I will accompany you," she decided after a moment, frowning. Her eyes flickered over the towering wall. "I have...never been to Essyrn physically. This shall be...an experience."

Marakai Trin

Itachi smirked, his head declining and his eyes closing.

"An experience indeed. Just remember to stay close, and don't do anything rash, and we'll be fine." He chuckled a bit, and pushed off the wall, walking toward the front gate and, thus, the torchlight illuminating it.

"If you do get yourself in trouble, I won't hesitate to leave you here, if distance truly isn't an issue. You can fight your way out of the  colosseum, I'm sure."

Truth be told, he likely wouldn't leave her there, nor would he leave anyone that travelled with him. It seemed simply like a good motivation for her to behave.

DragonSong

Wolf laughed. Her sharp canines flashed in the torchlight, eyes glinting and reflecting the light in an unsettlingly predatory way.

"That's perhaps the first sensible thing I've heard from you," she noted easily. "Although, I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't warn you that if I die, so do you." She shrugged. "Though there is hardly much chance of that happening."

Tags: