Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Strange Coincidence.

Started by WallyD, September 02, 2017, 07:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

"I've been caught before. Stealing." Canary said chuckling. They didn't mind sharing, it never bothered them before and they now know that others might not be as accepting as most. Hence the almost care free nature. "Another time I was caught by some men from Connlaoth. But I have to say the worst situation I've been in was killing a bunch of people."

Wrathwyrm

"Yes...I've killed people before, as well.  I wouldn't say I was caught doing that, but that would be because they were dead."

It's a little hard for the dead to catch you up after you've killed them.  Now, the undead...  That's a different story.  On the whole, Keefe did not like the undead.  Her experience with them, of late, had been...hazardous.  Now, this sharing was alright, but the two most-harmful moments of her life were sort of off-limits.  She didn't want to talk about the awakening of her powers, which had led to alot of death.  That was personal.  That was traumatizing.  She was only a child, then.  She hadn't even told Sano about it, and he was his protege'.  Instead...

"I have no need of stealing, really.  You see, I can do things like create money.  It'll be real too.  All the right markings, made of all the right material."

Now, she smirked.

"You can see why the King of Connlaoth hates magic."

WallyD

Canary gapped at Keefe, not really believing what they just heard.

"You can make you own money? That is so cool! I can't really do much with my own magic. Lift things here, crush another there, stop sharp objects mid throw. So do you mealt the metal with or magic or do you just apply alot of pressure?"

Wrathwyrm

Yes, she thought the notion of cheating the economy might interest them.

"Oh, it's definitely under pressure, as nothing I've ever altered has shown to be hot, after the fact."

It was also more complicated than that, as while she has changed metals from steel - for instance -  into gold, equally impressive would be REcreation factor, to create more metal from various other pieces of metal.  Duplication, as it were.

"I know you can feel the metal in your mind, resonating with something in your being.  That is how you target it, of course, with your feats.  To bend and mold and change metal...  That takes will and stamina.  Of all the elements, metal is the most stubbornly rigid.  You have to think mountains of thought at it to press it into form."

As she was saying this, the tynes of the form pressed together and it was pushed into the shape of a knife, just like the one whose end was separating apart to become a fork.

WallyD

Canary watched in fascination, never taking their eye off of the metal. It was beautiful to watch the change. Each movement looked like a hot knife moving through butter. Smooth. Canary made sure to pay attention to every word as well. There is a high chance that Canary could not do what Keefe just did. Their mind is constantly tired and they already have a hard time going to sleep and waking up. Canary doubted they had the stamina.

"So, it is just like real strength then?" Canary asked, looking at Keefe. "I mean. It takes a lot of pressure of the world to even form gold. There aren't even enough people to apply enough pressure to make a piece of gold. How could a mind?"

Wrathwyrm

Keefe switched the knife and fork around, since they were now opposite their original orientation..

"Well, you see...there are two things that I have learned, after years of practice, and all the time taken to train another like us."

She had, after all, experience not just in the learning process, but in the teaching.  So, technically, this was easier now, for being the second time around.

"The first is that the pressure of magic is a force equal-to or greater-than ordinary nature.  Magic forges fireballs from thin air and propells it at incredible speed.  Magic summons demons and raises zombies.  Magic creates earth tremors where it was impossible to have them before.  Magic can do many things, as long as one has the ability to call upon power and shape it according to need."

She raised her glass, quietly asking for more to drink.  Someone would be over momentarily to give a refill and make note of it on her bill.  Keef continued.

"The other thing is imagination.  People come up with things, or they think of things in dreams alot.  Weird things.  We have one hell of an imagination, to be sure.  If you can imagine an image and concentrate the forces on that image, and you are attuned to some kind of magical force, you will make something happen.  In my case, I could turn these utinsils into little statuettes...but I won't.  The owner asked me to stop a long time ago."

Bit of a sheepish smile there...or possibly one of mischief.  One can hardly tell.

Tags: