Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

To Question Morals{DragonSong}

Started by WallyD, December 18, 2017, 07:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallyD

"Well I sure hope so." Julien said grinning. "Caretakers tended to be a perminate hired hand and live directly on the property. Their house tends to be a bit away from the main house and a lot smaller. It shouldn't be a problem."

He looked back at her, his grinning widening to a large smile. "We just have to get over the wall, avoid the guards, pass through the grounds, and get into the building. Anything after that is unknown. Don't know the amount of guards inside and I sure as hell don't have a clue where the vault could be. We could make a detour to the Caretaker if that is something you want to do. He might even has th layout of the place."

Julien winked and look ahead again. The manson was just around the corner. By now the sky was almost completely black and the rain had soaked Julian, making his black hair stick to his face. I should have brought a better coat...

DragonSong

Kiara's curly hair had started matting to her face and neck and she shot him a quick, annoyed glare. "Okay. So apparently neither of us was properly briefed for this," she muttered. "Wonderful."

With a little sigh she rubbed at her temple and clicked her fingers to summon the thin shield of warmth around her body gain. It was a bit more difficult this time, but she didn't think it should drain her too badly.

"We've got...nothing in terms of disguise? We're not merchants, or what-have-you?"

WallyD

Julian shrugged.

"I've got this sword. And that one." He pointed at the cloth on his back. "I also got amazing skills."

He looked back down and saw her sour face. He sighed.

"If it makes you feel better, since it is raining there will probably be no guys out. It is after dinner so everyone will most likely be asleep or drunk. The doors are easy to pick lock and despite it being a mansion with three floors, it's still pretty small. And everyone knows the basic layout for a house so we can easily by pass most rooms. When you have as much experience as I, you get pretty good at small things like this."

DragonSong

Kiara rolled her eyes. "I'd still be a whole lot more comfortable if there was a real plan involved," she muttered.

WallyD

Julian huffed flicking his hair out of his eyes.

"Do you want to spend an extra two days having someone scouting up ahead? Or do you want to spend a hour figuring stuff out? We have time, but I'll let you know that I haven't eaten yet."

DragonSong

Kiara was really starting to think she shouldn't have taken this job.

But the coin was good. She'd just...avoid this town for the foreseeable future once they were down.

Scowling, she muttered, "Look, fine, just- if we get caught, I'm definitely blaming you. Let's move."

WallyD

Julian took lead as they walked down the turning streets. The sun was completely gone, the only light coming from windows and Kiara's hand. Soon the muddy roads turned stone as they entered the richer part of town. Still in an ally ways, Julian took a step out and inspected the road.

There wasn't anyone out, so it was unlikely that the two of them would get caught. The whitewash house in front of him had two floors, just like he described. A large stone wall surrounded the place, a slick, black gate attached to it. From what Julian could see over the wall was few. There was a nice garden -it was the spring season, so some of the flowers had bloomed-, he could only see two guards -one at the front door, the other walking around- and there was a smaller house on the far right of the manson. Julian turned back around, grinning at the person beside him.

"This is it. Have you decided what you wanted to do yet? Go to the Caretaker's house or dive right into the manson?"

DragonSong

She huffed, glancing around furtively. "Let's just get this over with," she grumbled. She was really starting to wish she'd never taken this job.

WallyD

Julian shrugged, not caring either way. If she didn't want to decide then fine with him.

"Into the house we go." He said and took off towards that wall. He jumped, grabbing the edge, hoisted himself up and landed safely on the other side. He took a moment to see if he was heared or spotted but the guards didn't look alerted so he was safe.

Julian turned back the wall and called out to Kiara quietly. "I'm good. Hurry up and get over here."

DragonSong

Muttering curses under her breath all the while, Kiara scaled the wall with the ease and grace of a youth spent clambering through hard-to-reach, high places, then dropped into an almost feline crouch beside him.

"Okay, we're in. Let's move fast, yeah?"

WallyD

"Right, right. Lets go."

Julian peeked out from behind the brush, making sure the guards where facing the other way before he creeped quickly to another set of bushes, crouching and looking over his shoulders at the guards once and a while.

There was a cough and Julian instantly ducked. There was a third guard, waking out from behind the mansion. The man was older, his wrinkles caused deep shadows over his face. A lit cigarette hung loosely between his fingers as he coughed. Julian looked back at Kiara and shrugged.

He wasn't ready to wait, so Julian started to walk again, taking the opportunity. As soon as the other guards were out of eye sight, Julian stood up and leaped at the man. The old guy, done with his coughing and had his cigarette back in his mouth, reached for his side to grab his sword. Julian hit him in the side of the neck, making the cigarette fallout, and covered the man's mouth and nose.

He grunted quietly as the man fought back but after a few moments, the guard stopped moving and Julian let him down to the ground softly. He looked back up at Kiara ans smiled wickedly though the darkness.

DragonSong

Kiara nearly jumped out of hiding, but she held herself back. She rolled her eyes at Julian's smile and stepped carefully to his side once it was clear the guard was unconscious.

She jerked her head meaningfully at the manor and quirked an eyebrow, indicating he should lead.

Tags: