Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Women of Stone {Ice}

Started by Celegwen, January 03, 2018, 08:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

@Ice
-------
The buildings seemed to touch the sky, and the craftsmanship was beautiful. For a girl new to the world, the city seemed too vast to truly take in. Even so, Kathryn didn't know how she had ended up there in the first place.

She paused in the middle of the street, being knocked aside suddenly by someone walking directly behind her. The girl scowled, but kept to herself. Her eyes drifted upward, seeing an eagle statue at the top of a nearby building. Must've been a church or something, judging by the particular care used in the architectural design. Kathryn still wasn't completely sure how to tell the difference between religious design and typical buildings; just didn't seem important.

Ducking smoothly into a nearby alley, the girl jumped up, grabbing a windowsill and pulling herself up. She carefully made her way onto the roof of the neighboring building, then looked at the statue, focusing intensely.

The eagle suddenly took flight, given life but still retaining the stony appearance. It flew towards her, and Kathryn lifted her arm with a smile. The stone bird landed on her leather gloves with a loud screech. She stroked its surprisingly soft feathers, and it purred affectionately.

"I'll call you Zepor," she said. The bird hovered near her, as Kathryn climbed down from the roof. Zepor joined her again in the alley, and the new friends emerged from the alley. Kathyrn stopped, swallowing nervously when she saw someone looking her way.

Ice

It was daytime which was a safe time for the young female who was walking down the street. She was talking to herself and smiling. You see this young girl was very odd at times. But when you spent all your nights as a golden statute well you liked being able to move when you could.

As she walked she saw something odd a statue that was up on a church building seemed to come to life. That meant there must have been a magic user nearby. So she watched at a distance as she saw a young girl. So she was the magic user. Well that was odd. She acted childlike and innocent.

She locked eyes with girl now. She looked afraid. So to show she was no threat the woman grinned a friendly grin. " Hello" she said to her. Her voice was very soft and sweet. Even though she was very shy she knew she had to be friendly to everyone.

Celegwen

The greeting from the other woman eased Kathryn's nerves a bit, but she wasn't exactly open to strangers. "Hi," she said, glancing at the living statue on her arm. "It's not... um..." She sighed. "It's exactly what it looks like."

She raised her arm, letting Zepor take flight. The eagle soared to the top of the building it was originally from, perching on its spot and turning back into stone. Kathryn felt a slight pang of guilt, having given something life, then so quickly taken it away again. Still, she only raised it in the first place because she didn't have anyone else to talk to.

"Please, don't tell anyone," Kathryn said, rubbing her upper arm. "I-I was just looking for someone to talk to. My name's Kathryn."

Ice

Letia smiled at the girl. She could tell that the other girl was maybe nervous. Heck to tell the truth she was nervous herself. Though she was happy that the girl didn't attack her. "Well I don't intend to tell anyone. I understand others can be different. No judgement from me." She told he with a smile.

She looked at her with a smile. She cold understand notsure having anyone to talk tome either. "Loneliness is something I can also understand." She said with a smile. As she looked into the lighter eyes shunned like diamonds. She was definitely different.

Tags: