Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh! Hello!

Started by Celegwen, February 11, 2018, 03:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

At that stage in the bonding process, Ginger wasn't able to speak telepathically to Reina. Instead, she waggled her fluffy tail slightly and looked at the girl. As the lion leaned down, her large ears unintentionally pinned back on her head in slight shyness. She hopped just barely, poking his nose with her own, then darting out from underneath him and changing back into her human form.

Darius smirked at Faryn's comment, but still! Most people aren't exactly used to seeing a massive lion with golden lightning patterns all over its body. "No need to call him 'master,' Reina," Darius said softly. "He's no lord or anything. Just a good and loyal friend."

DragonSong

Taking his cue from the other familiar, Faryn rolled his shoulders in a shrug that rippled through his body into his human form. He pulled out a chair for Ginger with a little nod and a half smile.

"That's right, just some street urchin, me," he rumbled, quirking an eyebrow at Darius.

Reina cleared her throat. "Ah...regardless, it seems only polite," she murmured, finally taking a seat.

Celegwen

Ginger smiled, nodding her head to Faryn, as she took the seat he formally offered to her. Hot, devious, sexual magnetism of a literal lion, and a gentleman, the girl thought to herself. I am so screwed.

Darius smirked at the face Faryn gave him, but it didn't really matter. The lion had his prey practically trapping herself, so the man had to step up in comparison. "So, what are you studying, my lady?" He asked, his eyes holding a deceptively gently gaze.

DragonSong

"Oh, well...just about anything I can get my hands on, really," Reina laughed softly. "I'm an elementalist, but I find most any magical theory fascinating."

She tilted her head at Ginger, a small half smile tugging at her lips.

Celegwen

Ginger wiggled her nose a bit with a smile at Reina. She looked at Faryn curiously. "What can you do?" She asked. "I have healing magic."

Darius' eye twitched slightly when Reina looked away. Another fucking elemental mage? He thought, forcing a smile when she turned back. "What a small world!" He said. "I'm an elementalist, too." He snapped his fingers and ended with his thumb up and a small flame dancing on the tip of his thumb. Blowing out the fire, he winked at the girl. "What elements do you practice?"

DragonSong

The other familiar shrugged. He didn't like talking about himself. "Basic stuff. Mostly magical amplification, the usual."

Across the table, Reina smiled for the small show of magic, though she didn't seem too keen to reciprocate. "I'm an ice mage," she answered with a little laugh. Playfully, she added, "I suppose that means we should be rivals, no? Opposite elements and all that."

Celegwen

"Yes," Darius said, chuckling with a slight nod. "Magical rivals, I like that." He smiled charmingly at her. "Then again, rivals just make the most wonderful friends, don't they?"

Ginger tilted her head curiously at the quiet man. "You don't talk much, huh?" She asked. "Why not? Do you just like adding mysterious to the whole 'tall, dark, and handsome' thing?"

DragonSong

"Well, I certainly hope that will be the case," Reina laughed lightly, tucking in to her food.

Faryn gave the smaller girl a brief, crooked smile. "Maybe I just don't have much to say."

Celegwen

Ginger drooped her shoulders. "Now, I don't believe that one bit," she said, smiling. "Anyone who has to say they don't have a lot to say always has more to say, don't you say?" She bit her lip, proud that she said the entire thing in one breath.

Darius chuckled, shaking his head at the red-haired girl. "She's certainly excitable," he said quietly. "You two are bonded?"

DragonSong

Faryn resisted the urge to growl at the girl, keeping his expression fixed in a small, placid smile. "Perhaps," he shrugged. "What would one say about you, then? You seem to have a lot to say yourself."

Reina shook her head slightly at Darius, giving Ginger a small smile. "We only met this morning," she murmured in reply. "She's quite sweet though, and to be honest I've never made friends all that easily. It seemed lucky I met her."

Celegwen

"It says that I'm not afraid to say what's on my mind," Ginger said casually. "I don't see why you should keep it inside if you have something to say."

Darius shrugged slightly, nodding his head twice seemingly absentmindedly. "Almost as lucky as my meeting you," he said with a smirk.

DragonSong

"Flatterer," Reina accused with a soft laugh, smiling at him. "A true sign of nobility, I should've known." Her eyes danced teasingly, softening the edges of her sharp tongue.

Faryn nearly rolled his eyes. "What a charmingly naive view," he noted, tilting his head. "Tell me, Ginger, have you ever had to keep a secret?"

Celegwen

Darius smirked, lifting his right brow. "Well, empty flattery is a sign of nobility. When you meet someone new, you're expected to compliment them in some way or another. It's quite rare an occasion that I get to be genuine in the flattery I give." His eyes never left her, almost as though trying to hold her where she was.

Ginger, on the other hand, looked at Reina in disbelief at what she was hearing from Faryn. The girl folded her arms and pursed her lips. "Of course I've had a secret!" She spat, looking at him sharply. "I'm actually a very good secret keeper, know why? People expect that I can't keep a secret, so they never pry into what I know." Arrogance was never part of who she was, but something about Faryn brought out a side of her that she was unfamiliar with.

DragonSong

Oh dear.

"Trouble in paradise?" Reina murmured softly to her companion, before returning her attention to Darius. "Then I thank you again, my lord. You're very kind," she demurred, dipping her head to him almost coyly.

Faryn just smirked as he watched the three of them, chin resting in his hand. This really was too easy: the girl was driving herself mad just by his presence.

Celegwen

"There would have to be a paradise for there to be trouble in it," Ginger said to Reina, though her wide eyes were locked on the lion, "wouldn't there?"

He couldn't help but laugh. "Just call me Darius," he said, relaxing slightly. The whole situation was fun for him. He got a bit of a chase, as well as the entertainment of seeing his friend catch something without even really baiting the hook. Darius looked at Faryn, speaking to him telepathically. She's eating out of your hand. How long before you pounce?

DragonSong

Can't very well pounce in the middle of the dining hall, Faryn pointed out mildly with an arched brow. He continued to simply smile at Ginger blandly.

Reina laid a hand on her friend's shoulder lightly, urging her to keep her cool. She tilted her head at Darius. "How many years have you been studying here?" she asked with polite curiosity.

Celegwen

Obviously not here, ya asshole, Darius said to Faryn, giving Reina a smile. "I've been here for a few years, but I've been studying magic all my life." Darius wanted to keep it vague and simple. Having a freshman start prying into his personal life was the last thing he wanted at the moment. "How about you? I mean how long have you been practicing magic?"

"I don't like him," Ginger said curtly. She gritted her teeth momentarily. "He's mocking me."

DragonSong

"Now, that's not what I'm doing," Faryn chuckled, tilting his head. "I'm just asking questions. Trying to get to know you."

Reina gave the familiar a wary look, but replied to Darius, "I've played around with it all my life, but my family was never exactly encouraging of my pursuits, so I was mostly self-taught." She shrugged. "Well, until now, I suppose."

Celegwen

"You are not," the girl spat. "You're doing the exact opposite, actually. You have to speak to ask questions."

Darius flashed a slight frown. "Really?" He asked, almost sounding confused at the thought of not supporting magic use. "Why not? Jealousy?"

DragonSong

"Easy, easy!" Faryn laughed, raising his hands peaceably. "You ever think I'm learning plenty about you just by watching how you react to frustration?"

Reina resisted the urge to cut in-- Ginger could fight her own battles, and she didn't want to belittle the young woman-- and tilted her head slightly at Darius. "Well, no. Not exactly. It just...wasn't what they had in mind for me, I suppose." She shrugged. "Magic was all well and good for parlor tricks and the like, but study?" She snorted and shook her head. "Why, that might get in the way of me finding a suitable husband!"

She pressed one hand to her chest, making her eyes as round as she could and batting her lashes, then scoffed and dropped the act.