Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wyrdwood Academy of Arcane Science

Started by Whim, February 11, 2018, 08:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

Eckhart_Von_Musel

New student! I think we all knew a kid like this...

I'm also signing up my old character Aahva- he has nothing better to do anyway. Will update his profile soon.

Celegwen

Throwing Dillon into the mix!

Yes, he's technically a god. No, he isn't vocal about it (or even taken seriously, for that matter).

Whim

Love all your characters. I updated the roster and split upper and underclassmen into separate lists. If anyone is misplaced let me know, or if anyone wants to tackle giving descriptions to students.

For the moment I want to put a bit of a moratorium on Magisters. I was thinking of making a more formal list of departments, with a limited number of slots. So you might have magisters rising as falling in accordance to plots. I figure most teachers hold the title of Professor, or Assistant Profesor, and are fellows.

With respect to departments I figure going by the "core" spirits of the earth schools might be best? I'd imagine Serendipity is probably the nation who categorized them to begin with. The school might put a bit of a twist on some schools, or ignore others entirely.

Demoncraft: I had the idea it might be reframed as the study of other dimensions or somesuch? Depending on the moderators' comfort with the existence of other dimensions being acknowledged (as the heavens and hells certainly do). Otherwise it the department might be devoted to curses, hexes, and the like. I don't know.
Divination: This school is banned at Wyrdwood. Perhaps Maergath and his soulshaping/necromancy has taken its place?
Elementalism: I had the idea of a headmistress whose a big proponent of elementalism. But if someone has another idea I'd love to hear it.
Life Magic: Honestly I'm not sure if soul-shaping should go here. Otherwise a healer, botanist, or zoologist might be best suited for the role.
Primal Magic: Perhaps Maggie Fen-Breath's black magic might belong here? Otherwise maybe there's a sort of playful rivalry with the department of life magic over the domain of fleshy things.
Awesome avatar by Eckhart_von_Musel

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest
Into the Mouth of Qokagax

Characters:
Ewan ap Rhys - once a great sorcerer, now a small boy
Anwen ferch Rhys - scholar of blood magic
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie
"Kaliam" - magically conjoined apprentice wizards
Maergath - Magister of Soulshaping, necromancer, angry and hateful wizard
Narlis Thordane - Hero for hire, proud and unrepentant scumlord
Niamh Wayrest - trader in forbidden lore, purveyor of curiosities
OLIVER THE BARBARIAN - a very reluctant hero and monster-slayer
Sage Whitechalk - heir to the Whitechalk Family
Saoirse Nettlefield - Headmistress of Wyrdwood, conniving academic

PixelatedGlory

I would like to have my character Grent Killoran be a first year student at Wyrmwood if that is ok.

Whim

Sure! Grent looks like a lot of fun; happy to have him.

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:
Duke Blackthorn - Duke of Dawn and Dusk, Warden of Weal and Woe, and all-around evil faerie

emeraldknight

Took a while, but it's finally done: Presenting Glinda Fare, Wyrdwood Librarian.

quaggan

Made a student for the first year, get ready for fashion police!

Celegwen

Haven't made one in a while, so here we go! 17-year-old necromancer Kenny Thorn!

Celegwen

Awendela "Sunny" - a Duhjari shaman-in-training with many powers relating to animals!

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Celegwen

Welcome Andrew Maxon and his molecular magic to the school!

quaggan

Omg molecule magic. I love him already. Can he transform stuff by altering it on a molecular level? Can he do illusions since light is both a wave and a particle?

Celegwen

Yes, he can! His power is described in his profile, though I couldn't explain everything without having an entirely separate post for just magic since it's capable of so much. If you have a question about one of my characters, hit me up via PM or Discord and I can elaborate! ^.^

EDIT: Thatcher Paulson is another student to attend. He has an "evil eye." Grrrrr...
EDIT2: Also, Leslie Hopps is the local broomstick "fix-it lady"
EDIT3: Plus, there's Morgan Strouse, who has gold magic!
EDIT4: Lord Spencer O'Toole because every magic school needs a ghost (and zombie)!
EDIT5: "Sprinkles", a Fae student with a creative side which she expresses through glamour magic
EDIT6: Serenity LaFronz is a first-year who is a living gate to another world
EDIT7: Thalarea Cordian is a mermaid girl because why not. Don't worry; she has legs!

emeraldknight

Woohoo, new student! Derek Ryder is here to harass girls and go to parties! (In order to harass more girls)

Whim

I've added the discord and new characters. I have also updated some information on the student body, Magister rank, and Broken Seal.

As I thought on it it might be best to revert to the original plan that Magisters are simply esteemed professors rather than a limited quantity. I'd still like to discuss each Magister before adding them to the school. The position still has quite a bit of power.

Finally, I tried to add taglines to the students so they're more easily identifiable. If you want one just let me know. Also just so its easier to cut and paste: please post your student's name as a url in a separate and uninterrupted line with the tagline separated by a comma. For example:

"Kaliam", conjoined apprentices Kana Blackbraid and Liam Hargrove

Guilds:

Events:
The Midnight Harvest

Characters:

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Made my first upperclassman! Meet Obedience Barebone, an ambitious girl who wants to take over the world!

quaggan

Signing up this squish as experiment target research resource underclassman!

Tide

Introducing the enigmatic Valkyrie, that lich who's been sneaking around. She donated some antique books for fellowship.

For the list:
'Val', a totally ordinary visiting scholar

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Signing up Juniper Whitechalk as a donator! She's here to salivate over the most gifted students (and put down the ones she thinks are trash)

Tags: