Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pinfeathers: Wants and Limits

Started by Pinfeathers, March 09, 2018, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinfeathers

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?: I love adventure! Exploration and combat, political intrigue, social interactions - you name it, if it's exciting in any way, I'm in, more or less.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?: I can't really think of anything I don't enjoy.  Like anyone, I'm not a fan of anything "boring", though what constitutes as such is up to interpretation.

What are your favorite character types to play?: I love playing charismatic and outgoing characters.  Characters who reveal secrets and mystery about them once you get close.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?: Definitely a Pantser.  I am always open to pre-planned scripts and plots!  But surprises are my favorite.  I like to see where RP can take us.

How do you feel about group threads?: I like to keep threads to no more than like, 5 or 6 people - I tend to get impatient when waiting for replies (a bad trait, I know) and too many people can distract me from the original idea. 

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?: I can reply multiple times a day! If it's been about 5 days since my last post, you can wonder where I've gone off to.  I suffer from depression and sometimes the lack of motivation can really get to me. 

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?: I don't like waiting more than a day or so, but I understand circumstances and am willing to be patient if you talk to me about it!! I like to RP pretty consistently so waiting too long gets me down.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?: I'm down! 

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.): This is my favorite.  I could sit down for a few hours and have this kind of interaction so long as I'm not busy. 

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?: I prefer long posts!  I love hearing everything and anything a person has to offer to the RP.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?: It's been several years since I've RPed so I don't have anything to contribute here off the top of my head.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?: Ditto

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?):  I don't mind as long as I have the opportunity to dictate how my character responds.  And as long as it's not like.  Literal Godmodding/Anything intense.  Like if you're going to stab my character, in my opinion that doesn't automatically land and I should have a chance to avoid that. 

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.) I am open to mostly anything; we can plan out a relationship or allow it to happen naturally, I'm open to rejection, love triangles, one-sided crushes, anything.  I love cute fluffy things!  However I am more open to lesbian relationships as relationships with men (even in RP) make me uncomfortable.  If you ask me beforehand about romantic relationships with men & talk about it with me, I'm more likely to be open to it.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?: I will not RP sexual assault.  I don't mind particularly if it's mentioned or hinted at but even in RP I take it very seriously.  As far as violence and drug use go, it's pretty hard to freak me out in that regard so I'm open to anything as long as it's warranted (like, not for literally no reason other than to just have drug use and violence).   As I am 18+ I am also open to more intimate scenes although I will only RP lesbian interactions in this respect as I am repulsed by male genitalia. 
What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?):  I'm okay with it if it's discussed OOC (and potentially IC) First!

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.): I'm fine with this as long as there is ample reason/discussion beforehand.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.): Again, if it's part of the plot and/or discussed beforehand, I'm okay with it.

Anything else?: If you have any questions about something, just ask me! I am so open to talking about things and I would rather discuss something first than be surprised with something I'm uncomfortable with :)

Tags: