Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Back here again {DragonSong}

Started by Lowen Thorn, March 18, 2018, 12:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Art stroked his chin for a moment, contemplating.

"And what would you have me do?" he finally asked. "Back to Serendpity, then? That's where I am from after all. I've been "Lowen" for so long, I'm afraid I wouldn't know the way back."

DragonSong

She sighed quietly, though whether it was from relief or something else she really didn't know.

"Well, that's a start," she said with a cautious smile. "I can at least get you there."

Lowen Thorn

His eyes lifted at her response.

"Maybe I should then," he said slowly. "It would be great to see everybody again. I'm sure most of them think I am dead, that or crazy. It's hard to keep track of everything Lowen and Ipsen do. But.." he trailed off for a moment. "I am not sure how I am going to face Alys' mother and father.. after what happened."

Lowen Thorn

He looked at the hand on his arm with grieving eyes, and then back up to meet her gaze. "Why are you helping me?"

DragonSong

Hana stared at him for a long moment, then sighed and dropped her eyes. She shrugged. "To be honest, I don't really know. I just...feel like I have to."

Lowen Thorn

"Well, if we're going to do this," he said with a bit of finality, getting back up to his feet. "Then let's do it."

He stretched out his arms and arched his back, still taking in the world around him he had been absent from for so long.Before continuing off, he glanced over to Hana with a look of sincerity. "But first.. Would you like to say goodbye to Lowen?"

DragonSong

Scrambling to her feet, the kitsune paused. "I..."

She looked up into his eyes, took a breath, and nodded. "I would, actually. Thank you."

Lowen Thorn

Art nodded. "Okay," he said softly. "I'm taking back some of Lowen's memories. He shouldn't have to relive everything that has happened since Ipsen emerged. He'll be waking up for the time today."

The man took a deep breath.

"Take your time," he said just before his head jolted back. The foresty green color of his eyes washed over once more, returning to the heterochromia gaze of the man she had spent most of her time with the past twenty-four hours.

With a quick gasp, Lowen pushed his head forward until he was focusing on the kitsune.

"H-Hana?" Lowen asked with a confused look. "How did we get out here?"

DragonSong

"Whoa, easy there." Hana caught his shoulders, watching his face with concern. "You alright? How do you feel, lad?"

Lowen Thorn

Lowen looked at her for a moment and then gave her an honest smile.

His stomached growled slightly, and that smile turned to one of embarrassment.

"I'm hungry again," he said bashfully. "But, really, how did we get out here? Last thing I remember was going to bed. Was I sleep walking or something?"

DragonSong

She smiled, eyes a little sad. "Um, yeah. I had to come out to find you. You really...don't remember?"

Lowen Thorn

"I really don't," the man replied sincerely. "But if I was sleepwalking, then that would explain alot."

Noticing the look in her eyes, he placed a hand on her right arm. "Hey.. You okay?"

DragonSong

Crimson eyes seemed to dull to a ruddy amber for a moment. She smiled and shook her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just...worried about you."

She took a breath, then a little abruptly leaned forward to wrap her arms around him, holding him in a tight hug.

Lowen Thorn

Lowen's eyes widened, not expecting the sudden embrace. Slowly, and a bit cautiously, he wrapped his arms around her to return the hug, but didn't question why it was happening, nor did he speak on it.

He could feel his eyes start to burn as a single tear emerged atop one of his eyelids, and he hastily shut them to prevent more.

'Why does it feel like we're saying goodbye?'

DragonSong

The kitsune snuggled into the embrace, ears pinned back and tails swishing gently back and forth. "You're a good lad," she told him softly, smiling. "I'm really glad I met you, Lowen."

Lowen Thorn

"I-I'm.." he hesitated, trying hard to find his words. They were saying goodbye, but he wasn't sure why. "I'm really glad I met you too, Hana. I don't know where I would be without you. But.. we'll see each other again.. won't we?"

DragonSong

She pulled back with a small sigh and cupped his cheek in her palm. "Yeah. I think we will." Sort of...

Lowen Thorn

"I'll never forget you," he said quickly, giving her another hug before moving away from her.

Lowen was never good at goodbyes, and he wasn't going to get any better at them today. He would always appreciate what Hana had done for him, but it was time for him to move. He could only hope that they would cross paths again one day.

"Take care of yourself."

Turning on his heel to leave, he started to walk away from her but abruptly stopped. Peering over his shoulder, Art's eyes gazed into the kitsune's direction.

"Are you ready?" Art asked, his normal voice returning.

DragonSong

Hana ducked her head quickly, trying to wipe at her eyes without him noticing. Slowly, she nodded.

"Yeah. Ready."

((Move to Serendipity?))