Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Journeys to the Past

Started by DragonSong, July 31, 2018, 03:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

@SDB - Dragon Lord

"Chiara?"

Dusk paused in her foraging, frowning slightly as she eyed a strange plant, waxy leafed and bearing soft blue berries. She didn't recognize it. That was odd. "Chiara, c-can you come look at this?"

She was betting the fae woman she'd met some weeks ago would have a better chance of identifying the plant than she currently did; her knowledge of herb-lore was fairly extensive, particularly given her age, but Chiara just had the benefit of experience over her.

Not to mention the woman was a trained priestess.

Dusk glanced back over her shoulder at her companion and called again, in case she hadn't heard. "Um, Ch-Chiara?" She winced at her own stutter. She still didn't understand why the older woman had agreed to accompany her on this harebrained little scheme. An old baby blanket and a name stitched in gold were all she had to go on, what made her think this was going to be able to help her find her parents?

But pouring her story out over a shared drink in a small pub had somehow won her over, and now she found herself with company on her little quest.

She had to admit...it was nice.

Celegwen

Her little run-in with the violet-haired woman in a nameless pub had somehow ended with the two women going off on an adventure together. How that happened, Chiara Jair wasn't entirely sure, but they seemed to be getting along nicely. Dusk was a pleasant girl, by all standards that the fae could think of, if not a little timid for Chiara's taste.

Regardless, it was her role to help and protect people, so if she needed help, there was no way Chiara would turn her away. Besides, she had just gotten two new demon hearts that were aching to be used as curse cures.

"What is it, sweetie?" Chiara asked, approaching the girl with a soft saunter, her basket not quite filled with a colorful arrangement of berries and roots the women had collected. Examining the bush Dusk was referring to, she nodded slightly with a smile. "Those are fine to eat in small amounts. I don't know what they're actually called, but my teacher called them Dew Mead because, when prepared right, they have a similar effect to alcohol drinks."

She put the basket on the ground next to Dusk and picked a handful of the berries, grinning sweetly at the woman next to her.

DragonSong

"Oh, really?" Dusk eye the berries with renewed wariness. She didn't like alcohol. It made her silly.

She committed the name to memory anyway, repeating it softly to herself several times.

"Hmm... what about these?" She turned her attention back to her foraging, pressing aside a cluster of deep emerald leaves to reveal a cluster of blue and black speckled berries. "I know they're not much good to eat, but I've make antiseptic poultices from them before. Think they could be useful?"

Celegwen

Chiara looked over to where Dusk had revealed the new berries. The woman nodded with a smile.

"Smart," she said. "You'll have to show me what kind of poultices you make! I've only used them in a poison mix."

She chuckled to herself and left the basket with the girl, while she reached for a few raspberries nearby. "Say," Chiara started, eyeing Dusk curiously. "How do you know so much about these plants? A lot of them are simply dismissed for being poisonous or inedible."

DragonSong

"Oh. Um, well..." She flushed and started tugging at her hair-- an old nervous habit. "Honestly, a...a badger told me," she admitted after a long moment.