Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

quaggan has wants and limits

Started by quaggan, March 22, 2018, 04:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quaggan

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
- Court intrigue and politics. I have a soft spot for intricate, detailed plots. I would be completely up for my characters getting owned or played, if it's all for the better story!
- Scholarly research. I love discovering the truth of the world and making new inventions. As a former biology major, I have a deep appreciation of learning. If you're a nerd about something and want to use it in a fantasy setting, hit me up and let's make this dream a reality!
- Infiltration and espionage. I like playing spies and agents devoted to a country or a person. If your character needs a faithful minion, I can make him!
- Magic and wizardly matters. This is a huge soft spot for me and I love wizards above all else.
- Friendships, good professional relationships. I like characters working together to achieve a common goal. If you think one of my squishies could help mine or the other way around, let's plot it!
- Friendly enemies, bitter enemies, rivals. Need a nemesis? Want an idiot to trounce? I can provide!
- Familial relationships. If one of your characters is in need of a relative, I might be able to fill that niche! My mothers are usually badass, fathers are supportive, siblings are peculiar and kids are little hellspawn. If you want one, let me know!
- Recently I'm into writing messed up, complex and unhealthy relationships.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
- Since all I know about fighting could be condensed to 'hit the target until it dies', I don't think I'd work well with swordsmanship styles/schools type of a plot.
- Due to my lack of knowledge and familiarity with the genre, I also can't play pirate ship kind of stories. I mean, I can't tell pallograph from cabotage (literally can't - I just googled a list of nautical terms and picked two at random)
- I also suck at playing shifters (as in, werewolves and plp who shapeshift into animals). I can handle mages who can transform their body just fine, but if there is more emphasis on the animal part and pack mentality, that's another element I fail to understand

What are your favorite character types to play?
- Loyal spies and agents dedicated to a country/character.
- Royalty and nobility
- Badass female warriors
- Funny guys
- Military strategists. Of course, I have no idea about military strategy and I get my ass kicked in turn-based and RTSes alike, so that's a problem.
- Scholars
- Wizards
- Visionaries who want to improve the world.
- Older people :)
- Liars

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?
- I veer from pantser to moderate planner. I can just jump in and play without forethought or any idea how it will turn out, but I like to at least discuss what's going to happen with other players so that we are all prepared.

How do you feel about group threads?
- I love group threads! I just won't be able to do thread maintenance like poking every person involved for a response.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
- I write fast, so unless I have absolutely no idea how to respond, I should have a reply in a few days. Feel free to nudge me at any time.
-  I am also willing to throw our characters together and just see what happens.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
- Months. If a sudden snafu forces a player to take a temporary hiatus, I would be fine to freeze the thread until they can return.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
- I used to do a lot of IM RP and I enjoyed it. I can't do vocal communication, but text messages are completely okay.

How do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)
- I love rapidfire RP. Please contact me if you'd like some!

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
- I like writing long posts, but frequently end up with middle length when they depend heavily on the input of another player

Any RP styles/habits that you love?
- I like working together with a player to build something together, be it a plot, a relationship between character, or something within a world.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
- I prefer open communication between all players involved. I can't react well to players keeping secrets or not giving me full information.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)
- The funny thing is, it varies from character to a character. Usually when I play combat characters, I'm fine with them being hurt or even maimed, but do let me know if you want to do something to my character. If you want to stab them, I can tell you the weak spot in their armour, for example :)
- Also, feel free to move my characters and have them act if my posts imply that they would (i.e. if my character asks yours to dance, you can freely describe them dancing and it should be fine)

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)
- My main demand is to respect a character's sexuality. I usually prefer when players approach me if they want their characters to get involved with mine, for plotting's sake, but I am not averse to unplanned things happening. I am fine with my characters being rejected, a part of a love triangle, approached by someone much older, or even being used.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?
- As long as the player concerned and I have discussed it beforehand, I shouldn't have any problems. Violence, as long as it's discussed and all parties (players, not necessarily characters) are okay, is not a problem. With sexual assault, it varies from character to character - due to internalized sexism, I don't feel like I'm up to writing it with a female character being the victim.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)
- Pregnancy itself is not a problem in plots/situations where it's called for (i.e. I am playing an noblewoman who married and is expected to produce heirs), but I don't think I have the sensitivity and knowledge to respectfully portray loss, miscarriages and several aspects of parenthood, so it's not something I feel I should play. If you don't mind that, feel free to disregard.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)
- Depends on a character. For some characters, permanent damage is a part of their concept, and I wouldn't want it gone, but others would accept it. As usual, I would ask that a player approaches me if they want to plot something like that.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)
- Depends on a character. I will do my best to include such information on character sheets.

Anything else?
(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)
- I experience a severe (and by severe, I mean that it negatively impacts my health) discomfort when dealing with anti-magic sentiment and elements. This is the only hard limit when it comes to me. I want to get over it but I am unsure of how to proceed. For now, I'm going to try getting through it by having Julius murder the causes of discomfort.
- Most of the time, an answer to these questions will be 'Depends on a character' or 'Discuss it with me and we should be fine'. I intend on expounding upon my limitations with every character I make in order to make it clear what I'm okay with, regarding them. When it comes to the other issue, I like to accommodate my fellow players and work with them. If your idea doesn't work for me, I will try to either find a way for both of us to get what we want anyway, or suggest another character that might solve this problem. I am always up for plotting with my characters and ideas you have.

Tags: