Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Share With Me The Sun (Open! PM to join!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, March 29, 2018, 10:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Dawn was when the jungle was at it's noisiest. As the oppressive light of the sun rose above the horizon, thousands of birds began to sing in hopes of finding their match. The chirping of the night insects began to slow, taking a backseat to the chorus of birdsongs. Occasionally the rumbling of a larger animal could be heard over the rest, as if telling the jungle to quiet down. It was to no avail- there was no such thing as "sleeping in" when you lived in Kishahn.

Tsijiari sat atop the emergent layer, watching the dreaded sun make it's way into the sky. The golden-haired child stared defiantly at his foe. "You look-see me?" he yelled, a scowl etched onto his face. "Your light harm-fouls me none! Flee ever-quick to the other side of the sky!"

The sun said nothing in reply, which Tsijiari took to mean he'd intimidated it. Climbing down gracefully from the treetop into the understory, the boy began to search for his breakfast. After a few minutes he had two mangos in his satchel- one for now, and one for later. As he closed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, Tsijiari noticed something that nearly caused his heart to stop...

Tsijiari's compass had stopped spinning.

The boy was soon dashing through the jungle, compass held in front of him. "It has finally happened!" he thought, a determined grin on his face. "I have finally sought-found a crystal!" The boy looked down at his compass again, double checking that he was going the right way...

And promptly collided face-first into someone.

Alexandras

Sahhe was seated inside a shallow cave like indentation in a small hill, gnawing on a piece of jerky as the sun rose outside, barely noticeable through the curtain of leaves and vines he had used to cover the entrance before night fall. He never slept well in any tropical environment and this jungle was no exception, a soft sigh escapes his lips as he pulls himself to his feet and hoists his satchel up onto his shoulder.

As he took his first steps out of his cool resting place the humidity made him cringe, "It'll be fine Sah...Just one more day, can't be far now." These words fall on his own ears but he was weary, if he didn't catch sight of at least one of the land marks today he knew he ought to head back, but his sixth sense was ablaze, there just had to be treasure beyond comparison right around the corner.

Of course until he found it, there was doubt, always at least a little, lingering anxiety from how little his uncle had believed in him perhaps, but he had proved him and every other spy in his employ wrong, he held a better and more exciting life then any of them, of this he was sure. Even though this was of little encouragement as another large bug bit his bare calf, "Da..." His curse fell flat as he was struck down.

Sahhe couldn't believe he had let his guard down so completely as he wallowed in his own misery he already had his weapon drawn as he rose quickly and stepped back, "Prepa..." Again his voice trailed off as he gazed at the boy who he couldn't imagine in most scenarios being a threat, "Hey kiddo, you got tah be more careful ya kno..." There was a laugh in his voice as he shook his head and tried to brush off the mud and debris that tried to cling to his already dirty legs.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari grunted as he fell on his behind. Looking up to see what he'd run into, his eyes widened. "What the..." 

It was the most outlandish man the boy had ever seen. The pasty skin and odd clothes were strange enough, but what really shook him was the hair. It was blue and green, like a poison dart frog. The man began to speak, but his accent was remarkably thick- Tsijiari couldn't make sense of it.

Tsijiari stood up slowly, staring at the man gingerly. "Is that..." he began slowly. "...Is that a dead-slain parrot on your head?"

The boy looked at his feet as he realized how stupid a question that had been...

Alexandras

Sahhe shook his hands before running them through his hair as if to show it was indeed just hair and not any sort of dead creature, letting them slip to his hips as he eyed the strange boy, he definitely looked like he belonged in this accursed place didn't he, "Ay? Nah given by my gracious ancestors, or so I'm told.."

A light chuckle passed his lips which turned into a slight sigh, "Now now, umm boy? Ya wouldna be part of some sort of cannibal tribe or nothing would ya?" His teal orbs quickly darted about and he begged his ears to hear any stalkers should the lie in the thick undergrowth of the jungle, his knuckles beginning to pale with how tight he was gripping the dagger.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Tsijiari's eyes narrowed, studying the strange man. "Cannibals." he repeated, pursing his lips. "Man-flesh consumers." He shook his head. "They are not where-here, the tree goddess banished them long ago."

"Curious." the boy thought, smelling the air. "He smells like... not where-here." Taking a step back, Tsijiari reached for his blowgun. "Are you from the dry-sands of up above? You have worm-skin..."

Alexandras

Sahhe lowered his weapon finally convinced there was not in more particular danger at the moment, at least not from cannibals,  the dagger almost seeming to disappear with a flick of the rest. "Well I've been tah a place you could call dry sands, also the big water, and the tall rocks, kid I've been a little bit of everywhere, as for the skin, yea I suppose I don't tan well, but it's no worry, it's one thing I've learned is skin color doesn't change a man, only his actions, yah know his doings..."

He almost felt bad for his bit of condescending mocking, but the boy had run into him and then claimed his hair was a dead avian creature, "Anyways uh I'm Sahhe by the by, I was wondering have you seen a big rock, sort of shaped like this," he draws his hands up into a triangle shape, "And many, many colors, like a rainbow?"

Tags: