Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

When Angels and Demons Collide {Jiaolong}

Started by Lowen Thorn, April 02, 2018, 09:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

Daniel's touch brought Epirus' state of being back to the surface. What the hell just happened? Something inside him snapped, though only momentarily. Anger. He felt so much anger against the man he just whipped senseless, but why?

Shaking it off, he lashed his whip at the man one more time, snapping his neck and delivering death in one quick motion.

"Apologies," he said quietly. "I do not know what came over me."

Jiaolong

Daniel's earlier excitement was gone. "...Let us go." The sooner they could leave the bloodied corpse, the better. He looked down at the mage before hearing the door of the cabin open. Out stumbled two of the mages—the first to recover from the blindness.

They looked at the body of their fellow mage in horror. Strange, as they'd been so ready to hand him over.

"T-that demon was behind this! The fool should've known not to make a deal with him!" One shouted, taking out a spellbook to conjure some magic.

Lowen Thorn

Epirus shot the other mages a quick look, his eyes flashing red once more as he focused in on the one attempting to conjure a spell. "I would think carefully before you do that," he said coldly. "Do you really want to end up like your friend? I have already broken code once tonight, I will not hesitate to do it again if I must."

The mage stopped in his tracks, mouth agape with wide eyes. Was this really worth it?

Jiaolong

The mage sputtered, ending the spell he had started in defeat. It was a smart choice, too, for Daniel would have blinded him again. The two scampered away into the forest, quickly hidden by the thick foliage.

Daniel noticed that the moon had sunk lower on the horizon. "The night is almost over."

Lowen Thorn

Epirus watched the men turn heel and run before acknowledging Daniel with a slight nod.

"La'marri is not that far from here, but I'm concerned that we may not make it in time," he said softly. He let out a sigh and shook his head in self-disbelief. What was he thinking. "Daniel, why are you helping me? It would be better for you to go now before you get too caught up in this. If my people come for me, they will kill you too. Is that something you are ready for face?"

Jiaolong

Daniel pondered this for a moment. While it was true that he'd been helping Epirus because he was honesty interested in the work, he felt that there was something more.

"You're the first being in this world to really talk to me. Ever since I found myself here, I've been wandering around...but due to what I am, I haven't had much luck with humans or other creatures for that matter. It was boring...and lonely."

"As for your people, I'm quite confident in my ability to defend myself."

Lowen Thorn

"You are more confidence than I am, then," Epirus said, mostly to himself.

He had no more time to think. The Angel seemed determined to accompany him, so he would just have to make do with his companionship for now. Besides, he was useful in a fight.

"Let us go, my friend."

Friends with an Angel. Surely, now, there was no turning back.

---
Knock. Knock. Knock.

There was a little house just on the outskirts of La'marri, and someone was knocking at the door. The older man inside had been waiting on his arrival, that demon he hired to take care of that cursed woman, Victoria. For years he loved her, and what did he get in return? Nothing. She met someone else, left him behind and started a family. Cursed woman.

Well, she would get what was coming to her.

Or so he thought. He did not know how much he could trust this 'Epirus' person, but based on reputation, he was the man, or rather, demon to get the job done. Despite that, he couldn't help be a little nervous - or rather feel a little weary around him. Those eyes were something not of this world, and staring into them only for a second was enough to leave an unsettling feeling in his stomach for days.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"He's here," he whispered to himself, standing up from his chair. He peered over at the few comrades he had with him in his little home, giving them a quick nod. Regardless of the hire, he was not going to deal with this demon man alone - that was for damn sure, so he called in backup prior to the deal.

The other men in the home rose from their chairs with caution, each one clutching some sort of weapon or another.

The man creaked the door open, looking around to see no one. "The hell?"

Before he had another moment to investigate, another demon dropped down in front of him and slid a blade through the man's skull. His friends watched in horror as comrade toppled over onto the ground and this demon walked over his body and entered the home.

"Hell, indeed," he said smugly.

A second demon and Chorin both followed him in just a moment after.

"Good work, Rukkai. Do you have what you need to do it?" Chorin asked.

Rukkai nodded, and his form slowly transitioned until he was the mirror image of the man he just murdered. "Will this do, my lord?"

Chorin let a sinister grin slip onto his face. "Good. Jax?"

The previously unnamed demon let out a soft chuckle as his body transformed as well. The tone of his voice changed while he laughed, going from a deep sinister pitch to that of a young boy. When his transformation was complete, he stood there as Daniel - the angel Chorin had a run in with previously that night. "How do I look?"

Chorin gave him a satisfied nod before turning his attention to the petrified men in the house. "You three," he said sternly as his eyes flashed red. "I have a job for you."

Jiaolong

Daniel had taken to flying low above the tree line—it was faster for him to travel like that, with Epirus leading the way below.

The wind whistling through his feathers was the only sound the angel could hear as the two traveled to the next location in La'marri. Now that all was said and done, he had time to think about his decision to stay with Epirus—at least for the time being. He didn't know why he had so readily offered to help the demon, but the feeling of finally making a choice for himself felt good.

It didn't help that he couldn't remember anything. Sometimes he would see the faces of beings who looked a lot like him; sometimes the faces of humans—babies, children, adults, the elderly taking their last breaths—would flash through his mind. A young man with raven black hair and stern blue eyes would continuously show up in his mind. Each time, he would hand a piece of rolled up paper to Daniel and send him away.

Who was the man? He seemed important. He was definitely familiar. And those papers? Orders, perhaps.

He could spot a house in a clearing in the trees—that was certainly their destination. He descended, landing on a branch before jumping to the ground. "Should I go and distract them again?"

Lowen Thorn

Epirus came to a stop just outside of the house. They had made good time, but time was still running out. Shit. He actually felt a little panicked, a sensation he hadn't felt in a long time. It was good he had Daniel with for this, though depending on anyone but himself was not something he was use to. It was all very... human.

"That would be good," he said. "I'll get in position."

Epirus went to the side of the house, positioning himself near the window like he had done in the previous hit.

Jiaolong

Daniel noticed the door was slightly ajar. That was odd, but trying to open a window could cause too much of a commotion. He snuck in and was once again confronted by the surprised faces of a group of men...however, they all seemed to have weapons nearby.

Had they been expecting something like this?

Before he could even move, one man shouted "run!" before making a mad dash towards an obscure back door. The rest of the men followed suit, taking their weapons along with them. The man that had shouted the order was clearly their leader and also seemed the most nervous of them all. He had ordered the kill.

Epirus was still waiting by the window on the other side of the house...

Daniel would quickly pursue the target and bring him back. He followed them out the door, surprised to see their leader already leagues ahead of the rest of the group. The night was almost over; there wasn't any time for losing him in the woods. The angel frowned, picking up speed as he sped away into the trees.

Lowen Thorn

Epirus could hear the commotion from his position but couldn't be sure exactly what was going on. It sounded like Daniel lured the others out of the house, leaving just Epirus and his target. Good work, Daniel.

He walked around the side of the house, about to make his way to the entrance when he heard more voices His eyes widened, stopping dead in his tracks. Daniel?

---

"Good work, Daniel," Chorin said with a hint of triumph in his voice. "Our plan is finally coming full circle. It was with your help that we were able to place Epirus on this earth, and it will be with your help that we will finally put him down like the dog he is."

Daniel mustered a small chuckle. "It was easy," he bragged. "That stupid fool was easy to twist around. I don't know how he managed to keep up with you guys for so long."

"It is not easy letting go of someone from your own tribe, but he dealt his own fate long ago."

"He actually thought we were friends," Daniel mused. "What kind of demon takes the companionship of an Angel so willingly? He couldn't even sniff out that I am not even a real Angel."

Chorin returned an amused laugh. "Intelligence was never his strong suit."

---

Just outside the house, Epirus' eyes burned red with anger.

Jiaolong

The other men in the group had long since fallen behind, but Daniel paid them no mind. His sole focus was the man in front of him.

The man always stayed within sight of Daniel but just out of reach. Almost as if...he wanted the angel to follow him. Something was definitely wrong here. With one burst of speed, he kept forward, arms outstretched to grab the man by his heavy cloak. To his surprise, the target stopped abruptly and grabbed him by the collar, slamming him into a tree with inhuman strength.

Daniel gasped, momentarily stunned as the air had been knocked out of him. The man's once human eyes glowed a demonic red as his appearance shifted.

Oh.

"You're working with Chorin."

The demon simply grinned, but that was all Daniel needed to confirm his suspicions. It was no wonder now that the chase had been so long—it was all on purpose, to lead Daniel away from-

Epirus! What was going on back there?

Daniel made a move to leave, but the demon stepped forward as well. "Chorin told me I could have fun with you...you really annoyed him, you know? Why don't you show your wings? He said I could have them mounted on my wall when I kill you."

Lowen Thorn

"You can come inside now, Epirus," Chorin called out from within the house. "I can hear you breathing out there."

Epirus slowly approached the front door, his chest burning with fury and hatred. He was... tricked? Daniel and Chorin were working together this whole time? This didn't make sense. He wanted to kill them both, but at this point, especially Daniel. Yet, he always wanted to know why.

He walked through the open doorway, his eyes red like fire and blood.

"Daniel," he hissed. "It was you."

"Daniel" threw together a cocky, satisfied grin and shrugged. "Finally figured it out, huh?" he asked with a boyish chuckle. "Boy, you sure are stupid."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Epirus," Chorin teased. "We can't help the way we were born."

The demon's flute transcended into whip form. No more talking.

"I don't think so," the fake Daniel said sternly at the sign of his whip. "First, you're going to have to catch me."

With that, "Daniel" slid past Epirus and dashed out into the woods.

Jiaolong

The real Daniel touched a finger to his forehead, looking at the golden blood that now covered it. The demon had caught him by surprise, but it wouldn't happen again.

"As much as you want my wings, I can't give them to you. They're quite useful, see?" With that, he revealed his wings and sped off into the sky. That demon could be dealt with later...who was really concerned with was Epirus. What was Chorin planning?

Meanwhile, the fake Daniel ran through the forest, hoping to lead Epirus to the real one. Then, the two "friends" could destroy each other. His thoughts were interrupted upon seeing a flash of white flying low overhead. Perfect.

The demon morphed just his voice to sound like that of Epirus's. "Daniel!"

The angel blinked upon hearing his name. Epirus? He descended into the trees only to be met with someone who was a mirror image of him. The only difference was the imposter's malicious aura. "Who..."

Before he could finish, the fake Daniel fled into the shadows, leaving the real one right in his trail.

Lowen Thorn

Epirus was right on Daniel's trail, but momentarily lost him.

And then found him again. The real Daniel.

Epirus approached the Angel with fuming red eyes, his whip already ready to attack. "Daniel," he hissed under his breath, taking a few steps toward him. "I thought it was rather strange that an Angel would be so keen to accompany a demon on his work."

He didn't wait another second at that. He lashed his arm and the whip traveled directly at the boy, targeting his wings.

Jiaolong

Suddenly, Epirus was there, a look of pure murder on his face.

The chase, the imposter, the demons...with a sickening realization, he found that the pieces were starting to fall into place. But before Daniel could say anything, Epirus lashed out with his whip. The angel stepped aside just before it could take off his wing, but the weapon still managed to graze it, sending a flurry of feathers falling to the ground.

"Epirus, stop!"

He didn't want to fight his friend. His first friend. What had Chorin done?

Lowen Thorn

Epirus was beyond talking. His eyes were both burning red and cold as ice at the same time as he took another swing at the Angel. This was the nature of his true demon kind.

Anger. Hatred. Why would anyone ever bother with friendship with someone such as he. He only served one purpose in this world, and he almost lost sight of it.

To Kill.

Jiaolong

Daniel narrowly evaded yet another attack, racking his brain for a way to calm the demon down. His stoic composure had disappeared; instead, it was replaced by the pain of Epirus's rejection.

"No! This is what Chorin was planning! He wanted to turn us against each other!"

He dodged again, resisting the urge to simply run away. If he did, Epirus would hate him forever...

((OOC: in this fight scene, Epirus can land whatever attacks he wants on Daniel. Beat him up if you want lol))

Lowen Thorn

[OOC: Lol, I wasn't sure what all I could do. I'm not huge on big character vs character fight scenes, so I won't be at it too much longer xD]

"Hold still," he finally mustered to speak through his teeth.

Epirus didn't believe a word the angel said, not after what he saw back at the cabin. Not anymore. Anymore talking was just going to confuse him further, and perhaps make him hesitate. He had no time to hesitate - he was going to kill Daniel, and then he was going to kill Chorin.

There was no longer any need to collect souls now that he was banished to human form. He would not be controlled any longer. He was going to rid himself of anything and anybody that held him to that position, and move on with his life.

He jumed to the side swiftly and sent another swinging lash of his whip.

This time, it landed. The weapon wrapped around the boy's leg, and Epirus drew him in.

Jiaolong

Daniel yelped as the whip wrapped around his leg and yanked him to the ground as Epirus dragged him back.

He knew full well the demon could kill him if he really wanted to. And it seemed like he really, really wanted to. And for the first time since he could remember, he felt real fear.

It wasn't that he was afraid of getting killed—he was afraid of the aftermath, of what else Chorin would do, of the belief Epirus would hold that Daniel had betrayed him.

From the shadows of a nearby tree, Chorin watched the scene unfold with sickening glee. He'd already planned what he would do next: after Epirus killed the angel, he would reveal the plot and watch the demon suffer.

As he was dragged across the ground, Daniel saw a pair of eyes glint in the darkness—a pair he knew well.

Chorin.

Daniel allowed his halo to appear, engulfing the area in a blinding white light.

Tags: