Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Rianharr Thalance, Self-Proclaimed Fashion Police

Started by quaggan, April 06, 2018, 02:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quaggan

__________________QUICK STATS
Name: Rianharr Thalance. Friends and people who dislike grappling with pronunciation call him Ria'
Orientation: Bisexual biromantic
Species: Half-elf
Ethnicity: Serenian
Height: Depends on how high are his heels
Occupation: One man fashion revolution and a student at Wyrdwood Academy
Residence: Wyrdwood Academy student dorms

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description: Ria' puts a lot of effort into keeping his appearance as amazing as it is. He spends a small fortune on creams to keep his complexion pristine and worthy of his pretty face, combs his long silky hair every day and usually wears a robe that makes heads turn. Ria' loves to accessorize (within the limits of common sense and recent fashion, of course!) and frequently sports some tasteful jewelry or other trinkets. Unlike other mages, their purpose is to augment his looks rather than magical power. He has also recently dyed his hair purple in order to match his new robe better.
Image removed. Please read our art usage policy. Thank you!
music

Personality: Ria' thrives on people's attention that feeds his ego. His true passion is fashion and beauty, something he's willing to enforce at all costs. He's missed many lessons because he saw a student desperately in need of a makeover, and most professors have gotten into a good habit of just throwing him out whenever he starts ranting about whatever they're wearing. Should anyone mess with his hair or clothes, they would face his imminent wrath - but only if there's a way to get revenge without getting dirty. Under this fancy (and very important) exterior, Ria' is a devoted friend always ready to help those important to him.

Magic/Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of fashion trends and clothing
- Excellent tailor, barber and makeup artist
- Magic-wise, he has a decent grasp of the basics

Relationships:
- Plutonius Kingshield, bestie

History:
An excerpt from a letter sent by Lord Harold Thalance to an unknown mage within the Wyrdwood Academy:

"I am writing this to you in utmost confidence. This information is very sensitive, and not something I'd want repeated. Do me a favour and upon reading, transform this letter into a frog or something. The issue is simple: I need your help and I'm calling in this debt from ten years ago.

Do you remember my son? I'm sure you do - few people can forget what he said about my cousin's hairstyle at the party last spring. He's the problem - or, more precisely, my foolish actions as a youth are. I don't relish the thought of reliving those memories, but you deserve to know the whole story. I wouldn't ask you to just blindly trust me without telling you the truth.

And the truth is, I kept a mistress, Sylvia. Many men in my position do, it isn't something that rare. I got her and my wife Adria pregnant at roughly the same time, and at a whim, I asked Sylvia to keep the child. I had a dream of my kids growing up together, you see. She grumbled a little - she wasn't too fond of children, you see, but in the end, I managed to convince her.

The problem started when they gave birth. My legitimate child was stillborn. In a fit of stupidity that I mistook for brilliance, I took Sylvia's son and switched them, and bribed the midwife to stay silent. Neither Adria nor Sylvia ever learned the truth, and Rianharr was raised as my trueborn son.

Yes, I know it was stupid, and recently I was faced with undeniable proof. Ria' has started to exhibit signs of his true parentage - ears started getting pointier, you know the stuff. I didn't want Adria to get suspicious, and unfortunately, there have been no elves in our family trees close enough to be an excuse.

Fortunately, Ria' has some magic talent, and you owe me one. I've decided to send him to the Wyrdwood Academy. If there's some procedure that can help, or an illusion to make him look more human, please find it for him. If not, I instructed the boy to say that his ears got hurt in a magic accident. What I did was stupid, but he doesn't deserve to suffer the sins of his father.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads
- Two rule breakers walk into a tavern... with Sariandi Colton

Complete Threads
- A Magician Never Reveals Her Secrets with Professor Dorothy Summers, Arthur Clearwater, Obedience Barebone, Plutonius Kingshield and Susie Rainfeather
- Visiting old acquaintances and new relations with Neese, Aahva Chatterjee, Beatrix Evans, Lulu Von Grimmelshausen, Kassandra Eimhar and Carvaine Ayleward