Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Beginnings in a New Land

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2006, 10:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Fortunato felt out of place the moment he stepped through the thickly curtained door.

This building had stairs, unlike many others in the village bearing only ladders.  And it was, indeed, run by a man from Serendipity, as one the fellows at the cartography office had insisted.  No one else Fortunato could see from the door, save a group of sailors, looked anything like a mainlander.

But the man, slightly taller than Fortunato and almost comical in manner, rushed up, wiped a hand on his simple slacks before clapping a shoulder and thundering, “Welcome, goodly sir!  Not often we get folks of your station here.  What can I do for you?â€?

“I seek a meal for the evening and lodging, if available, sir.â€?  He never missed a beat; the whole thing came out smooth and natural in a very pleasing voice.  Then Fortunato gestured behind himself, subtly.  â€œI believe there should be others from the ship I arrived on; we were directed here, and they’ll likely want the same, if it’s no trouble.â€?

The man seemed taken aback a moment, then continued, patting Fortunato on the shoulder rather heavily, smiling.  â€œOf course not!  What’s the point of an inn if you can’t see to customers?  I’ll get to work on those rooms right away; make yourself right at home.â€?

Even as he found a table and sat, placed his bags on the floor next to his chair while the man bustled off, Fortunato thought every eye in the place upon him, especially after that exchange.  He acted as if nothing were wrong, and waited on any acquaintances from the ship.

Anonymous

Randuil Nithel walks into the Inn with a glace about at first as he tugs lightly at his robe to make sure it was inside befoer the dor shut.  After a moment of looking he sighed and made his way to the Inns bar to get a drink as he rested his free arm on his shoulder bag since his other hand was gripped tightly to a staff.

"A nice silent place to start this life is a welcome start..."

It was ahrd to see the elf smirk since the hood to his crimson robes was still drawn up.  Once he reached the bar he looked at the bar maid behind the counter.

"Any type of wine would be appricated." A gental smile crossed the face of Randuil as the bar maid smiled and fetched his drink.

"That will be..." The young bar maid stopped as Randuil hands her a small jewel.

"I am sure that will be enoguh..." The elf took his drink and staff making his way to a seat near the fire place (even if there is no fire >_< not to sure of the layout though)[/i]

Rhindeer

Yoren was so happy to be on land...

Normally, the first thing she would have wanted to do was explore. Goodness, but she'd never been across seas before, much more to a place that supposedly hadn't been much traveled. She wanted nothing more than to whip out her sketchbook and get started on documenting things, and she was especially interested in speaking with the locals--or at least those that spoke Common; she wondered what the main language was...or if magic was as alive here as it was in much of the blasphemous mainland. Yet, unfortunately for her...the fact that she had never been across seas before was the very problem.

Trudging along, considerably less enthusiastic than many of her other "shipmates" at the moment and feeling sick enough that she couldn't feel awkward--though fascination was more her thing than awkwardness was--Yoren managed to shuffle her way after the others to the inn, her face drawn, shadows beneath her eyes, her red hair pulled up into a careless, frazzled bun. Already she wasn't looking forward to the trip back, and she could swear that the world was still swaying, back and forth, up and...urp...

She took a deep breath of sea air and, slinging her bag of belonglings over her right shoulder, made her way bravely up the stairs.

Yoren was relieved to find the scent of alcohol was not too overpowering, because right now, well, the scent of alcohol to her would be like a brick to the nose. Or gut. Whichever. Oh well, she wasn't really complaining. After all, what was a little sea sickness when she was here? She'd get over it soon enough, maybe she just needed some water and rest...

She made it just in time to catch the ending of one of her shipmate's sentences, the man she'd been introduced to as Fortunato. Oh, good. The rooms had already been taken care of. Offering a tired smile Fortunato's way, she plopped down in a chair across from him, letting her own bag drop to the floor wth a careless thud. Wasn't like she had anything breakable in there. Unless she forgot she did, which with her was a normal occurance. Oops. "My, you look well," she commented conversationally, laying an arm on the table and resting her chin upon it after pushing her glasses back up on her nose. Ill-feeling though she was, that never stopped her from talking before, nor did it stop her from being forward. Others might be shy, but Yoren never had been. She was far too curious to be shy.

"The both of you do," she amended, glancing back to where the other man sat. Then she gave a small laugh. "It does feel like I'm the only one who hasn't been on a ship before! Or is it just that the motion doesn't bother you? Ah! But enough of that! Is it what you imagined it would be like? This place, I mean."

[Agh...sorry for the crap post. XD First posts for characters are always hard for me. >.> And sorry it took so long]
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

RAnduil manages a smirk as he hears the well needed hyper Yoren making her greetings.

"Well aren't you full of energy?" Randuil chuckled slightly as he glances over at Yoren, "Well first off travel isn't much a problem to me either by foot or water I am all to use to it." Randuil sighs.

Randuil stands taking his staff in hand as he does, his bag still hanging on his open arm.
"And this place is different then I expected but not sure how much yet though." Randuil shrugs then makes his way over to where Yoren is.

"And yourself?  Glad to see new palces?"