Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Master Plan, Meet the Canary Crew [M] [DragonSong]

Started by Lowen Thorn, April 06, 2018, 05:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowen Thorn

The natives gave her a puzzled look when she began to speak, most not understanding. Even the ones who did understand chose not to answer. To capture the girl were their orders, and they fully intended to do so. Forming a circle around her, they began closing in.

---

"Time to make my escape," Din muttered under his breath.

Scooting over until his back was against the wall, he used his feet from underneath him and his shoulder blades behind to slowly, but steadily, scale his way back up to a standing position. While he attempted this, he would give it a go. No better time than the present!

He began to hum an unfamiliar tune - slightly upbeat and in his mind, heroic, as he pushed with all of his might to regain his footing. The young bandit was actually giving himself a theme song as motivation to get out of the situation.

And it worked, temporarily.

As soon as he got to his feet, he attempted hobbling over to a little table in the shack. There was nothing physically on the table that he could use to free himself from the ropes, and whoever captured him had already stripped him of his weapons, but perhaps he could use the edge of the table to loosen the knot.

It was increasingly difficult when his hands were tied behind his back, his feet together, and an additional rope around the rest of his body for good measure. But he was certainly going to give it his all.

The humming continued.

'I really hope Rose doesn't hear this.'

Just as he got inches away from the table, one of the tribesman swung through the door. Shouting something in a language Dinny didn't quite understand, he swung the club end of his spear at him - landing directly into the side of the bandit's face.

Out cold, once again.

DragonSong

Rose gritted her teeth. She was in no shape to fight, and she knew it. Maybe if she hadn't been so badly outnumbered, but as it was? No chance.

Hands still raised, she ducked her eyes and waited for the strangers to approach. She had no intention of resisting them.

Lowen Thorn

Some lifted their spears, pointing the tip close enough to touch her face if they moved any further. Another man shouted out something that, though not very clear, sounded like an order, and the rest that surrounded her moved in to take the surrendered woman.

Two man grabbed one arm each, and another stood behind her with the point of a spear at her back. They motioned to move forward into the deeper wooded area, where they would bring her to the little shack that Din resided in.

---

Dinny grumbled as he came to again, wincing at the feeling of pain in his right cheek bone where they had struck him last. He attempted to sit upright, but only failed and flopped back to the ground.

He gave it another try, this time succeeding. "Oh my gods," he hissed through his teeth. "These bastards are going to beat me stupid."

Leaning his back against the wall, he tried to concentrate on his breathing for a moment and think. He needed to think things through - what was he going to do? He was in no position to escape; even if he did it wouldn't take long for the natives to catch back up to them.

Wait.

Rose! Rose was still out there. She wasn't in the shack with him so she must still be out there, out of harm's way. Surely, she would come for him. Wouldn't she?

He grimaced at the thought. After what happened back on the ship, she probably wouldn't come for him. He shut his eyes and let out a desperate sigh.

"Oh fuck. I'm going to die here," he groaned. "What a way to go."

DragonSong

"Go where, exactly?" Rose asked as she was shoved into the little shack. "Oi!" She glared over her shoulder at her captors. "Easy on the merchandise, huh?"

She didn't expect an answer, and she didn't get one. Her hands were pulled behind her back and bound. She allowed it with a sigh, looking back to Dinny.

"So. You're stuck here too."

Lowen Thorn

Din was in a state of dizziness when the woman was pushed into the shack with him. Finally realizing she was there, his eyes widened as he focused on her figure.

"Well, fuck my face and call me Rata," he groaned, attempting to sit up. "Thanks gods you are okay. I was starting to get a little worried about you."

DragonSong

She snorted. "I think you're the one you should be worried about. Charming turn of phrase by the way," she added with a roll of her eyes.

She glanced toward the door and shuffled closer to him. "They haven't tried to hurt you or anything, have they?"

Lowen Thorn

"Oh, they beat the shit out of me," he lied, though his wincing face might convince her otherwise. He sighed and shook his head. "No, not really. They knocked me out. Twice. The second time a little more painful, and will probably leave a mark."

He tilted his head to give her a look at the right side of his face, where the second blow was dealt. "You tell me," he said through a heavy breath. "How do I look?"

DragonSong

Rose rolled her eyes, but she chuckled a bit for his bravado. "Cute as ever," she assured him dryly. Her brows drew together in a soft frown when she got a better look at the mark on the side of his face and she leaned in, a little ungainly with her hands bound.

"Mm. Probably gonna leave quite a mark, but you should live," she said eventually with a shrug. She was so close now that her breath nearly ghosted over his collar as she spoke.

Lowen Thorn

The bandit grinned at her calling him "cute," probably a little more than he would have liked to. "Now you're just being sweet.. Are you sure you're not.. pulling a fast one on me again?" he asked softly, turning his head just enough to meet her eyes.

He smiled again, unconcerned with the situation and what might happen to them, if only for that moment. "Not the ideal first date, huh?"

DragonSong

She almost felt guilty for a moment, but then she was smirking again. "I've had worse, believe it or not."

A little impulsively, she pecked his cheek before settling back. "I...am sorta sorry about that, by the way."

Lowen Thorn

His face flushed a bit, but perhaps that was just the soreness of his cheek bone.

"There's nothing to be sorry about," he said, shaking his head. "You were just doing your job. Hell, I was doing the same. We were robbing those people, and were going to leave them stranded. I got so excited that I was just going to wing it."

He sat back, leaning his head against the wall and mustered a small chuckle. "We were going to Serendipity," he said, almost in disbelief himself. "I was going to take you to Serendipity without a way back. I didn't even think it through. That's just so... terrible."

DragonSong

Rose chuckled bitterly and leaned back against a wall of the shack, closing her eyes. "Not as terrible as child trafficking."

She cracked one eye open to glance at him sidelong. "That's what he was doing, you know. Elias. That's why I had a hit on him."

Lowen Thorn

Dinny lifted his head from the wall, giving her a quick glance. "Child trafficking?" he repeated. "Well, I'm sorry about how I acted then. I may have... overreacted a bit. Sounds like that bastard deserved to die then."

Trying to adjust his position against the wall, he slipped and slumped over, the back of his head landing in the center of the woman's lap. Whoops. Looking up at her, he flashed her a bashful smile and said, "That was an accident."

DragonSong

"Of course he did." She shrugged. "I don't kill innocents, Din. I've got some morals--"

Her voice choked off in a sharp squeak as his head landed firmly in her lap. She blinked, eyes a little wider than normal, then chuckled and shook her head.

"It'd better have been," she growled, mock-stern. Her eyes twinkled, despite the less-than-ideal situation.  "Comfy down there?"

Lowen Thorn

"This is the most comfortable I've ever been in my life," he said, clearly smitten with himself.

He closed his eyes for a moment and eased out a soft breath. They should get shipwrecked and stranded together more often, he thought.

Opening his eyes, he pushed himself to an upright position. "Okay!" he finally declared, sliding his back next to the wall once more. He again pushed his back to the wall, using his feet, knees, and shoulders as leverage to position himself back on his feet.

"I'm getting us out of here," he said, hobbling back over to the corner table.

DragonSong

Rose watched him with one eyebrow raised. "And how exactly do you plan to do that?"

Lowen Thorn

The man shuffled around until his back was to the corner of the table. "Oh, you know," he said through focused breaths as he rubbed the rope binding his wrists behind him on the table. "Little bit of this, little bit of that, aaaaand-"

After another moment, the man pulled his arms from behind his back and out into the open; the rope falling loosely around one arm and onto the floor. "Give me a little credit, Rose," he beamed. "This isn't the first time I've been tied up before."

Bending over, he began untying the ropes circled around his ankles, and then removing the rest before peering at her with pink cheeks and saying, "It's not what it sounds like."

Once all the binds were removed, he quickly tip-toed over to Rose and knelt down in front of her. "Okay, hold still."

DragonSong

Rose laughed laughed, wrinkling her nose up at him. "Kinky. I didn't peg you for the type," she teased as she twisted so he could reach her bound hands.

"Alright, so we get untied. How do we get out of here without siccing the whole village on us?"

Lowen Thorn

Reaching around her, he began removing the ropes around her wrists. "I haven't thought that far through yet," he admitted with a sheepish grin. "Act first, think later - that's sort of my motto if you haven't been able to tell already."

Once her hands were free, he moved to the binds around her legs and feet, working on them as fast, and as quiet, as he could. "We should probably play to our strengths here," he continued. "You're an assassin, right? I mean, you are kind of a bad ass.. So getting away from these people should be easy for you.. If you have a distraction."

He finished untying the ropes that bound her legs. "That's where I come in. One of my biggest strengths is that I can be very loud when I need to be, and can garner as much wanted, or unwanted, attention as I desire. I'm going to create a distraction for you so you can slip out of here."

DragonSong

"Whoa, hang on." She frowned as she twisted so he could better get at the rope around her ankles. "What happens to you? I'm not just gonna leave you here."