Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Something Unsightly (Yeti!)

Started by Eckhart_Von_Musel, September 17, 2018, 01:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Apirka beamed at the man, clasping her hands together. "Why, that's wonderful! You've picked a good year to visit too, everybody's projects are shaping up to be something spectacular." The priestess let out a sigh. "Myyla smiles on us..."

"She's not gonna smile on me if I don't find my pendant soon!" Vincent cried. "Please tell me you're not gonna forget!"

Yeti

"Oh? Oh! Of course I haven't forgotten, Vincent! We'll- I mean, you'll find it-"

Wait what had the priestess just said?

"-it right away. Yes..."

No, no she hadn't uttered that name. He must have misheard. Preposterous. No human even knew who that was right? He only knew the name from scary stories the colony told during Harvest season. Those really creepy stories...

He shivered.

Surely no human knew that name. It'd be silly. That name that nearly struck a chord of fear in his heart, nearly made him choke on his own saliva, made him almost drop Vincent where they stood. He'd heard wrong. Maybe she'd said Mika, or Maya, or some other not-Myyla.

It was okay! No need to freak out! Fiero snapped out of a fear-induced haze, almost leading himself and Vincent straight into a sign. He stopped just in time to look.

"Oh we're here!" He announced, bouncing back into his ever-chipper mood.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Apirka blinked twice, then turned around to give Vincent a compassionate look. "Oh, Honey..." she said softly, gently placing her hand on the boy's shoulder. "Why didn't you say so earlier? We'll find your stone, I promise."

The boy flinched at her touch, pulling himself away. "I-I didn't ask you!"

The priestess smiled gently, a gesture she realized too late he wouldn't be able to see. "You don't need to." she said simply. Straightening herself up, Apirka turned to Fiero. "Take him inside, get him warmed up. I'm going to organize a search party."

Apirka would walk away, her talismans jingling in the distance. Vincent scoweled. "Ugh, goddess! Can you believe her?"

Yeti

Fiero waved, seeing Aprika off as she went to summon a search party. Well, that hadn't gone the worst... But there was still the festival. Best to be more careful next time...

"I can believe her certainly." Fiero opened the door, immediately feeling the comfortable warmth invigorate his frosted exoskeleton. "She seems genuinely concerned about your pendant, as I was. Is this something you really don't like?"

The tavern was warm and glowing with light. It reminded him of home a little bit. The sound of people singing a drinking song in the background brought a smile to his face. It took some will power to resist attempting to add his own voice to the mix. He could see humans chatting around tables, around the bar, around the hearth... It was beautiful!

He eagerly lead Vincent to a table, setting them up to sit across from each other.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

"She only cares because she thinks I'm weak!" Vincent spat as he was led inside the tavern. "If I- if she thought I was stronger, she wouldn't be fussing over me!"

The warmth the building brought was followed by the smell of hot food, and the sounds of laughter and song filled the air. Vincent scowled. "They're probably laughing at me." he thought bitterly. "I bet they think it's a riot." Fiero soon helped the boy into a chair, where he stared blankly into space. "I'm not sure if you could tell, but I'm not exactly rich. I hope you actually have money and not just wasting our time."

Yeti

Swiftly, Fiero produced a small bag, as if awaiting him to say those exact words. "Of course I came prepared. I'm not an amateur." He beamed, holding a small bundle of tiny, golden pieces.

He was actually sort of giddy. His peers, who had informed him of some basic human conveniences (such as clothes - one should never forget to adorn their glamour with clothes), had allotted him gold bits of varying types and shapes to handle the art of making a transaction.

"What do you want to eat? They have a lot of options here." Actually Fiero had no idea what they had here, but going off of other patrons he knew they at least had soup or mead if Vincent couldn't answer him.

He was hungry himself, but eating while glamoured tended to have some weird results. Last thing he needed was to draw attention after the episode outside.

Eckhart_Von_Musel

Vincent's nose wrinkled. "A lot to eat, sure." he thought, folding his arms. "Probably all garbage food." Still, the boy's stomach growled at the thought of a warm meal. Vincent honestly couldn't remember the last time he'd had one, and to make a fuss now seemed foolish.

"Tomato soup." he said flatly. "Get me tomato soup. The chunky kind." Surely, the inn would have that on the menu?