Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Corvus' Wants and Limits

Started by Corvus, May 25, 2018, 01:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvus

CORVUS' WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
Adventure/action, drama, SP00KY stuff. :B I love horror. Also like plots that don't shy away from hard stuff and have a lot of moral grey to them. (Think Game of Thrones, I guess).

Same with relationships. I prefer them to have a lot of complexity, tension, hypocrisy, etc. Gimme sum love-hate relationships bby.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?
I'm pretty much open to anything, honestly.

What are your favorite character types to play?
Pretty messed up ones. :B I usually play characters who have some kind of inner conflict, angsty mofos, and overall imperfect folks. Physical and mental diversity is important to me; I also tend to play a lot of LGBT characters.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

It depends on the thread for me. If it's integral to the character's plot and needs to progress in a certain way, then I'll usually give the player an end goal, but how we get there is the fun part! As for just casual threads, pansting is my favorite cuz I never know what's going to happen.

How do you feel about group threads?
Fine with me! I enjoy them, though if a character goes MIA for a while and isn't integral to the action/plot, then I usually ask permission to skip them if we're following a post order (or if I can't get in touch with them, I usually skip ahead).

I normally do post orders with group threads.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?
I try my darndest to get a reply out (at latest) by 2 weeks. However, I usually reply every other day, sometimes every day. It just depends on the length of the posts and how much energy I have.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I can wait 2 weeks, and by then I can nudge ya. Anything longer than a month and I'll assume it's dead (unless you message me). I'm patient and I can wait a while, but please just let me know! TAT

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?
For me IM RP is more of a silly character dev thing than "canon." I prefer forum posts, but hit me up on Discord. :V

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
I think it's really fun, but kind of unusual for me to have the time/muse to do it. Usually it takes me around 1-2 hrs to post (though sometimes 30 min or less if it's super short).

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?
Anything and everything! For action I keep stuff short, though.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

I love it when my RP bud is enthusiastic, loves to talk about our characters and plot, loves getting into the psychology of characters, etc. For me the most fun thing about RP is the relationships characters can form (not necessarily romantic, but friends, enemies, etc). I like my RPs to be "deep," if that makes sense, so that means not shying away from difficult topics and emotions (within reason of course, and I will always respect your triggers and limits).

I also love love LOVE worldbuilding, lore, character and monster creation, so I'd be happy to brainstorm if you need me!

As far as posts go, it's great when an RPer has a strong grip on their character and doesn't play them OOCly for the sake of toning them down. Villains and imperfect characters are my jam. I also love it when RPers throw a curveball into the thread, plot twists, unexpected directions or situations, etc. I also appreciate when RPers add in NPCs if necessary to keep it fresh, create challenges, and so on. My favorite threads are those that keep twisting and evolving, and have a lot of character development.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?
Please no one-liners or posts that are really hard to respond to. I don't like to pull the entire weight of the thread and be the only one generating NPCs and plot twists. Plz help. T_T

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
For minor stuff like punching, shoving, minor cuts, etc, no problem, especially if we're in a fight. But for more serious injuries, attacks, etc, please leave it open-ended or consult me. I'm totally game for you ripping off my character's ear, but unless we've agreed that it's a free-for-all anything goes fight, tell me first yo.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
If it develops naturally, sweet. I love it. However, I don't do pre-planned romances. Arranged marriages, sure, but again, I prefer chemistry between the characters to happen organically through RP. Generally I fade to black for the dirty, but it really just depends on how comfortable I feel with the players/characters. I can be open to smut.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

I'm pretty much okay with everything! With regard to sexual assault though, that's kind of a case-by-case basis for me. I won't RP it out myself, but for example, if it happens to a non PC in a post, or is a flashback from a PC's POV, I'm okay with it so long as it isn't extremely detailed.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
No limits here.

What about healing?
Depends on the character/situation. For example, if it's integral to the character and their development, then no; if it's a minor injury, sure. As long as healing isn't a "cop out" I'm good with it.

What about characters being transformed against their will?
Please consult me before, especially if it's a permanent thing!

Anything else?
Under NO circumstances will I RP incest,  underage sex, or graphic nonconsensual sex.

GIF source: https://juliendouvier.tumblr.com/post/109712837991
Credit to Julien Douvier!