Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Call of the Mermaid [M]

Started by Celegwen, May 18, 2018, 02:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celegwen

When he grabbed her hand, the girl stopped and looked from their hands to his eyes. His question was one that she couldn't even think about at that moment. Confused and feeling more lost than ever before, Raina just wanted to get back to normal.

Whatever that was now...

She parted her lips to speak, but wasn't even sure what she planned to say. Raina pursed her lips together and slowly pulled her hand out of his. There was no verbal response, nor the slightest hint of preference displayed by her body language. She looked away from him and took a few steps backwards, before turning with a light jog towards the docks.

Raina stopped at the beginning of the dock, looking back at Silas. Once again, she found herself at a loss for words. Despite wanting to see him again, there was no way she would make that guarantee when the likelihood was against it. Instead, she leapt into a sprint down the dock and dove off the end of it.

Lowen Thorn

Silas didn't fight it. He felt her hand slip from his own and he watched her with soft eyes as she backed away and turned to flee back to the water.

What just happened exactly? She didn't say a fucking word, she just... left. He could still taste her lips on his own, and he could still feel her touch on the back of his neck. At least, that's what it felt like. He probably should have said something, but he didn't. Not at first.

Instead he walked toward the docks the woman had made her way for. His heart was still racing yet he was somehow calm at the same time, and his pace to the docks was slow. "Raina," he tried to communicate telepathically after seeing her dive under the ocean's surface.

He wouldn't go after her this time.

He knew they would see each other again soon.

Celegwen

Almost two weeks had passed since the night she had last seen Silas. It was strange to be in the life she considered to be normal and not feel right. It was late morning, and she swam towards the beach where she had first encountered the man. Everything looked much different under the water; held a more mysterious energy.

Raina stopped when she saw the ship. She hadn't been back there since she took the necklace from one of the cabins, so she had actually forgotten the vessel was there... Forgotten about her promise...

'If you can survive for one week, all seven days, I'll personally bring you to the mainland and even restore your ship.'

Though part of her was almost glad to have an excuse to see him again, the logical part of her looked at her tail, remembering just what their situation was. They were from two different worlds, and that wasn't just something to forget. Either way, a promise was a promise...

Despite being underwater, the ship really wasn't all that damaged. Even if some repairs had to be made, she would float. The mermaid outstretched her hand towards the boat, water swirling around it and breaking it free from the sea floor, up to the surface.

Raina followed it quickly, lifting herself to the surface and catching onto one of the ropes as the ship turned upright. She smirked and swung onto the floor, landing smoothly and making her way to the crows nest as the ship emptied of water. She held onto the mast, standing on the edges of the wooden rails with the salty breeze blowing through her hair.

A strong wind picked up, catching the ship and pushing her towards the Serenian docks. It didn't matter that the mermaid had never sailed in her life. Why would she direct the sails when she controlled the wind?

Lowen Thorn

Almost two weeks since he last saw Raina, and not once was he able to take his mind off of her. Truth be told, he didn't expect to see her again, but he wasn't upset about it. He was happy. Happy to have known her in the short time, in that quick whirlwind of events, and it kept a smile on his face every day since that night on the docks.

Sure, she originally aimed to kill him, but instead she saved him. More than once. Why? Well, certainly she had grown a little sweet on him.. or maybe, it was just his imagination, and the affection only went one way. But she did kiss back, and that kiss meant the world to him. It sounded silly, playing it back in his head over and over again, because it was just a little kiss.. but it was the last thing he thought about before falling asleep at night, and the first thing he remembered when waking up the next day.

Something happens to a man when he is gifted such bliss, and Silas carried that euphoric sensation on his shoulders and in his face. He felt happy and content, and talked and walked in confident stride to the point to where other women around Cerenis were beginning to notice.

It happened gradually, but Silas had become rather... popular with the fairer kind. However, he wasn't sure why. He never had such luck in the past, but he'd be lying if he said the positive attention wasn't a nice feeling.

He resisted for a while, but try as he might, he couldn't keep turning down the company of a nice young woman when the likelihood of him seeing Raina again were slim to none. So, on this day, he found himself on a date. He and a lovely young lady sat on a bench near the docks, exchanging pleasantries and laughs for an hour or so, despite the man's thoughts being elsewhere.

Celegwen

The docks approached, ships anchored in the harbor with smaller boats tied off. There were several men partially in the water with a few women on the shore holding baskets and buckets that were probably filled with the morning's catch.

The salty air, sounds of laughter, wind at her back... That was definitely the kind of life Raina could see herself getting used to. She'd never sailed before, but that was a damn good first experience.

As she drew closer, only one person - rather two people - caught her eye.

Silas was sitting on a bench near the docks with a brunette in a sundress. Well, that certainly wasn't what Raina had expected to see upon her arrival. She narrowed her eyes, jumping down to the floor and releasing the ship's anchor with a loud splash into the water.

"I make good on my promises," Raina said telepathically.

She grabbed hold of a rope and leapt off the side of the ship, sliding gently when she touched the ocean's surface. The girl walked gracefully over the water towards the docks, drawing quite a few eyes as she did so. That was the point, after all.

Raina stepped easily onto the dock, walking closer to Silas without acknowledging the girl next to him. She folded her arms over her chest, a smirk tugging at her lips. "I think I'll take you up on that dinner offer."

Lowen Thorn

I make good on my promises.

The huge smile on his face had nothing to do with Myra, the pretty young thing who kept him company by the docks, but everything to do with the voice that just cut through his mind. He jerked his head toward the sea to see the approaching ship, his ship, and her. Seeing his ship fully restored was one thing as he had completely forgotten that part of the deal, but seeing Raina walking through the water to get to him was what really mattered.

She looked just as beautiful as he remembered. It had only been two weeks, but it felt like they were reuniting after a lifetime of waiting.

Eyes wide and beaming from ear to ear, he stood to meet her eye level. "I was hoping you'd say that."

"Silas, what is this?" Myra asked, growing hot in the face.

Silas barely managed to acknowledge his date's question, merely waving his hand absently as he locked gaze with Raina. "Sorry," he said in a murmur. "Something just came up."

Celegwen

His dismissal of his date was the ideal response, and Raina simply gave the other girl a slightly victorious look out of the corner of her eye. She looked back to him and reached out, sliding her hand down his wrist and lacing her fingers between his.

She nodded towards town and started that way. The mermaid flicking her left hand behind her, making a small spout of water leap up to saturate the other girl. A different smirk crossed her lips, knowing what she did without needing to turn around.

"She was cute," Raina said, glancing up at Silas. "Didn't think she was your type, though."

Lowen Thorn

That's funny.

The man could've sworn he heard someone shriek behind him and then start yelling out his name, but it must have been his imagination. Raina had actually made the first move - accepted his offer and was now holding his hand as they started off into the heart of the city. "She's not," he replied with a warm smile.

He wasn't lying. Myra really wasn't his type. Hells, he never knew he had a type at all until he met Raina.

Calm down, he said to himself as they stepped together, trying to keep at least some composure despite his growing excitement. "So what changed your mind?"

Celegwen

"She did," Raina said, not bothering to hide her grin. "She seemed annoying, so I figured you needed me to save you again."

It was obvious that he wouldn't believe that little excuse, but she never actually intended on passing it off as a real reason. Still, she let a moment of silence pass before shaking her head.

"Okay, fine, I'm lying. I came to return your ship. It was going to be nothing; just leave the ship in the harbor and be gone, but I saw you on the dock and I guess..." Looking up at him briefly, she gave a small - almost coy - shrug. "...I missed you."

Lowen Thorn

There it was.

The moment Silas had been unknowingly waiting for. Truly, he never expected to see her again; but then he did, and now here they were, and then she said that! Fuck. Yes. He looked down at her with a bright smile before wrapping his arm around to her back and pulling her into his chest. "I know," he whispered (and feeling like quite the bad ass in the process) before dipping his neck down and kissing her lips.

The kiss was short lived, as he quickly slipped his hand out of hers and used that arm to scoop her up from under her legs. "Right then," he said proudly, his wraps tightly wrapped under her legs and back to carry her in a rather lovingly way. "Dinner awaits."

Celegwen

The girl grinned when he kissed her, but it was quickly wiped away when he shifted their positions!

Ironic that a mermaid would prefer to have her feet on the ground, but Raina felt her chest tighten as Silas lifted her into the air. She wrapped her arms around his neck instinctively, glancing at the ground.

"If you don't put me down right now," she whispered into his ear, "I can ensure you won't be able to make it to the building."

Raina put one hand on the nape of his neck, gradually heating the water in his body just enough for him to feel what she was doing.

Lowen Thorn

Oh shit!

"Yes ma'am!" he said, gently - but also rather quickly - placing her back onto the ground. He let out a large exhale and scratched the back of his head, his grin sheepish and a little fearful. "S-Sorry about that. I'm just so happy to see you, is all."

Silas hoped that would be enough for her to move past that little incident. He needed to remember just exactly who he was dealing with. She was definitely not just any other woman, and he best not mess it up.

His eyes kind of trailed to the ground, mimicking the appearance of a stray puppy who just got in trouble as he awaited her response.

Celegwen

Firmly on the ground again, she released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Raina saw guilty pup look Silas was giving and rolled her eyes a bit, pursing her lips.

She glanced down and smirked. "Come on," she said softly. "You're supposed to be leading me. I don't know where we're going."

It wasn't a verbal acceptance, but she wasn't really good at that stuff yet. Instead, Raina simply extended her hand to him with a small smile.

Lowen Thorn

His smile returned and he slid his fingers through her own, cupping her hand in a gentle but secure hold. "Right this way, ma'am," he said before tugging her along.

Would it be appropriate to take her to a tavern for a meal? Not only that, but the very same tavern she saw him perform at a couple of weeks ago? It would be a very Silas thing to do, as his comrades of the sea often would say, and so he decided yes. Why not? It is a great little spot - the food isn't half bad and the music there was always nice to listen to regardless of the performer.

"I have a great place in mind," he said through an excited breath. "I know you'll like it!"

Celegwen

The man led her towards a little tavern, and she instantly recognized it as the one in which she heard him sing. It was a nice place, though she didn't have anything to really compare it to! Though human food was a guilty pleasure, Raina hadn't made a habit of frequenting local taverns or inns.

As they approached, a small grin grew on her lips, knowing what he was doing without needing to voice it.

It wasn't as crowded as it had been the other night, though there were a few familiar faces from her prior appearance. She supposed it was because of the time of day: taverns typically started to fill after the sun started to set, so they had a few hours before everyone piled in. Good thing too, as Raina really wasn't looking forward to being surrounded by people.

"Is this the only place you know in town?" She prodded with a slightly conceded smirk.

Lowen Thorn

Silas began to chuckle before she could even finish her question. "You caught me," he replied playfully. "It's not the only place I know, but it's the best."

He slipped out of her hand right before they were just outside of the building and took a couple of quick steps to get in front of her. He turned to face her with a quick grin. Obviously he was going to have to hold the door open for her. Even if he was technically taking her to a tavern, a place where drunks often frequented, didn't mean that he wasn't allowed to be a gentleman. "Right this way m'lady," he said as he held the door. "I'll find us a table in the back so we can have a bit more privacy."

He winked, deciding to tease. "If too many people see you with me, it may ruin your reputation."

Celegwen

"My rep-" She stopped herself, wiping the momentary confusion from her face. "Right."

She walked to the back of the room, making eye contact with one of the barmaids. Raina was flattered by his opening the door for her, though she wasn't really sure what the purpose of it was. Human etiquette was a foreign concept, so she just decided to accept the action with a small smile.

As they made it to the table, she tapped her fingers briefly on the wood. "So, I'm going to let you order," Raina said, biting her bottom lip in a grin. "I've never had any alcoholic drink, and I'm assuming it would be strange to ask for water with salt?"

Lowen Thorn

Silas smiled gently as he took his seat. He didn't say anything at first, and instead slid his hands over the wooden table until they were on top of hers.

"What are we drinking?" the barmaid's voice interrupted, returning Silas's heartbeat to a steady pace for the moment.

"Wine," he said simply, a smirk tugging at his lips as his eyes stayed on Raina. "Red wine."

"You got it," was her response before she shuffled away to fetch their order.

"You'll love it," Silas said softly, tracing the tip of his forefinger in a slow circular motion around the back of her hand. "If you don't, you can always order water.. though, I'm afraid 'water with salt' may not garner the best response."

Celegwen

The mermaid smirked, turning her hand over with her fingertips touching the bottom of his wrist. She looked slightly up at him, casting a subtle shadow over her eyes without releasing his own from her gaze.

"I'll take your word for it," she said, her voice low.

Raina crossed her legs, delicately sliding her foot inside of his leg. Her hand stayed where it was beneath his own, though she didn't feel the need to still hold an intense stare. She wanted to know just who she was really dealing with then.

"What are you going to tell your shipmates?" She asked. "Surely you've already told them that the ships was wrecked, so how do you plan on explaining this miraculous recovery?"

Lowen Thorn

How delightful it was to feel one of Raina's perfect legs slip into the middle of his own. It was enough to send a tingling sensation to his scalp and then down through his spine. The smile he wore remained playful and grew more satisfied as she flipped her hand over, and his once circling forefinger began moving in and out in correlation with his thumb.

"Well.. That is something to explain, isn't it?" he asked just before the woman placed two glasses of a dark crimson-colored wine onto the table. Instead of addressing her, Silas just peered up for a moment and gave her a little nod of thanks before returning his attention to Raina. "Maybe I won't," he said before taking a sip of the beverage, his eyes involuntarily closing as he appreciated the warm sweet taste trickling down the back of his throat. "I'm leaving the crew soon anyway. Maybe I'll just let them discover it themselves."

Delicately and without breaking contact, he slid the other glass a little closer to his company. "And you? I assume no one knows you are here right now."