Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Faeyia Lennarien, Shapeselfshifter

Started by quaggan, September 11, 2018, 09:22:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quaggan

__________________QUICK STATS
Name: Faeyia Whistlewind
Age: Around twenty, but can look and have the physical capabilities of pretty much any
Species: Human, also subject to change
Ethnicity: Whatever she picks.
Height: 6'2 at the moment, subject to change like pretty much any physical characteristic
Residence: Nomadic

__________________IN-DEPTH STUFF

Physical Description:
Faeyia's current body appears to be one of a young woman of hard to define ethnicity and origin. She crafted it to lack any sort of defining characteristics, and fly under the radar of most people. As desire for anonymity is no excuse to forego advantages, she packed her body full of muscle mass to increase her athletic abilities. Her skin is ambiguously dark, hair mostly unobserved and eyes dark enough to obscure any colour.

Due to usual shapeshifter problem of 'why the fuck should I bother when my transformation rips through clothes', Faeyia varies between buying perishable garments designed for utility rather than appearance, and simply manifesting bone or fur to mimick the effect. At the moment, she's wearing a pair of comfortable boots, dark pants, and a simple shirt rounded out by a tight vest and a leather belt.
music

Personality: Faeyia is a highly playful and cheerful person, always up to enjoy something fun and making new friends. Of course, most sensible people frown on things such as sprouting three additional arms to make the best high five ever, which gets in the way. Despite her travels, she also lacks knowledge of other cultures and customs, which frequently causes misunderstandings. Her playful nature can also make her appear naive or disrespectful when more serious matters are concerned.

Faeyia hates hard work and effort that go against her easygoing nature. Despite that, she's willing to learn new things, especially if they're interesting and useful. She enjoys traveling around the world and seeing new things. She doesn't really have any ethical standards that would raise problems with her way of making a living.

Magic/Abilities: Faeyia was trained as flesh shaper, and most of her spells and abilities resemble those of Thanati masters. However, while they can shape the bodies of others, she cannot. Her ability is limited to only her own flesh, save for a way she developed to absorb biomass by touch. While her magic is restricted by this as well as the conservation of mass, she has otherwise complete control over her flesh. She can shapeshift at will and alter the composition of her body as she pleases.

Relationships: Nope

History: The temples of Thanatos prized knowledge and skill; it wasn't uncommon for them to ensure the education and training of talented children who otherwise were not in position to earn them alone. It is regarded as a worthy investment, as the students end up repaying the debt they accrued many times over, frequently becoming priests or servants of the temple that took them in.

The child who would later go by a consonant-starved name of Faeyia Lennarien was not one of them - she was a dud, a failure. Her gift for flesh shaping was undeniable - she could easily mold her body in any way she desired. But that was not enough - a true master of the art would be able to extend the same effect to others. Her inability to achieve this marked the limit of her usefulness. The moment the last teacher gave up on her, her time at the temple came to an end.

After being kicked out, Faeyia set out on a journey to see the world.

Character Limitations:  Finally, I have a fighter! I would ask you to stick to describing your character's actions and let my judgement make a final call on whether your attack/spell lands - I would do the same. I promise not to abuse this compact and make Faeyia invincible - I am not opposed to her taking hits and getting her ass kicked. If you definitely want to describe the effect in your post, please poke me in a message.

__________________THREAD TRACKER
Current Threads

Complete Threads