Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Dohm Cooper Wants and Limitations

Started by Dohm, October 09, 2018, 12:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dohm

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

I prefer to roleplay plots including combat, development, and opportunity for future scenarios. As for relationships, I am open to all kinds, but to first give my character a little bit of development I'd prefer to meet someone to engage in hostile scenes involving occasional gore and exchange of combat. Also, perhaps running into individuals who share the same ideals and my RP partner IC and OOCly, Lincoln Blackwell.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

Tavern scenes and scenarios involving mostly idle chatter are drab to me. Scenes highlighting only a single character as superior or flashbacks from a single character's history. I do not prefer to involve my character in romantic relationships unless they develop spontaneously through roleplay.

What are your favorite character types to play?

Typically, I enjoy playing antagonists displaying idealistic evil traits. Prejudices developed through trauma, upbringing, or environment. Characters that are most likely to be hated or treated as untrustworthy or an enemy. I also enjoy playing a 'black sheep' or a character that is typically set apart from the others of such an archetype because of characteristics or behaviors that may label him as a bit of a fanatic or criminal.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

I am open to both, it would all depend on the others I am roleplaying with. Combat scenes or scenes where death, injury, or capture is involved I may prefer to plan it out with everyone to just get a basic idea of what everyone's intentions and limitations are with their character.

How do you feel about group threads?

Love it. The more the merrier, as long as everyone is on the same page. This is a scenario where planning a plot may be wiser, or at least setting basic limitations for everyone's character's beforehand.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

Depending on the intensity of the interaction or the preferences of everyone involved. For instance, if a scenario was at its climax I would prefer a limitation of thirty minutes per post, but during idle times setting the scene or developing certain character interactions, those can take much longer.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

At the very most, two or three days depending on the sender's lifestyle.

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

This is perfectly acceptable to me.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?
(Where you and another player post rapidly back and forth in a thread with each other.)

I feel this style of roleplaying has its place in certain situations within a scenario, such as times of long dialogue, but when explaining actions in combat or describing the scenery and appearances characters, detail is adored.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

I prefer descriptive, multi-para posts. I enjoy reading an emote as if it were a passage in a book, describing the characters actions and emotions with colorful vocabulary and depth.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

I love it when other characters have habits and characteristics that have been gained from their own personal history. Scars, fighting styles, magic styles, etc. I love when others write passionately about their characters and hold true to their character's ideals, no matter what it means for them in the current scenario.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

I tend to be open to most other styles.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

I welcome any and all actions, but regard them as attempts. I also prefer when an author recognizes that their character cannot be invincible and must have limitations. For instance, if my character swings a sword, the other character is perfectly capable of stopping it with their bare hands, but there are certainly consequences for this action and their character would sustain an injury.

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

I am very open to this, but prefer the relationships to happen organically. I am also comfortable roleplaying erotic situations, so long as it serves a purpose to deepen both the characters understanding of one another. Rejection and love triangles are all acceptable to me, so long as everyone is staying true to their character. Age differences are fine with me.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

I am comfortable with most, if not all situations. 

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

This is all fine with me.

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

Typically, my rule for healing is that the sooner the wound is tended to, depending on the power of said healer, then no scars are formed. Scars formed on the body cannot be healed and if a healer tends to an injury that has been kept for more than a few hours, scars and limitations to the healing must be applied.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

This is fine with me, but there must also be given an attempt for my character to resist. For instance, he may be able to fight off a werewolf or vampire. Of course, there are also scenarios where this cannot happen, i.e. being bitten while asleep or restrained.

Anything else?

I am open to lots of styles and ideas for relationships, family, and all others! Please feel free to come to me with any criticism or potential ideas for plotlines!

(Anything else you want to add that other players should know!)