Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lincoln Blackwell's 'Wants and Limits'

Started by Da Pacem Domine, October 09, 2018, 01:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da Pacem Domine

PLAYER WANTS

What are your favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

-(I'm typically fervent for the pages of simplicity, story lines enticing every shade of drama, romance, adventure, exuberant battles, take any phantasmal fantasy story and testify that as my general liking, only rather than evoking the hero, I usually prefer to play the antagonist, the most heartless and devoid villains with or without justification of their actions. Romance is also acceptable if produced organically and not spontaneously.

What are your least favorite kinds of plots and relationships to play?

-(Anything regarding uncanny omnipotence, arch demons with four sets of looming bat-wings and an arsenal detrimental enough to level a city-state, generally relationships that without expression, predispose my characters helplessness. Though do not misconstrue me, I'm fine with role playing with/fighting/interacting with demons, mages, shape-shifters, deities, if necessary; though I prefer my character to remain with the liberty of his actions.

What are your favorite character types to play?

-(Generally simple antagonists/villains with a blade, anything within the dells of acute mediocrity, I don't enjoy -playing- hog-wild characters with so many defenses and spells, or malevolent power, unless its a dnd/npc boss ect, as for interacting with aforementioned characters of others, i'd be willing to interact with and even battle, as long as you're able to from the brambles of your power, establish branches of level ground of which we can agree on, then i'm perfectly fine with humble beginnings.

Are you a planner or a pantser? Do you prefer to pre-plan and stick to a script when posting, or do you prefer to surprise and be surprised?

-(I'm flexible in this aspect, some stories are meant for predisposition, others are more enthralling with surprise and twists, the answer to this question ultimately depends on the context of whichever role play is in play.

How do you feel about group threads?

-(I'm a stranger to them, but i'll try anything once before I fall to criticism.

How often can you reply to any given thread? How long should a partner wait before nudging you for a post?

-( I'm allegedly able to reply to any post daily, I have weekly classes, and game -a lot-, but usually within bounds of my computer and able to check to see whats good, ect, this answer is not to be deemed adamant of course, for life is very unexpected in its throes.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?

-( This is simply a thread i'd check a few intervals of everyday, whether or not there are replies wouldn't bother me, though if it is in fact an rp that I've developed a typical ardor for then i'm a patient man and could wait ages, please take your time, we all have this dread called life!

How do you feel about instant messenger RP?

-( This is actually a preferred style, typically I find the longer an rp drags out the more stale it becomes, volleying in messenger or chats of various MMO's has always been the style of which i've been accustomed to.

Ho do you feel about post volleying/rapidfire RP?

-( As aforementioned above, i'm perfectly fine with it, if not even preferring it above all else, though do not let that intimidate you, if your preference is forum, then so is mine.

What's your preferred posting style? Long posts? Short posts? Anything and everything?

-( Which ever the context deems, I can write long or short posts, expect either.

Any RP styles/habits that you love?

-( I simply enjoy quaint backstories, simple yet original characters, someone I could metaphorically engage in an rp with whilst also comfortably able to drink a cup of tea.

Any RP styles/habits that you avoid?

-( In other worlds of rp, I have unfortunately witnessed an uncanny amount of users describing so much unnecessary objects and actions, and feeling the longer the their post is the more meaning it withholds, I object and rather advise that if done right, a single paragraph could bear more strength than ten.

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
(For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?)

-( I simply ask that whatever you attack my character with, that I hold the liberty to decide how said attack affects my character, unless I first give you permission in contexts such as a poly morph spell, I'm very much able to be turned into a cat, but I ask you warn me first!

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
(What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with? Do you prefer to pre-plot relationships or let them happen organically? Are you open to IC-rejection or love-triangles? Age differences? Etc.)

-( I'm comfortable with romance, typically I enjoy it to be organic, as for styles of romance i'm not even sure what i'm interested in OOC so employ it and ill tell you whether or not i'd be interested.

What are your limits with regards to graphic content such as sex, violence, drug use, sexual assault, etc? What is your comfort level?

-( Limitless, I'm impossible to offend and if requested could provide very graphic scenes, though if you plan to post something entirely grotesque all I ask is a warning in case I have a mouth full of food or something of the unfortunate sort.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
(Are you okay with pregnancy in plots? Miscarriages? Loss?)

-( I'm comfortable with it

What about healing?
(For example, a blind character magically being able to see, a scarred up character having their scars repaired, etc.)

-( Perfectly fine and fair by me, in a world of magic, healing of limbs and organs is predisposed.

What about characters being transformed against their will? (Think vampires, werewolves, and magical spells.)

-( Polymorph is fine by me, and other variations of such, though i'd rather not receive any inextricable curses such as the Lycan or vampire bite, anything that can be ultimately cured, is okay.

Anything else?

-( I simply ask you to adhere to the principles of my character and realize they are never meant to threaten your OOC persona, I enjoy playing antagonists, evil , violent, ruthless characters, their limits are already predisposed when I create the character, but how much is revealed is of course, depending on your comfort zone. E.G: if you're the queasy when it comes to violent emotes of blood and gore, I wont provide such out of respect, I wont exceed the limit of what you prefer, but, with that said, my character is bottom-line, a horrible person, he will berate, assault, and show no mercy, so if you cannot even handle the rudimentary malice of Lincoln, I understand, and just simply advise it might be better just not for your character not to interact with him, I enjoy evolving my characters.