Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Hello =^.^=

Started by reggybsr, May 09, 2019, 03:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reggybsr

Hi! I'm reggybsr (that's red-jee-B-S-R), and I'm new here lol obviously. This isn't my first play-by-post, but this is the first one I've become a part of that doesn't seem nearly as strict as my last ones, so I'm really excited to get started! Oh, and I found this site through Google, if anyone was wondering lmao.

I love to write, and I've got quite a chunk of free time (it's summer where I am). Can't wait to RP witchall!! Hehe

quaggan

Hello, it's nice to meet you! I'm glad that you are excited to join us! I took a look at your characters and I might have some ideas. Would you prefer to be contacted via PM or this thread here?

reggybsr

Oh my goodness thank you!! I don't mind wherever we talk, here, PM, or even on discord is fine hehe

quaggan

Nerizanna's looking for her father, right? If she needs a big dumb muscle to keep her safe during the journey, Tarroth is here to help!

Depending on what happened to Ghaned, she may have a few leads to follow!
- Maybe he got captured by the Fae/wandered into their world, and Nerizanna found this little asshole snooping around the house - she could catch her to interrogate for clues!
- If her travels took her to the worst place on Le'raana, I have a squish there who can help her pass through unharmed
- Since she's going to Serendipity to search for him, I have some characters there! If he was working with Wyrdwood, maybe she could question staff members or come across the campus drama queen

reggybsr

Quote from: quaggan on May 10, 2019, 12:38:25 AM
Nerizanna's looking for her father, right? If she needs a big dumb muscle to keep her safe during the journey, Tarroth is here to help!

Depending on what happened to Ghaned, she may have a few leads to follow!
- Maybe he got captured by the Fae/wandered into their world, and Nerizanna found this little asshole snooping around the house - she could catch her to interrogate for clues!
- If her travels took her to the worst place on Le'raana, I have a squish there who can help her pass through unharmed
- Since she's going to Serendipity to search for him, I have some characters there! If he was working with Wyrdwood, maybe she could question staff members or come across the campus drama queen

Woahhh, thanks for all your suggestions! <3

I actually hadn't developed that much on Ghaned's plot, but I was actually thinking about him being indebted to, perhaps, a Fellow of Wyrmwood and was roped into becoming a mage slave in exchange. But after reading all your characters' plot hooks....being captured by the Fae and/or wandering into the worst place on Le'raana actually sounds waaAAAy more interesting xD.

I might actually go with the Fae idea, or even the one with Julius (HE HAS A REALLY INTERESTING FILE BY THE WAY, I BOW BEFORE YOUR IMAGINATION), but then I'd still have to find Ghaned's or the one who sent the letter's motivation for running the poor guy from his home in La'marri. Unless you have ideas of your own, of course? ^-^ Your ideas seem so much more interesting than mine, I'd love to hear what you'd think is a great path for your characters or Nerizanna to follow.

Oh, speaking of that, too, your character/s would make a really interesting dynamic with Nerizanna. Who do you think would suit her best??

Thanks again, hehe.

quaggan

Well, I always like to both have the cake and eat the cake, so why not combine the ideas? Howabout it: Ghaned got indebted to a Fellow at Wyrdwood (that's where the letter comes in). The fellow was studying something that took their expedition undercover to Germanic-Celtic Hell known as Connlaoth, there shit hit the fan and they ended up being taken/escaping into/accidentally stepping through a gateway to faelands. To be continued...

also thank you for the compliments! it's very nice of you!

reggybsr

Sure, that sounds great!! Though, that might mean Nerizanna might be interacting with a lot of your characters lol.

quaggan

Feel free to pick which ones would you like to show up

reggybsr

We could start with Tannoth? I suppose she'd have to go all the way to Serendipity first to be able to find out what Ghaned needed to do in Wyrdwood, and while Nerizanna isn't hopeless, I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what it takes to get over the Terrin mountains, and Tannoth seems like a pretty capable companion xD. If that's OK with you??

quaggan

Alright. Would you like to start the thread, or should I?

reggybsr

Feel free to start if you have an opening in mind  ;D. I'm not the most creative with opening posts, but I can do it if you don't want to lol.

quaggan

Ok, I'll get to work on it.

quaggan

I finally finished and here it is! I figured they could meet in a shop with travel provisions, please let me know if you'd like me to change anything.

reggybsr

yay!!! sounds interesting, i'll try to get my post up by today or tomorrow hehe

reggybsr

quaggan

Nice length! I wrote up a response - I figured you might want to answer the question, rather than have me make up a reply since it's important

reggybsr

oops omg I just realized I did that with your character :((. I'm sorry!!!!!! Hey, if you need to do the same thing for Nerizanna at all, go ahead and just do it, I don't mind!! Huhu I'm so sorry ahkjldshdsf sometimes I just write and write without stopping next time I won't do it again I promise

quaggan

I don't mind! You have a good grasp, and you haven't written her do anything out of character, it's fine. If I don't want to, I usually put it in the character application

reggybsr

I'm still so very sorry :<. I promise I won't do it again without permission!! It's such a relief I didn't taint Tarroth :(((((((

reggybsr

heeey, sorry for the delay, but i got my reply up!! hehe