Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Waking Moon [M]

Started by visualspice, July 25, 2022, 06:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She was moving around, busy like a worker bee. But he could almost smell her trepidation and moved to grab her arm firmly, to hault her action, not harm her, but enough to gain her attention.

"You have my word, if you so need it, I shall accompany you to town. But if you have such reservations and fears, you should trust me to do this task alone. I know we have only met, but I am a man of my words. I will not let you down... but the choice is yours. I will not force you.I..." he finally retracted his hand, frowning. "I am as I said, in your debt."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

Isabel was stopped, turning towards him..... it didn't hurt, it was just unexpected. She put the bucket down and put her hand on her chest in shock. But before she could say anything.... His words, every word flowed into her, he seemed still as worried as she was. She gave him a trusting, longing look. His ruby eyes lent every word, she nodded, thinking a moment about what he said, as he let go she reached for his hand, holding it, "Can I ask you....to come with me?" She asked sincerely...perhaps it was for the better she needed out of this trap of a house....she held his hand firmly but gently. Then she let go, it was different having feelings for someone she'd just met.....

visualspice

He nodded, eyes never leaving her's. Surface dwellers felt your sincerity more if you kept eye contact, a little trick he picked up while leaving up with the sun dwellers.

"Very well, we can make preparations whenever you feel is necessary. "

He felt.. strange as she held his hand. Most would rather not touch him. This she elf was giving him a lot of firsts.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

SpiritDragon

Isabel nodded, making eye contact, it didn't feel awkward like she'd thought... she felt mesmerized by him, she'd never seen his kind before only heard rumors. Being alone did things to her she didn't like. I fleeting thought....no not when they just met. She needed to get to know him a bit better first, if that was even possible.

Romanticizing things weren't helping her, giving her heart something to hope for. Nodding at his answer, "I feel within the next two days, to give some time for you to rest," she said, smiling slightly, he needed it.

visualspice

Vlint raised a single brow at her.
"You intend to keep me around for so long?" It was a gruff jest, but still a jest none the less . He studied her face briefly before looking away.
"I suppose I ought to rest." He made a face and slowly rose from the table. The wounds would never heal if he wouldn't rest.

He gave a nod towards Isabel. "Come find me if there's trouble. Other wise, let me sleep." And he moved towards his assigned room.

SpiritDragon

Isabel, smirked, nodding. She would keep him around as long as she could. When she was relaxing, during the two days he spent sleeping, she was surprised how long he could sleep. The day came, and she started gathering and packing for the journey alone, it was tedious. She gathered furs on her wagon incase she had buyers. A couple of covering reverse skins for when or if it rained, she organized the wagon as it was, sues on the seat to make it comfortable, she brought empty sacks to fill them with grain. Some of which she was second guessing to even come back....

Now she just needed something to pull the cart, and get them there. She waited for him to wake jumping down from the wagon. There was an eerie feeling in the air. Isabel was anxious to get going. Something just wasn't right, a blast hit the barrier, then again. Setting her stuff down she went inside, heading to Vlint's room, "Vlint?! Vlint! There's something wrong with the barrier!" She said quietly, she looked around his room, as he lay there she wondered if she should shake him awake.... She could hear another blast, as it shook the house.

visualspice

The drow had nearly slept most of the two days away. He had awoken at midnight,  where he collected mushrooms and other ingredients for his poisons out of habit.  Then he stashed them away and had passed out again. He had even checked the perimeter,  so he was a little more than surprised when she awoke him.

"Someone's attacking?"
And they were very forceful,  powerful attacks as the whole ground shook. Vlint was quickly throwing on his shredded armor as he slunk towards a nearby window to get a better look.

SpiritDragon

Outside the barrier, the sorcerer pounded attacks, strong attacks that would disintegrate a man. The force was weakened but still there, he stopped, thinking, he hadn't seen many of these old barriers. It was from people before them. "What did you stop for?! Keep going!"Gideon ordered. The sorcerer knew better, "I need time to figure out it's source then, then I'll be able to bring it down," the sorcerer said eyeing the man, "have your men ready, I'll bring this down within three days."The sorcerer said, "I didn't pay you to take your time...." Gideon said walking up to him. "Fine, three more days, then we bring it down!" his cooperation would only go so far, if the sorcerer couldn't pull through. While they rambled on past the tree line and back into the forest.

Isabel held her breath, the last few attacks nearly had her cringing at the thought. "I think it's done...." She said obviously, she hid behind the door frame, she couldn't hear anymore. However she still no longer felt safe here. "We have to go, the further we're away from this place the better...." she said. 

visualspice

Vlint gestured for silence, listening intently in the aftermath.
"I should investigate. Whoever is making these attacks might just as easily follow us outside the barriers protection." His eyes returned to Isabel's and he rested his hands on her shoulders.
"Wait here, and don't leave the protection. "
Then he hesitated.. as if he might say something more, before he turned to leave.

With natural speed, he was armed and out the door, making his way low through the brush- his body a dark camouflage in the shadows as he crept with soundless speed. His red eyes were ever alert, and a hand was always trained near the poison coated throwing daggers at his side.

SpiritDragon

Isabel hesitated "But..." she stuttered, forcing her silence. Easing out of it as she listened, she could hear faint talking but couldn't understand it. She pressed against the doorframe. When he spoke....her heart leaped at him, when he touched her shoulders, she reached up. Before she could even do anything it was gone, he spoke once more. Isabel nodded, seeing his hesitation.....she reached a hand out slightly but stopped the moment he was gone.....damn it.....she thought. Feeling more confused about him rather then the attacks, she had a bad feeling she knew who had found her....

Gideon and his men were working their way back to the camp. He held a crossbow in one hand and arrows in the other. He was prepared for the worst, if that girl had magic.....it gave him a fire for her, he wasn't prepared for and it excited him. Laughing loudly, Gideon went back to his tent once they arrived and poured his attention to his plans on the table. While the sorcerer was studying the outside of the barrier tracing where it was with a piece of chalk.

visualspice

Vlint'ner stayed low, creeping along until he spotted the man drawing chalk circles.  Vlint knew enough about magic to know the chalk circles were unwelcome and would likely be used to further destroy Isabel's safe guard.

Like hell he'd let them. But he remained quiet, as a shadow, and tried to see what other men might be lurking near this mage.

SpiritDragon

Isabel, stood by the door she could see the barrier ripple. It was weakened, but still..... she felt worried. Why was she worried? It wasn't like this was her home....she slammed a fist lightly against the door frame, she crouched down and hugged her knees in the doorway. Watching with her emerald eyes, the ripples, she wrapped her cloak around her gently.

The sorcerer marked each sigil, each calculation to bring the barrier down. It would take some time, there were two guards present that the Baffon left him. He sniffed, cowards, they were afraid of a girl....who probably had no magic. Standing up his black and red cloak, waved in the sudden wind. His dark brown eyes glinted, as he stopped for the time being, "come I must do some research, I need to study my books..." he ordered the two men. They scoffed at him, hardly respecting him. The man lifted a hand and grabbed the air like he was grabbing the nearest man's throat. The man scuffed for air, grabbing at his throat before being let down to the ground. "Do better to show some respect."The sorcerer said. They went back to the campgrounds.....

visualspice

As Vlint 'ner watched, his frown hardened at the magics. Of he needed to take this wizard out, he would have to do it quickly, and before any others could raise their own defensive barrier around him. 

Magics were always a bit tricky for him to handle. He wasn't a fan of mages, even if he had some magical talent himself...but those magics.. he'd rather forget about.

Carefully still, he followed the mage and company for as long and stealthily as he dared. He didn't want to travel too far from Isabel, but he also needed answers
He did not want to go into a fight, blind.

SpiritDragon

The sorcerer held still on his way back to the camp, he listened, shooting a fireball in the air at a tree he thought he heard something. The area was quickly scorched, and the branch started to break. His eyes narrowed at the spot, but decided to move on once the moment was gone. Moving quickly, he ordered the two to be on guard. They were about halfway to the campsite. He would see his job through. He was paid good money for it. He could hear the branch fall, smiling coyly. That should give a warning, or at least a good scare.

They arrived at the camp, he quickly went to his tent, putting up a barrier of his own, digging through his texts until the books gave information....

*back at Home*

Isabel was worried....what if he didn't come back?! He was so stubborn, he needed to let it go. What ever was happening she needed to be prepared to leave. Getting up from the doorframe she decided to pack essentials. Grabbing a scatchel, she grabbed anything she could think of, food, all the coin she had and supplies. Plus any clothing items. Sticking it in the wagon, she'd pull it in her wolf form if she had to. Once she felt the need to be ready she waited by the doorframe once again.

visualspice

Vlint tensed,  eyes closed tightly as a swell of heat from the fire blasted over his form. He grit his teeth, ignoring the flash of pain as he flinched away. His form remained rigid, even after the fire died away. He hardly even breathed until the men were farther away.

That was a close one. Had he been closer, he would have been roasted alive. But he had a job to do and once he spotted the campsite, he frowned.

He was sensitive the magics, and the thrumming of the barrier could be felt. He scowled. He wouldn't be getting any closer this day. He needed to get back to Isabel. And let her know they needed to move fast

Vlint'ner returned,  gently knocking on her door.  It would do no good to slip inside without warning. Both he and his host were on edge enough.

"Isabel," came his voice,  low and rough. "I've returned."

SpiritDragon

Isabel heard his voice, excitement rose in her and out of lack of self control. She opened the door standing there staring as if it's been ages. She ran and hugged him. A deep hug she rarely gave, closing her eyes a moment and muttering "don't scare me like that again...." She whispered... it was weird having feelings after this short time. Isabel let go after remembering about his injuries, "sorry, sorry, I um...you ok?" she rubbed her arm nervously at what he'd do.

visualspice

The drow was taken off guard and made a noise as he caught her, tensing as arms wrapped around him tightly and...
Was.. the she elf ...embracing him?

He... wasn't even sure how to react to that. Hugs were almost a foreign language to his kind. Affection was often shunned. Yet he couldn't help but react naturally to how any male would react to a woman being so closely pressed to his body.

He inwardly cursed himself. He need not be thinking about this woman as a mating tool. She was an she elf, besides. Their kinds were mortal enemies to his own since the dawn of time. No... this was merely gratitude. He had to remind himself that.

"Yes, I'm alright. But I return with some disturbing news. It seems your enemies have a skilled mage among them. I tried to follow them back to their camp but he raised a barrier. "

SpiritDragon

Her happiness quickly soured at the new, she thought. "He's never hired a sorcerer as long as I've known him......" she could see that this was troublesome news. "They've always been anti-magic user people from what I've learned..." she said, "this is definately new and dangerous by the sounds of it..." She stated obviously, thinking out loud, " we'll good thing I have the wagon packed, we just need to move out. There's supplies and the furs I can sell later... I've got nothing left here.... The chickens can take care of themselves for a bit,"she nodded, "when ever you're ready, I can pull the wagon with my wolf form if we need until I can purchase a mount." Isabel said nodding towards the wagon.

visualspice

He frowned at the idea but had to wonder...
"Does this man after you know you can change? That you're a shifter?"
As far as he knew, they also didn't know a drow was assisting her. She'd atleast have a leg up on them that way.

SpiritDragon

Isabel shook her head "He's seen both forms but dosn't or hasn't figured out it's me..." she said smirking at him, "he dosn't  know you're here..." which was an added bonus on both parties, the sooner they left the better, if they brought that barrier down while she was here....that would end  wry badly if magic was involved. She had no experience with that kind of magic. He sounded powerful....how was it that that man was able to hire someone like that? Shaking her head in thoughts, she went past Vlint and stood next to the wagon. She was ready if he wanted to grab his things. "I'm ready when ever you are..."she said.