Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting idea: The House Trap

Started by visualspice, January 01, 2023, 03:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

So I had a really interesting dream that I woke up before the story could resolve itself and I thought to myself- MAYBE, just MAYBE it could be resolved in roleplay! So here I am, typing up my rambily thoughts on the subject.

Basically the entire scenario takes place within the confines of a large manor home (be it some sort of castle or what have you- depending on the final plot location...)
But basically inside the home will look normal, except that certain magical entities / people can become 'trapped' and then 'hunted' inside. The idea is the patriarch of the family is some sort of magical hunter, and his house has become his den to hunt down prey and all of his family is associated with this hunt in some form or another.

What I DO know about the hunter's of magic ability is that they need magic in order to survive, and that the magic ability of other people and entities is their source of food- whether it's because of a demon pact or perhaps they are a certain species of beings that has to eat magic- I'm not sure yet but can figure it out via the story or as I plot with those whom might be interested!

This sort of idea could be interesting in Connlaoth, due to it's conflict already due to mages already being hunted. As the war goes on, the family might be getting more 'desperate' for it's food source; which is how the unlikely character whom gets hunted inside the home, ends up there (but in my dream it was a mistake, but I'm open to it possibly being plotted, but in my dream, it was fun because HER presence was NOT plotted and she ends up linking with another magical entity inside the house when she's being chased that helps her trick and outrun the family members that are in pursuit.) The entity that links with her is a shadow entity; but prior to this, the female protagnonist had the ability to fly, so that tacked along with the Shadow entity's shadowy ability, she's able to fly away and hide/ morph for a time into the shadows. Other than that, she hadn't much magical talent, which would have initially made her an unlikely target for food. However, because she becomes 'hard to catch' like some sort of mouse in the house, the family all takes it as a challenge and their goal to hunt her down like every other mage they had hunted before.

Naturally, the father is the spear head of the family,- and being it's Connlaoth, the sons of the family would be expected to take part as well, but the females do as well (The wife, being in on the chase early on) and assuming they might have a daughter, she would eventually be expected to help the hunt as well.

Now this is where further plotting is needed! My dream gets muddled at this point, but eventually one of the son's ends up turning sides and considers helping the female that's trapped inside the house- however, this is meant to be a conflicted character who is seen as more of the black sheep of the family- so whether or not he's actually trying to help her or help himself get in better graces with his family would be up to the plotting. (I like the idea of it being BOTH, and let the role playing decide!)

That being said, is anyone interested in helping me to flesh out this idea via plots and play? :D

Mostly looking for someone to either play the female lead or son; but also we could plot with some of the family members as well.
I'll take on the role of the patriarch and either the female lead or son (doesn't matter which atm) to help spear head the story along, but is anyone interested in creating more of this plot with me and playing it out? :D
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

So just typing this down while it's fresh in my brain (and I got some coffee, yeah!)

The Aegis family are a type of vampire race that feeds on the magical abilities of others- be it human magics or those from magical beings.

To 'drink' the magical powers from another, I'm thinking it might tie into the life force of that magical person / being? Because initially I was contemplating the family's ability doesn't necessarily kill whomever they drink from but it would greatly weaken them (like shave a few years off perhaps-) plus, they're now nonmagical!

When they drink magic it's more or less just food for them and prolongs their life and also helps enhance their vampiric powers

The type of vampiric powers they get (aside from drinking magic from others) are as follows:
-longer life
-immunity to most human diseases
-becoming more powerful (they themselves possess some super human strength, speed and some telekinetic abilities - all of which must come from the magic they drink)
-fast healing (although this is linked to their vampiric powers and is only sustained when they eat magics)

Since the magic drinkers are also human, they do need regular food as well to survive.
They can bleed and can die by mortal means (If they get sick- yes, the illness will take them, stabbing them with a mortal wound, throwing them off a cliff, etc)

I guess you can say they're hard to kill.

Creating more magic drinkers is also a unique conundrum
Children can only become magic drinkers if BOTH parents have the ability.
For some reason- non magic drinker females tend to die when giving birth, and their children tend not to have the magic drinking ability.

They're a rare breed of vampire and are a bit sensitive to sunlight, as in it drains them quicker of their magic drinking energies - so most just stay indoors.

They do have an aversion to iron, as it's a more effective way to get them to actually bleed.

It's hard to say if there's a limit to how much power one can drink and how powerful and strong it makes them, but to sustain their abilities at all, they have to feed, at a minimum, yearly.

Normal humans can not be fed upon and would only be affected by their super human qualities if they were to quarrel.

More to come as rambily text!

visualspice

SO a thought!

Drinker v. Drinker-
I'm thinking that yes it is possible for drinkers to drink from one another, since it is more or less magic they're digesting- so it's like syphoning food from someone's tummy :O

Drinking also benefits the drinker as they get a temporary extra power boost from the drink, and something similar to a 'high'. This, obviously, would be affected by the potency and amount of 'drink'