Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More Than A Name [Spice]

Started by DragonSong, January 04, 2023, 09:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Thomas?" Addie moved toward the flickering figure, though Elea kept a hand on her shoulder. "Thomas, can you hear me?"

Maybe Elea was right. Maybe he was...ready to move on. But for some reason, despite the brief time she'd known him, Adelaide felt her chest go uncomfortably tight at the thought.

visualspice

It wouldn't be until closer to that evening that the familiar sights if the carnival would return to him. Clouds were rolling in, the sounds of thunder distant,  but promising- but by no means masked the music that drew Thomas forward. 

He wasn't sure what has happened, but it seemed he had returned to the area of the carnival. And then he remembered..
"Adelaide.."

And began to move through the colorful arrangement of tents, peeking in here or there, seeking the young woman out.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Adelaide was in one of the smaller practice areas with Elea and Myst by the time the storm began threatening to roll in.

It had taken nearly an hour for her to begin to accept the idea that Thomas may have simply...moved on. She knew, logically, it was likely the best thing for a wandering spirit.

"Maybe he just...needed a friend," Elea had offered kindly. "Maybe he was lonely. And he's not anymore, so..."

It still hurt. More than it should, for how brief a time she'd known him.

Myst had been the one to suggest rehearsal as a distraction. And so she found herself tumbling across the grass as Myst and Elea played a lively, rolling tune. She was so wrapped up in her work, twisting and leaping and spinning across the ground, that she at first didn't hear the startlingly familiar voice calling her name.

visualspice

Thomas thought he heard something in one of the nearby tents, and moved to step inside, just as Adelaide's form tumbled through his. It felt,  strange, and stunned him a moment.  Did he just.. feel something?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh!"

An abrupt chill, a tingle that started at the top of her head and raced down her spine. The triple handstand flip she'd been working through turned to a double and a staggered roll as she found herself trying to whirl in midair.

"What in—?!"

She stared, mouth hanging open.

"...Thomas?"

visualspice

It took him a moment to come to his senses, but he was all smiles as he noticed her stagger to recover.
"I hope I didn't startle you too badly."

DragonSong

"Thomas!"

She moved forward as though to hug him, then caught herself and dropped her arms awkwardly, flushing. "You—what—?"

"He's back then?" Myst called from where he was sitting beside his wife, flute resting in his lap as Elea stared, wide-eyed.

visualspice

Thomas blushed on her behalf.
"Sorry," came his clumsy reply. "Being this way has a lot of restrictions. " 
And at the other's comment, he looked at Adelaide curiously. 
"I'm sorry for all this. I..didn't realize I could disappear. I hope you weren't too worried. "

DragonSong

"O-oh, well, I..."

"He really is back, isn't he?" Elea suddenly frowned and marched over to stand beside Adelaide, glowering at the patch of air that the young acrobat seemed to be addressing. "You've got a lot of nerve, young man, coming back after giving her a fright like that!"

"Elea!" Addie protested, her cheeks now positively scarlet. Myst hung back with a slight smirk on his face, evidently more than content to watch his wife scold an invisible personage.

visualspice

Thomas shrunk back as Elea approached, scolding him. He put up his arms, as if in surrender. 
"She's right. I'm sorry,  Adelaide.  If I'd had realized I would have told you." He frowned, studying her.  "Are... you okay?"

DragonSong

"Fine, I'm fine!" Addie waved her hands quickly, trying to reassure both him and Elea. "I just, um...I was, sort of...worried about you..."

Elea opened her mouth, apparently ready to lay into him again, when Myst cleared his throat and noted mildly, "My love, perhaps Adelaide is quite old enough to defend herself?"

"Oh." Elea deflated slightly and gave Adelaide a chagrined look. "Yes, I suppose you are, aren't you? Well." She glared in Thomas's general direction briefly once more. "Don't do it again." Then she turned and flounced back to Myst, who seemed entirely too amused by the whole situation.

Addie, for her part, was blushing positively crimson, but she gave him a small smile. "I—I thought you might be...you know. Gone. Like, gone, gone."

visualspice

Thomas continued to shrink back some at the scolding,but he couldn't help but smile a little for it.

"I truly am sorry, Adelaide, " he reassured her, stepping closer but hesitantly. It wasn't like he could offer her a hug. Even still...

"I've never run into another person who could see me before. So I hadn't... well, I didn't realize that when things got.. strange for me, almost like a black out.. that.. well, that was the result of it. " He pauses to study her, sympathetically. "So did I really simply.. disaspear?"

DragonSong

Addie bit her lip and nodded slowly. "Yeah," she murmured. "You sort of...faded away. It was easier to see you in the shade, for a while, but then..."

She spread her hands out in front of her and shrugged helplessly. "I sort of thought—I mean, we assumed you might have...moved on?" She cocked her head at him, studying him with a combination of curiosity and concern. "Where did you go? You said it was like a blackout?"

visualspice

Thomas frowned. 
"Truthfully, I don't know. It's almost like I'm sleeping... but I'm not.  Things are dark... unformed... murky, like really deep waters. Even feels the same, except the part of being wet."

He smiled, laughing at himself.

"That sounds ridiculous , doesn't it?" 

He shook his head.

"It was dark.. empty feeling, but felt almost... smothered.. except I guess I can't breath."

He shook his head again and furrowed his brows in thought, staring at the ground. Then he looked at her.

"It's possible my spirit was trying to leave this world but.." he frowned. "This isn't the first time thus has happened."

DragonSong

Addie's eyebrows tipped up in concern as he spoke. "That sounds...uncomfortable," she murmured sympathetically.

When he said it wasn't the first time it had happened, she frowned and muttered a mild curse under her breath. "Gods, I wish Mira was here," she murmured, running a hand back through her hair--mostly loose from its customary braid now--and tipping her head up towards the ceiling. "She'd have some answers. Or at least some ideas."

Looking to Thomas again, she added with a small, crooked smile, "Would you mind, um...warning me, if you feel that happening again? It--I was rather...worried for you." Blushing, she dropped her eyes and admitted in a mumble, "I...missed you."

visualspice

He knew they couldn't touch, but he reached out a hand to rest comfortingly upon her shoulder.  It almost felt real. 

Almost.

"I'm sorry, Adelaide.  It wasn't my intention to make you worry.  This is all knew to me. But I'll try my best to warn you if things change again.  Truthfully,  I'm not sure what triggers it. But I shall be more attentive."

DragonSong

"Oh--no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean--" She winced and twisted her hands together in front of her body. "You don't have to apologize, I know you're not doing it on purpose. Just, y'know...maybe if you tell me when things start to feel off, I can help you figure out what's causing it?"

She offered an almost sheepish smile, glancing at his hand on her shoulder. Well. Sort of on her shoulder; it was odd, like she could feel the intent behind the touch, even though she couldn't feel the touch itself.

visualspice

Thomas moved so he was before her, slightly bent so their eyes' could meet.

"Don't worry, Adelaide. I will do my best. This is all still so very new to me. Makes me wonder how long I've been this way."

Years? Weeks? Months? Days?

"But you're my friend, and I'm so lucky to have you."

DragonSong

Her blush warmed a few degrees, but she smiled at him. "I--I'm glad." Then she heard herself and amended quickly, "I mean, not glad that you're--you know, glad that I met you, I mean, I--oh, hells."

She gave an awkward laugh and buried her face in her hands. "I've really just put my foot in it, haven't I?"

visualspice

"Come now,  don't worry yourself sick on it. Besides, " he moved to sit down lower, incase she wanted to look at him through her hands where her face was still buried. 
"I feel the same. And there's nothing to be done on my situation so you mustn't try to blame yourself. So.. no putting your foot in your mouth," he teased.