Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

More Than A Name [Spice]

Started by DragonSong, January 04, 2023, 09:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

She smiled at him through her fingers before slowly lowering her hands back to her sides. "Well, thanks. And—" She but her lip, then said quickly, "I really am glad I met you today, Thomas."

"Not that this isn't adorable," Myst drawled from where he still sat beside Elea across the rehearsal space. Addie started, spinning to face them. "But don't you two have a tour yet to finish?"

visualspice

Thomas blushed and Whispered closer to her ear,  "I'm sorry if I'm embarrassing you. I forgot there was an audience. "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

She smiled at him, the barest flash of a dimple appearing in her left cheek. "...So did I."

Glancing back at Myst, she made a face at him briefly before saying to Thomas, "He's right though—now that we're pretty much don pitching set, I could show you around the fairgrounds properly?"

visualspice

"Well, I suppose if it isn't too much trouble.." he smiled and bowed his head.
"I'd be delighted. "

Glancing around,  he felt the need to comment, "It seems like you all got much done in my absence. "
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Oh, well, we've had plenty of practice," Addie laughed. "We're never in one place longer than a few months, so we know how to take things down and put them up again right quick."

"He asking about the grounds?" Elea called, and Addie nodded in her direction. Elea gave them a little wave toward the door in response. "Well, go out and see them! We won't be entertaining visitors for another day or so, you'll have the whole place to yourselves."

visualspice

"It's impressive! How many people help with all this?"

But at Elea's words, he blushed a little. 

"I can't help but feel strange they can't see me. They're being so accommodating and I can't even thank them in return. Or even you for that matter. I know we can talk but... I feel so useless and wish I could help."

DragonSong

Adelaide gave him a soft smile as she moved toward the entrance to the rehearsal area. "You're a guest," she assured him quietly. "You don't have to help. This is what we do--this is our livelihood, our lives."

She shrugged, giving Elea and Myst a quick wave and calling, "He says thank you!"

She shot Thomas another look as she led him back out onto the fairgrounds proper. "See? I can thank them for you."

visualspice

Thomas blushed, his smile widening.
"Thank you, for that. You're more than accommodating to me and understanding of my plight. I consider myself fortunate to have found you."

DragonSong

"Oh, well." She flushed and tried to wave the compliment away. "I wouldn't say that, just...well. Ahem." She gave him a small smile, a little lost for words.

"Do you, um...do you want to see the animals?"

visualspice

Thomas's smile broadened.
"Nonsense. Don't sell yourself sure, Adelaide. And I've love to see the animals. What kind do you keep?"

DragonSong

"Well, mostly the dogs," Addie chirped as she led him through the back end of the grounds. "Um, just to warn you, they're...a special breed. Bigger than most people are used to. But they're very friendly!"

Well. Friendly to the Fantasma members, anyway.

visualspice

"Ah, do you help train them?" he inquired, following after her with interest. "And are they anything like the Connlaothian tracker? Those are truly animals of magnificent size."

DragonSong

Addie couldn't help smiling at that. Oh, he had no idea.

"They're...well, you'll see." They we're coming up on what Vis jokingly called the "kennel", a set of wagons that were used to transport tents when they were on the move, but served to shelter the troupe's riding dogs when they set up grounds.

Half the pack was lolling about in the slowly dimming light, absolutely massive canines—the smallest was easily the size of a pony—with thick, shiny coats and paws made for travel. A few sets of ears perked up at their approach, and one of the hounds—a female Addie called Patch for the splash of sandy brown fur around her eye—gave a soft woof of greeting.

Well. Relatively soft.

visualspice

Thomas followed quietly- for then, he was a ghost and he could do little else. It wasn't like he himself, nor his footfalls, could make an impression. But as the scene bloomed into view, Thomas's eyes widened, jaw opening as he took in the great awakening beasts. He couldn't even speak, so mesmerized with a smile at them that he simply just stood there, staring in awe.

DragonSong

Addie laughed when she glanced to her side and caught his expression, her eyes sparkling. "Told you they were big," she giggled. "C'mon. Animals are sometimes more...sensitive to things than human-type folk. I think you'll like them."

She gave a low whistle, and Patch heaved herself up onto her massive paws and came trotting over, plumed tail waving like a banner behind her. She gave another quiet woof and shoved her nose into Addie's outstretched palm. When she found no waiting treats, she gave a plaintive huff and plopped herself down in front of the two of them, whining pitifully.

"Oh yes, you're quite pathetic," Addie laughed, reaching up to scratch her ears. "I swear, you'll make our guest think we never feed you." Patch's tail thumped against the earth. Then she cocked her head, sniffing, and swung her snout in Thomas's direction. She gave another low huff, this one somehow questioning, and stretched her neck forward to sniff enthusiastically at the air around his face.

visualspice

"They are beautiful," Thomas exhaled, staring all starry eyed at the beast as she approached. He reached a hand out, as if to touch, but slowly recoiled, sheepishly smiling at the reaction. But then Patch turned in his direction to give a few sniffs and a noise and Thomas's brows crawled up his brow.

"Wow it's..." Thomas breathed, slowly reaching his hand out again. "It's almost as if she can sense me."

DragonSong

Patch woofed again and, tongue lolling, shoved her whole nose right through his chest.

"Patch!" Addie tried to drag her back, but she needn't have worried; the massive dog jerked back on her own, sneezing five times in quick succession.

"Oh my goodness." Addie looked back and forth between Thomas and the dog. "Are—are you alright?"

visualspice

If Thomas could go paler, he would have.  It felt strange to have the dog run its snout through his form,  and he held his incorporeal breath. But Adelaide's voice broke him of his shock.

"Yes.. I'm fine, " he breathed, smiling quizzically.  "I .. it was just.. strange is all. I.. normally avoid.. having living beings pass through me. It.. doesn't settle right. "

DragonSong

Adelaide winced sympathetically. "I'm sorry," she murmured, even as Patch shoved her nose forward to sniff at him again and she had to grab the animal around the neck. "Oof! Gods, Patch, leave 'im!"

The dog whined and flopped down onto her belly, nosing at the outline of Thomas's feet. She still seemed curious more than anything else, despite her accidental spectral experience.

visualspice

Thomas smiled at the scene.
"I apologize,  I would offer comfort pets upon her, but I am unfortunately without the means. "