Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

It's Not Me, It's You

Started by DragonSong, December 17, 2023, 10:12:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSong

"Prize catch," Mira repeated dryly--then snorted when he tried to down the whiskey clearly without actually knowing what it was.

Alright. Maybe he was telling the truth. She doubted a truly godlike being would be so caught off guard by a bottle of booze.

"Most people don't down it like that," she informed him, reaching out a hand and twitching two fingers to indicate she wanted the bottle back. "It's usually a sipping sort of drink. I happen to be less inclined to that."

MorningStar

"Well, aren't you such a lady," he jabbed back sarcastically.

Lucian contemplated the means to sever the mystical bond binding him and Mira, a connection forged in dark arts. "To break this unholy tie, we'll need a finely crafted obsidian blade, symbolizing our separation. A blood offering is crucial, drawn with precision during a celestial alignment, signifying our shared essence. Black candles arranged in a specific pattern, an ancient grimoire with dark incantations, and mystical sigils in our blood shall enhance the ritual's potency. A binding symbol representing our connection must be destroyed. Lastly, an essence vessel will contain our extracted magical essence, preventing its untimely release."

As he explained the steps to Mira, detailing the intricate process of dismantling the ritual, he chose to omit one crucial detail. The possibility of her demise lingered in the back of his mind, a dark truth he couldn't bring himself to disclose. Instead, he outlined the plan, hoping the steps would unfold smoothly enough.

"So," he continued, his eyes meeting hers so he could look for signs of interest. "Do you want to do this? Or are you falling for me, after all?"

DragonSong

"Never claimed I was a lady," Mira snipped, conveniently ignoring her own "status" of birth and the fact that, had she followed her parents' wishes for her life, she very much would have been Lady Ifamira Blighte.

She listened to him list off the criteria they apparently needed for this...this sundering. She refused to call it a "divorce", not even in her own mind.

"And so what does this do, exactly?" she demanded, rather than answering his question directly. "Magical ties are rarely easily unbound--will there be side effects? Backlash? I highly doubt the whole thing will just..." She waved a hand airily. "Poof away."