Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

After Hours: Dust to Dawn

Started by visualspice, January 17, 2024, 12:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She huffed and continued to argue.

"No doubt pieces of the book you're so intent on destroying!"

And as if she'd fall for any of his tricks.

"Now if you'll please, I have a book to repair and a door to lock up!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

His face flashed red, actually offended this time. "I would never destroy a book on purpose! I can probably fix it quicker than you can!"

Noah was starting to let Artemis get the better of him, clearly.

visualspice

"As if I'm to believe that after what you foolishly did to this one!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

MorningStar

visualspice

Was he honestly arguing  with her?!
"You!" She gasped. "I don't even know you! You.. you..!" She looked as if she were mad enough she might hit him with the book.

"This.. this isn't worth my time." Huffing she began to stomp towards the entrance. "I'm calling the guards ."

But she was barely a few feet away when she came to an abrupt halt-

Because standing in the door way was a tall, dark figure shrouded in a thick cloak.

MorningStar

Despite the circumstances, the way the woman was getting so easily flustered was amusing. Amusing, and a bit cute, be might add. But soon she was on her feet, rushing away with threats skipping from her lips.

That's why he was surprised when she stopped, but his eyes quickly found the source that blocked her.

He stood, cautiously moving forward and putting himself between Artemis and the strange figure standing in the doorway. It was a tall figure, a man perhaps? He couldn't be certain as the face was concealed and the cloak kept things even more a mystery.

"How charming," Noah said, an eyebrow cocked. "How can we help you? Sorry, but the library is closed." With that last comment, he briefly glanced over at Artemis, mouthing the words, "some people."

The figure didn't answer. Instead, it ran straight at them.

visualspice

It was only then did she notice the flash of something metallic in the person's hand and began to instinctively back away, gasping as she backed away into Noah. 

The blade was out now and pointed at them both.

"The Savignaght has been disturbed. I can feel it's reawakening bonds," came a raspy voice. Then he noted the worn, leather book in her grasp and pointed the blade directly at her.

"That book. Give it to me!" The cloaked figure commanded. "Or Nahmshein, I will cut you both down to choke and die on your own blood!"

MorningStar

Noah, standing between Artemis and the cloaked intruder, felt the weight of the situation escalate. He cautiously took the book, his senses on high alert. The intruder, armed and seemingly capable, presented an unexpected challenge. Not that Noah wasn't capable himself, but he had hardly prepared himself for a gentleman's duel that day. He hadn't even had tea!

Not willing to see harm befall Artemis, the woman who served as an innocent bystander, Noah addressed the cloaked figure with a taunt. "You want it, big guy?" he challenged, a sly grin forming. "Take it!" Without hesitation, he hurled the book at the intruder, the satisfying thunk as it collided with their face marking a brief moment of triumph.

In the same breath, Noah spun around to face Artemis. Taking her hand urgently, he wasted no time. "Run!"

visualspice

Artemis gasped when the book was taken and unceremoniously hurled at the cloaked figures head. Then she yelped as Noah pulled her along, she stumbling over her own two feet and kicking whatever it had been that had fallen between her legs. She gasped and now seemed to pull him along as she headed towards the object, stumbling in midrun before she scooped it up. She gave a little triumphant smile- one that soon fell completely off her face as the figure behind them seemed to roar.

MorningStar

As Artemis stumbled over her own feet, Noah felt a surge of panic rising within him. He tightened his grip on her hand, determined to keep her safe as they fled from the cloaked figure. But then, just as they reached the fallen object, everything changed.

The object began to emit a soft, otherworldly glow, illuminating the darkness around them. Noah's eyes widened in astonishment as he watched the light dance and shimmer, casting strange shadows in their surroundings. And then, in an instant, they were enveloped by the light.

Suddenly, they were no longer in the library, but suspended in mid-air, surrounded by nothing but blinding brightness. Noah's heart raced as he exchanged a look of disbelief with Artemis, his eyes wide with shock. "Oh shit," he said. And then, with a sudden jolt, they were plummeting through the sky, hurtling towards the sandy desert below.

The wind whipped past them as they fell, their screams lost in the rushing air. Noah's mind raced as he tried to make sense of what was happening, his thoughts a jumble of confusion and fear. And then, with a bone-jarring impact, they crashed into the soft sand, tumbling and rolling until they came to a stop.

For a moment, they lay there, dazed and disoriented, the hot desert sun beating down on them. Noah groaned as he struggled to push himself upright, his head spinning from the sudden journey.

He peered at Artemis in utter disbelief. "I don't like what you've done with the place."

visualspice

Artemis Longfellow could not stop coughing. It felt as though sand were lodged into any and every orifice- including the very depths of her throat. And the fall, though jarring, was nothing compared to the impact if their fall and their subsequent tumbling down the large dune of sand.

Everything hurt, and she was certain her wrist must be broken- as she curled it against her body protectively and continued to cough out the remains of sand inside her mouth.

But then she paused at the man's comment-
And just couldn't help but continue to stare. Really...really !? He would make some off handed, joking comment now? Of all things to say or do..

But she simply blinked, eyes threatening tears as her gaping mouth turned into a whimpering pout as she continued to look all around them at the seemingly endless expanse od the desert. Wind tosseled at her hair, forcing her to wince as the sand entangled on her already fussed up locks, tittered against her face. She was forced to shield her eyes with her uninjured hand as she remained, knees deep in the sand- a single shoe missing from one of her feet and her eyes just incredible wild, bewildered at this strange turn or events.

"I must have fallen asleep," she finally deduced. "And this is all some silly dream."

But how could she deny the blazing heat of the sun? And the sting and grit of sand? And the racing of her heart?

It was only then did she realize she had been gripping onto the object that had transported them here and slowly opened her shaking hand to look at it.