Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You read. I'll fight. (Jonas)

Started by Anonymous, June 28, 2006, 07:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

He politely explained to Kyla where his house was and then diverted his attention to Kaori who was still absent mindedly feeling the matierial he asked if she liked the material and said that he would put some in her room if he did. She gave him one of her trademark evil smiles saying, "No. I was just figuring things out about you. You must be a wealthy man." She didn't mean to sound rude, just honest, but this got her a shove in the ribs from her sister who looked at Kaori as if she had just slapped Milkari.

Anonymous

He just smiled a response and lowered his head in a light embaressment, lifting it with a reply "I admit i'm well-off." he outwardly states, looking out to the scenery as it stops, forest, two large gates fashioned before the horses is closed, the driver had stepped down and began opening them, watching the horses trot in slowly, he closed it behind them and caught up to the carrage, hopping back on and getting it back on course and up to a fair speed.
He watched as the great garden went by, it was fairly large too, taking several minutes for them to finally stop infront of the house itself. The mansion-side door of the carrage was opened, Malkari climbed out first and sighed a happy breath, stretching slightly and nodding thanks to the driver.

He slowly began for the house, as if such a building was nothing new or interesting visually.

Anonymous

He was modest about the fact that he did have so much money, something that Kaori highly approved of. Soon they were up at the house and he stepped out of the carrige soon followed by a graceful Kyla. Unlike the last passager who litterally lept down from the carrige looking curiosly at the huge house. Both of the girls had barely seen a house so big let alone live in one. To them this was very exciting. Soon Kaori screamed to her sister, "Race ya!" Kyla threw her good manners to the wind and chased after her sister up the steps that led to the door.

Of course Kaori won, but Kyla enjoyed herself. Once they were up there they were dwarfed by the mere size of the columns in front of the house, while different thoughts ran through there head. Kaori was feeling the sides not finding many chances to climb it, now that would be a challenge for her, while her sister was admiring the architecture. Both were smiling as they did so, and honestly they could have spent hours there staring at the huge columns.

Anonymous

The gent chuckled and turned to the driver, waving him off appreciatively, with a nod, he did so, taking the carriage around the house and out of sight. Pulling a small key from his pocket, he then approached the house, slotting it into the single lock that centered the door, putting it back in his pocket before opening one side (double door).
"Welcome home" he announced as the light shone in from behind them, revealing a marble floor and twin banister staircase that circled a lower enterance. At the top, it split into a sidewinding corridor, offering two directions, left and right.

He waited behind the pair, curious to their reactions as the maid stood to on one of the stairwells, looking down her nose onto the pair.

Anonymous

Kyla gasped as her eye's laid on the beautiful house. The marble floors and the staircase seemed to be out of dreams. She carefully stepped inside as if afriad it would vanish. Then she slowly began stepping in. Unlike her sister Kaori simply glanced at the floor and her eye's lit up when seeing the staircases, those banisters would be so much fun to slide on. She contained herself though stepping right behind Kyla, and as Kyla admired the marble Kaori immediatly noticed the maid looking at them in scorn. Kaori just gave her a wicked smile. The maid must have been thinking about the handful that they'd be, and although Kyla was nearly an angel to look after Kaori had no problem with keeping that maid busy. Especially after she had audmatically assumed they were trouble.

Anonymous

Malkari walked in behind the pair, smiling to the emotions portrayed. He looked over to the maid whom instantly changed appearance to but a glance of her employer.
"Would you mind showing the girls their rooms?" he questioned, placing his hands lightly on one shoulder of each.
The maid nodded, walking one step at a time up the stairs "This way" she instructed.

The male leant down to the pair "I'll just be finishing some work, then i'll join you for dinner and we can discuss what changes to your room you'll like" he smiled, standing up and walking towards the center of the stairwell, disappearing down the dimly lit corridor with a hum.

The maids voice echoed through the hall, sharply instructing the girls "This way."

Anonymous

Once the maid looked at Milkari her expression changed, then he asked her to take them to there rooms. Before he left Milkari said he had some buisness to attend to at which Kaori nodded and Kyla said, "Of course, sir." Then once he left the maid told them to follow, and they did. Kyla also took the steps one at a time, while Kaori left up the stairs two at a time excitedly. She reached the top before the other two and slid down the banister, "wooooooooooooooooo." It was a lot of stairs. Soon she had caught back up with the two who were only now at the top step. She was much to hyper for this.

Anonymous

The maid rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath about Kaori sliding down the banister, she checked the top for damage as she set foot onto the landing, turning a sharp right down the long corridor, she walked past several doors, expecting the pair to follow without looking back, she stopped at a single brown door at the end of the corridor, standing infront of the window that ended the corridor, there were doors opposite one another as she gestured with her hands. "Your rooms." she bluntly stated, her tone absolute and dull.
She didn't wait for the pair to explore their new bedrooms before speaking to them, not caring if they wern't listening - it would be their own fault.
"Dinner is in an hour, two o'clock." she announced, keeping up appearances "Don't be late. Our cook finishes at ten, so don't expect any late snacks. You'll both be in bed by eight." she instructed, continuing after a brief pause.
"I look after this house and i expect you to do the same, clean up your own messes and we shall get along perfectly. There's no running in the house, sliding down banisters" she directed this to Kaori more specifically. "You both sleep in your own rooms and any friends are to be invited through myself or your father" she finished, remembering one more thing.

"There is one rule your father only heeds, all others appear.. negligent" she shook off the idea that he was less than perfect "Do not enter the double-doors at the end of the corridor on the base level." she instructed, scowling to the pair "That is all" she murred before walking back down the corridor towards the stairs, checking the banister once more before doing her cleaning rounds.

As for the rooms themselves, each hosted a double-bed, several times longer than one person would need, even fully grown, it would be impossible to touch the bottom, each post was extended to the ceiling, connected at the top by four beams that spanned a roof. Curtains were even present. Both rooms appeared dull, with several soft toys littering one corner rather tidily, both rooms were painted a clean shade of white, the pillows, blankets and other details matched this too. Besides the soft toys and bed, cabinet that seemed to devour an entire wall, sliding doors rather than opening ones, the room seemed fairly empty.

Anonymous

They listened to the maid carefully, but once she was gone they both walked into the room on the left side of the hall Kaori saying, "I call this one." When she opened the door she gasped, she had never seen a bed even half as large as this one, but no matter how big the beds were it was still a plain room so they explored the other one to find it was just as plain. They both liked it better that way though, at least he hadn't decorated them already to find that they hated it.

Once they were done they sat on Kyla's bed Kyla finally mentioning something they had both thought, "Kaori, I know this sounds silly but we've never been that far away from each other for hours on end. We've never had seperate rooms. What if something happened to one of us." Kaori smiled at her sister putting an arm around her shoulders and saying, "It's okay, we'll find a way to get to each other. I promise I'll always be here for you. I'll even sneak in here if I have to." Kyla giggled seeming to be much more at ease. Soon though they were both jumping on the huge bed and giggling. It was about a half hour before dinner when they finally decided to go downstairs. When they reached the railing Kaori was about to slide down when Kyla grabbed her arm saying, "Must you get in trouble on the first day were here." Smiling all Kaori said was, "There's no better way to break in house." They both left as they walked down the stairs.

Anonymous

The main hall connected all the halls to one another, nowhere was labelled or signed, as you might expect in a house that looked like a museum, it was ominiously empty. From the ground level, to the right and left of the front doors, was a corridor eitherside, then there was the dimly lit corridor down the center of the house under the landing and of course the other corridor opposite of the direction they went in to find their rooms.

Anonymous

Since they had a little while until dinner yet Kaori decided to go exploring and of course Kyla went with her. Befor they knew it they were standing in front of the door that they were supposed to go through. Kaori reached her hand out to turn the handle when Kyla stopped her saying, "No. Kaori you can't, do you want us to be kicked out huh?" Kaori just said back to Kyla, "What if there's something really horrible in there and we would be better off running away. We need to know what he's hiding." Kyla simply said, "Sometimes it's better if you don't know." She followed Kaori inside anyway. When they opened the door the saw to there amasement....

Anonymous

(so many spelling errors lol, but i got it all)

A grand hall, must've been 60+ ft tall, lined to the sides with pillars, it was around 80 or so feet wide with pillars lining 5ft from the side-walls. Curtains were drawn and it was fairly dark, dimly lit by tourches mounting the pillars. The hall itself had to be several hundred feet long at least.
Akong the center of the hall, stretched out from it's head starting towards the middle of the hall and it's tail ending just before the backwall - which was lined with many valuable objects, such as gold and jewels, lay a magnificant dragon. To one side, a small dresser stood, standing out from the rest of the room as it had a small changing booth too. Recently used it would appear with the gentlemans clothing slung over the changing booth. The dragon was sleeping, it's heavy, warm breaths filled the room easily reaching the pair. Its' eyes were positioned on the sides of its head, making its perfrefrial vision unable to see afront of it. The wings were tucked to the sides, a slight curve in the neck from the position of its body showed off the beautiful navy-blue, silk feathers that lined the back of the neck and head. Each was easily taller than the girls.
The head of the beast alone dwarfed the children.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Normally such a room as this would have been marveled by the two girls. Kaori looking at the treasure while Kyla obsessed with the arcitechture (I can't spell it lol), but both of the girls eye's were focused on only one thing. The huge head in front of them. It's breath swayed their hair as they looked at the creature withwide eye's. Being the practicle one Kaori noticed the even breathing and lazily shut eye's, so asuming it was asleep she quietly asked, "Kyla. What is that?" She said it so calmly for such a little girl, but Kaori was practiced at this. She was an excellant huntress, and even though she couldn't identify this animal she knew that it could sense fear.

Kaori's calm attitude soon caught onto Kyla although she was still quite frightened, and it took her a moment to collect herself before she could shakily reply, "I....I think it's a....a dragon." Kaori soon asked her sister, "Do you think it's here to harm us?" Kyla just stared at it saying, "I don't know. It depends on the dragon I suppose." Kaori gulped before saying, "Oh. Why do you think it's here?" Kyla simply said, "The gold could have attracted it. They hoard treasure, but then again I highly doubt that this dragon could have gotten in here without anyone noticeing." Still remaining calm Kaori asked her sister, "So there protective of there treasure." Kaori could see her sister nodd out of the corner of her eye and so contiued, "Maybe it's here to gaurd it." Kyla nodded again.

During the whole conversation neither of them had moved or broken eye contact with the dragon, and soon they felt themselves drawn toward it. For some reason it intrigued them both greatly. Kyla because this was one of the creatures from her world of fantasy and Kaori because it was a glorious new creature. It was real, and here. Suddenly Kaori realized that she had been moving closer and stopped herself grabbing Kyla's arm, making her too break eye contact with the dragon laying before them.

(Sorry it took me so long. It's been a little hectic. My house computer isn't hooked up right now, so I can only be on when I'm at my grandmothers. Which is half of the time, but the other half I'm at my house on damage control. Sorry again.)

Anonymous

(no problem)

The scents of the two lingered in the air, just touching the nostril of the beast - of which their size could easily get lost within. His teeth was covered almost completely by a scaley lip. The eyes fluttered in his sleep, dreaming perhaps? The tail continued to swish softly, often knocking into the treasure that ended the hall.
The voices, prescense and general knowledge of the two seemed completely absent to the creature. The only enterance to the hall was the small double-doors, that wouldn't even fit the muzzle of the creature.

Anonymous

The dragon stayed asleep his tail ocasionally hitting the treasure by the walls. Soon the girls couldn't help it. There curiousity had been sparked, and they once again began to inch closer. They were on opposite walls now and were sticking close to the treasure, but trying not to hit it. The last thing they needed was to have a stack of treasure fall onto the dragon. Finally Kaori was to about half of the dragons length so she carefully reached out her hand to stroke it.

Kyla did the same although it was only after Kaori had. Kaori admired how it's scales were like armor covering it's whole body. This would be a very hard beast to hunt. Kyla was noticing the same thing but more for information than practicle use. After a few strokes Kaori looked around and nodded to herself now knowing that she was right about his money. He was rich.

Kaori then signaled for Kyla and her to walk back to the door. Kyla immediatly obayed looking at the beautiful dragon as she walked by.

(Sorry that this post sucks. I'm just low on muse, and since I don't know when I'll be able to post again so I had to get it out.)

Anonymous

To the touch his eyes flicked open, but did not stirr, his sight watched the pair go about without hinderance, closing them again as they walked by. It was interesting to see how they reacted - he certainly didn't approve of them breaking the house rules, but perhaps they might accept him, unlike so many others.

His senses kept him high of alert, waiting carefully before opening his eyes slightly, trying not to let them catch him being awake...

Anonymous

They both reached the door without seeing that the dragon was awake, and so no fear wrapped over them, actually for some reason it made them rather calm. It was like when you look at a painting and sit there peacefully admiring it's beauty. After looking for a while Kaori grabbed the handle to the door peeking out.

She didn't see anyone, so she signaled for Kyla to come over. Kyla obayed, but right before she walked out she smiled at the dragon, but Kaori shuffled her out. Not able to help herself Kaori gave the dragon a wink and a smirk as she left. She shut the door behind her smiling at her sister as they walked down the hall.

Anonymous

The beast lifted its head as they departed, frowning to himself in thought. Perhaps they would be the first to accept him in a very long time..
He lowered it once more, closing eyes and falling back to sleep.

Meanwhile, the maid had finished her rounds, passing the corridor without seeing the pair, she headed for another room and chatted to the cook there, it seemed dinner was almost ready.

Anonymous

The girls explored a bit more until dinner was close. They were already late for dinner by the time they realized they were lost and began searching for a fimailar place. Not to long after they found the stairs and began there search for the dinning room.

Ooc: Sorry I didn't really know what to put here.